• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Changes in perspective

Christianity is a way of life and it is life long endeavor.

You don't become like Christ in a day.

You believe you are christ like already and saved.

You are no different from the "Christians" you belittle, claiming to be saved.

blessings, pumpkin.

Christin receive the end of their new born again faith from the beginning. . the salvation of their brand new soul

1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Christ is not a man, It is the spirit of the father that works in mankind .A eternal spirit has not flesh and bones

What does our living hope represent? Not saved ? Those who crucify crucify over and over every time the sin?

Who is your living hope or confidence ?

Christin receive the end of their new born again faith from the beginning. . the salvation of their brand new soul

1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Christ is not a man, It is the spirit of the father that works in mankind .A eternal spirit has not flesh and bones

What does our living hope represent? Not saved ? Those who crucify crucify over and over every time the sin?

Who is your living hope or confidence ?
I asked you about the milk stage of faith, and you did not reply.

would you answer my question to you first?

thanks.

It just sounded like you always thought "it" is about grace, and your growth only confirmed that.
Who knows what you are calling "it." But salvation is about grace. Every mercy God shows sinful man is about grace. The law is driving towards redemptive grace, found only in Jesus---not the law.
I believe the scripture, that thousands have.
(Probably not many thousands.)
The scriptures do not say that thousands have kept the law perfectly. Not a speck of sin can dwell in the kingdom of God. Scriptures say this: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory (perfection) of God.
And the Lord says, Blessed are those that do keep the law.

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My commandments.
Exodus 20:6
He showed mercy to sinful Israel by making a way of temporary covering of their sin, through substitution. A life for life. Until the fullness had come in Christ. The one who removes sin by paying its penalty for all those who put their trust in Him, (not in the Law). The One whose sacrifice and resurrection, by grace, through faith, changes a heart, cleanses a conscience, as the law never could. (Hebrews) Why do you suppose John the Baptist called Him the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?
St Paul obviously believe some will fulfil the law.

And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee,
who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

Romans 2:27
Paul is not speaking of the same Law you speak of----the Mosaic covenant law for keeping the land. He is speaking of the moral law of God, that character of God we are to mirror. For he makes that distinction in verses 17-24 with biting sarcasm, But if you call yourself a Jew and rely on the law and and boast in God and know His will and approve what is excellent, because you are instructed form the law; and if you are sure that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth, you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that one must no commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. For as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you." Does that by any chance twinge your conscience?

Paul is not in any way shape or form, saying some will fulfill the law. Only one did that and it wasn't Paul. It was Jesus.

And here is an example from scripture for you.

There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,
a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia:
and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Luke 1:5-6
That does not say he kept the law perfectly, otherwise he would not be doing what he was doing after first having his own sins covered, before he went in the the Holy of Holies as the high priest to offer the temporary covering of sin for the people. It just means he was subject to God's law in his heart (true faith in God)and actions, as a subject is to his King.
I let the Lord announce that for me.

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:14
You said you had already endured to the end. You are still here.
You would to take from me what God has given me, but you can't, dear Israel.
And you refuse to claim what is promised to you, O Jerusalem.

And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you:
but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Luke 24:49
The first thing has nothing to do with the second thing, and you take for yourself what was given to Israel, but through lip service only.
I show you a scripture, you respond by saying the opposite.
And then babble on some.
You didn't give a scripture. You simply told me to get on top of the law. And that you consider instruction and clarification babble tells the whole story of CF.
Could the Lord have said it more plainly than He did, in His law?

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
A blessing,
if ye obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
And a curse,
if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God,
but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day,
to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28
You know you break this Law Deut is speaking of. So why do you think you get the blessings and not the cursings? Scripture tells us that if you break one commandment, you have broken them all. It means you have sinned against a holy God, and now how do you propose to be rid of that stain? More law keeping won't remove it. The animal sacrifices are done away with and you wouldn't do that either or go to jail for doing it. So how are you going to get rid of the stain?

You offered a verse not its understanding of grace .
That verse included "Keep yourself in the love of God", didn't it.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments:
and His commandments are not grievous.

1 John 5:3

Why not just say; its in the Bible, every time a person questions.
Because they probably won't go to look it up,
and even when they do, they might not find that verse, that makes my point.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
and they are they which testify of Me.

John 5:39

What do you say not what does the bible say it can have various offerings or personal understandings.
Don't drink my blood.
But believe the word of scripture.

Try drinking the milk of the word it teaches us God is gracious to those who he has mercy on.
That is why I offer it up for you.

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep My commandments.
Exodus 20:6

They are any more Paul's sayings then they are Moses saying both represent the milk of the word teaching us God is gracious.
But the Lord gave us His commandments in Moses' day.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

No milk, no meat.
If one eats the Lord's flesh, and drinks His blood, they shall be entered into the land that flows with rivers of milk and honey.

