• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Does God Love You Personally?

I don't think that was meant for the layman. It was instructions to Timothy a Pastor in training. But Paul did say to try to turn a person away from open obvious sin.
2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
Certainly, we can also debate teachings, but I don't trust myself to condemn anyone anymore for their beliefs like I used to.
I don't tell people they aren't saved, but many tried to tell me I wasn't. I seriously believe someone must be beyond blind to tell me I'm not saved. Well anyways, I love talking about the deep things of God. I hope you know I am not trying to say you are not saved. I do think I can explain the truth to you better though. That isn't pride. It is out of love.

Ez 26:36 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

There have been many moments. God has been leading me up the stairs.
But listen to what Ezekiel says we are to get a new heart and a new spirit in us...

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Sure, but the new heart now dominates the old heart. But the old heart gets its licks in. The old heart treated you poorly. The new heart doesn't.
That is so good to hear when someone can say that. Most will never hear those words or say those words.

But listen to what Ezekiel says we are to get a new heart and a new spirit in us...

Ezekiel 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Yes, but they weren't able to do it and neither was I. That is why like the narrative of Ezekiel the Lord did it for me, not because of me. I can't speak for you nor can I judge you. Your experience is yours. All I can do is give my testimony.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

I don't tell people they aren't saved, but many tried to tell me I wasn't. I seriously believe someone must be beyond blind to tell me I'm not saved. Well anyways, I love talking about the deep things of God. I hope you know I am not trying to say you are not saved. I do think I can explain the truth to you better though. That isn't pride. It is out of love.
Perhaps you can, but at this point, God is revealing His truth to me and that is a hard one to beat.

Yes, but they weren't able to do it and neither was I.
Isaiah 59:20
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD.

That is why like the narrative of Ezekiel the Lord did it for me, not because of me. I can't speak for you nor can I judge you. Your experience is yours.
No such thing as being saved in different ways. We can only be saved the way Jesus says.

Isaiah 59:20
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD.

No such thing as being saved in different ways. We can only be saved the way Jesus says.
I can't lie, I must tell it how it has happened to me. Yes, the redeemer comes to those who turn to Him. He also comes to those who kick against God's goads.

I agree, there is only one way that we are saved, by grace through faith.

I can't lie, I must tell it how it has happened to me. Yes, the redeemer comes to those who turn to Him. He also comes to those who kick against God's goads.

I agree, there is only one way that we are saved, by grace through faith.
I gave you scripture that says to those who repent of their sins.

I gave you scripture that says to those who repent of their sins.
As I said, I believe in God's omnipotence. I believe he knew I was saved even while creating the earth. There was never a time that He did not know that I would be saved, so in God's reality, I have always been saved.

Now, this could be just a crazy belief and maybe God doesn't know the future like I think He does. So I do not judge others with a different belief than I have.

You are thinking of Paul, correct? Paul had to do what Jesus said to to do get saved. Paul was not saved by faith alone.

Acts 9:6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

As I said, I believe in God's omnipotence. I believe he knew I was saved even while creating the earth.
No one is saved before they are saved.
There was never a time that He did not know that I would be saved, so in God's reality, I have always been saved.
No such thing. Just because God knows who will believe and obey, it doesn't mean a person doesn't have to first.
Now, this could be just a crazy belief and maybe God doesn't know the future like I think He does. So I do not judge others with a different belief than I have.
We have to go by what the scriptures say, not by what others say.

Sorry for butting in to your discussion but I feel like your comments here demand we ask this question of you

What happens when someone comes along that can explain to YOU the truth better than you can explain it to them? I think this is one of many places humility comes into the picture. So what do you do when someone wants to explain a deeper truth to you?

Back