• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Defining the godhead - an open discussion on Unitarianism, Binitarianism and Trinitarianism

Let's try another one.
The Word was God. The Word became flesh and lived among us.
Who was the Word
There is no reason to try another back door attempt to rationalize a doctrine not found in Scripture.

I’m sure I’ve answered this particular question several dozen times. Words are WHAT’s not WHO’s. John 1 is the fulfillment of Deuteronomy 18:15-18.

God said he’d pick a man among the people (Jesus) and put his word in this man of the people’s mouth.

Let's try another one.
My turn. What do you make of this?

Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh alone! Deuteronomy 6:4 (REV)

I am Yahweh, and there is none else.
Besides me, there is no God.
Isaiah 45:5 (REV)

Gnosticism is condemned by the Shema, the unitarian creed of Judaism. Gnosticism is also condemned by the words spoken by Yahweh himself.

Is it any wonder then that the Gnostics said in response, “Yahweh is the devil”?

Gnosticism rejects the God of Israel. Jesus, a Jewish monotheist, loves the God of Israel.

I’ll join you now in waiting to see what @SteVen has to say in response to your post. He’s decided (no problem) not to respond to mine.

No God but the devil?

John 8:44 NRSVue
You are from your father the devil ...

/

My turn...
Who is the "us" and "our" in this verse?

Genesis 1:26 NIV
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,
so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky,
over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over
all the creatures that move along the ground.”

]

My turn...

This is interesting.
The Hebrew on this is indicating a capital O and U on "Our likeness", "Our image" and "Us".

1714697008150.png

]

My turn...

]

Yahweh and his angelic court.

What does the following verse say? “He,” Yahweh.

Yahweh is the creator. The angelic court was involved in the discussion and decision before Yahweh actually created the heavens and the earth.

“Yahweh is the devil.” - Gnosticism PSA

This is interesting.
The Hebrew on this is indicating a capital O and U on "Our likeness", "Our image" and "Us".

View attachment 2296

]

The Hebrew does no such thing.

Trinitarians have chosen to capitalize the U and the O. They’re leading you with their bias.

See trinitarian translations which don’t capitalize the u and the o. They’re translating without inserting a bias.

Trinitarian translation of Genesis 1:26 selected at random: ESV. Little o little u. Interesting, or nah?

No God but the devil?

Ludicrous. In spite of what Gnosticism tells us, Yahweh is not the devil.

John 8:44 NRSVue
You are from your father the devil ...

/

Said by a Jew to fellow Jews who had been his disciples (“To the Jews who had believed him”) but no longer were (v. 31). It is to those Jews - Jews who no longer believed that Jesus is their God’s Messiah that he says, “Your father is the devil.”

Jesus was not at all saying that the God of the Jews is the devil. The devil is the father of all (Jews and Gentiles alike) who deny that Jesus is the God of Israel’s promised (by Yahweh) and prophesied (by Yahweh’s prophets, including, but not limited to, Moses) Messiah (“anointed one”).

What we’re reading in the four Gospels is, essentially, an all Jewish affair: Jews who believe vs. Jews who do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.

Back