When thou hast eaten and art full,
then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which He hath given thee.

Deuteronomy 8:10

I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1 Corinthians 3:2
I have fed you with the meat which the Son of man gave me.

Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you:
for Him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:27

Christianity is a way of life and it is life long endeavor.
Reproofs of instruction are the way of life,
and meditating in the law daily is a life long endeavor too.

For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light;
and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Proverbs 6:23

And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life:
that he may learn to fear the Lord his God,
to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deuteronomy 17:19

You don't become like Christ in a day.
It took me a couple of years to fulfil all the commandments.

Seventy weeks are determined upon Thy people and upon Thy holy city,
to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins,
and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness,
and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Daniel 9:24

You believe you are christ like already and saved.
As He is, so be we in this world.

Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment:
because as He is, so are we in this world.

1 John 4:17

You are no different from the "Christians" you belittle, claiming to be saved.
I let God be the judge of that.

Now therefore, if ye will obey My voice indeed, and keep My covenant,
then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto Me above all people: for all the earth is Mine:

Exodus 19:5

blessings, pumpkin.
You too, cauliflower.

😘

Who knows what you are calling "it." But salvation is about grace. Every mercy God shows sinful man is about grace. The law is driving towards redemptive grace, found only in Jesus---not the law.
I believe the commandments in the law are the commandments Jesus kept.
And if we believe Jesus, then we shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love;
even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

John 15:10

The scriptures do not say that thousands have kept the law perfectly. Not a speck of sin can dwell in the kingdom of God. Scriptures say this: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory (perfection) of God.
I showed you the verse. Exodus 20:6
You are telling me, 1. you don't actually believe God's word, that is in the scripture.
And 2. that not one person shall ever dwell in heaven.

And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude;
because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the Lord thy God.

Deuteronomy 28:62

He showed mercy to sinful Israel by making a way of temporary covering of their sin, through substitution. A life for life. Until the fullness had come in Christ. The one who removes sin by paying its penalty for all those who put their trust in Him, (not in the Law). The One whose sacrifice and resurrection, by grace, through faith, changes a heart, cleanses a conscience, as the law never could. (Hebrews) Why do you suppose John the Baptist called Him the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?
Now you are saying everyone is going to dwell in heaven. No matter how they sinned.

But I believe, only those whom He took their sin away shall dwell in heaven.

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest.
And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation,
and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelation 7:14

Paul is not speaking of the same Law you speak of----the Mosaic covenant law for keeping the land. He is speaking of the moral law of God, that character of God we are to mirror. For he makes that distinction in verses 17-24 with biting sarcasm, But if you call yourself a Jew and rely on the law and and boast in God and know His will and approve what is excellent, because you are instructed form the law; and if you are sure that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of children, having in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth, you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? You who say that one must no commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. For as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you." Does that by any chance twinge your conscience?
You believe Paul would never have been into keeping God's law.
Just because He carried a Torah around and taught from that, doesn't count for anything.

Because Paul is the one who taught you God's covenant is old, and ended.
And only those deluded by the devil would now think to do all God's commandments.
Right?

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,
but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 7:19

Paul is not in any way shape or form, saying some will fulfill the law. Only one did that and it wasn't Paul. It was Jesus.
And shall not Jesus judge you,
who by letter and circumcision transgress the law?

He that rejecteth Me, and receiveth not My words, hath one that judgeth him:
the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

John 12:48

That does not say he kept the law perfectly, otherwise he would not be doing what he was doing after first having his own sins covered, before he went in the the Holy of Holies as the high priest to offer the temporary covering of sin for the people. It just means he was subject to God's law in his heart (true faith in God)and actions, as a subject is to his King.
How to cover ourselves with God's spirit?
And not with our own fig leaves.

Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord,
that take counsel, but not of Me;
and that cover with a covering, but not of My spirit,
that they may add sin to sin:

Isaiah 30:1

You said you had already endured to the end. You are still here.
I now have life everlasting.
That is the end of doing the law. Christ's eternal life

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:13

The first thing has nothing to do with the second thing, and you take for yourself what was given to Israel, but through lip service only.
You would rather believe that God in His graciousness has not granted me, or anyone,
the knowledge and spirit to keep all His law.

And ye have not kept the charge of Mine holy things:
but ye have set keepers of My charge in My sanctuary for yourselves.

Ezekiel 44:8

You didn't give a scripture. You simply told me to get on top of the law. And that you consider instruction and clarification babble tells the whole story of CF.
Did I not show you this one from Deuteronomy 28?
I'm pretty sure I did.
Maybe you overlooked it, or read it too hastily.

And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God,
which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

Deuteronomy 28:13

You know you break this Law Deut is speaking of. So why do you think you get the blessings and not the cursings?
Only because I set my heart to keeping all the commandments which the Lord commanded for us in Moses' day.

Remember ye the law of Moses My servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

Malachi 4:4

Scripture tells us that if you break one commandment, you have broken them all. It means you have sinned against a holy God, and now how do you propose to be rid of that stain?
Yes I broke them sometimes. Especially in the beginning.
But the Lord was quick to reprove me, when I did.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten:
be zealous therefore, and repent.

Revelation 3:19

More law keeping won't remove it. The animal sacrifices are done away with and you wouldn't do that either or go to jail for doing it. So how are you going to get rid of the stain?
And one may do away with God's words,
but I know He is faithful to keep His word.

Know therefore
that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God,
which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations;
And repayeth them that hate Him to their face, to destroy them:
He will not be slack to him that hateth Him, He will repay him to his face.

Deuteronomy 7:9-10

I now have life everlasting.
That is the end of doing the law. Christ's eternal life
:ROFLMAO: Now you contradict yourself completely! You are the one who insists that keeping the law is the way of eternal life.
You would rather believe that God in His graciousness has not granted me, or anyone,
the knowledge and spirit to keep all His law.
I believe what the Bible says. No one is justified by the law. Jesus is the only one who ever did or ever will keep it perfectly, and perfectly is what is needed. Otherwise, we have sinned. If you want to be counted as perfect, His righteosness must be counted as though it were your own. It is what the Bible calls being in Christ, through faith. So, what is this faith? It is believing that God is telling the truth when He says that Jesus substituted His righteousness for our sinfulness on the cross. When He did this, He was satisfying God's justice for those sins. We deserve death and eternal separation from God because of our treason and rebellion against Him (sin). One sin is one too many. God is just. He will not, cannot, violate His own character. Our sins have to meet justice. Jesus did that in the place of all who would believe this. Our sin was imputed to Him. His perfection defeated our enemy (sin and death). He rose from the dead. When we believe this, we are said to be in Him---His righteousness counted as our own. Sin can't condemn us to death anymore if we are in Him through faith. What the OT sacrifices of actual animals not metaphorical animals, shadowed, and was temporary, with certain judgment coming ultimately, Christ has fulfilled. To the uttermost. Once and for all. (who believe)
Did I not show you this one from Deuteronomy 28?
I'm pretty sure I did.
Maybe you overlooked it, or read it too hastily.

And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God,
which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

Deuteronomy 28:13
That says nothing about being on top of the law. It is God telling Israel what He will do for them if they keep His covenant law. Which they didn't. They broke the covenant. If you consider yourself to be in that covenant, you have broken it too. When they sinned, God in His patience and mercy, made a way through substitution (blood sacrifice) of temporary covering, which had to be repeated over and over. He did this til His patience came to an end and they were defeated and conquered by enemies, and eventually scattered to the winds.
Only because I set my heart to keeping all the commandments which the Lord commanded for us in Moses' day.
List those commandments that you keep please and tell me exactly how you keep them.
Yes I broke them sometimes. Especially in the beginning.
But the Lord was quick to reprove me, when I did.
Do you think His reproving you takes away your sin? Even if you repent the sin has been committed. It is a stain that only faith in Jesus can wash away. And Jesus is who He is, not who you or anyone else says He is. He is who the Bible says He is. The Lamb of God who takes away sin. The Savior who saved, by substituting His righteousness for sin and bearing its penalty in place of the one who believes. Who rose again from the dead and ascended to the Father where He was before He came as one of us. The One who when He returns destroys all the wicked from the earth, all who have rejected Him. Today if you hear His voice (the words of the Bible, not your imagination) do not harden your heart. And I just told you the Bible's words on the subject.
And one may do away with God's words,
but I know He is faithful to keep His word.
His word says that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. All that come to Him (in truth, not imagination) will have eternal life.

If you pay attention and listen and do them,

sweetpea.
Some pay attention, and still don't reprove.
But those that reproved paid attention.

Sturt desert pea. 😘

Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way:
and he that hateth reproof shall die.

Proverbs 15:10

Do you know what those words were?
And still are, God's words.

He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings:
and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

John 14:24

:ROFLMAO: Now you contradict yourself completely! You are the one who insists that keeping the law is the way of eternal life.
I'm not the only one.

but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew 19:17

And I know that His commandment is life everlasting:
whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

John 12:50

I believe what the Bible says. No one is justified by the law.
Not by the law,
but by being doers of the law.

For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Romans 2:13

Jesus is the only one who ever did or ever will keep it perfectly, and perfectly is what is needed. Otherwise, we have sinned. If you want to be counted as perfect, His righteosness must be counted as though it were your own. It is what the Bible calls being in Christ, through faith. So, what is this faith? It is believing that God is telling the truth when He says that Jesus substituted His righteousness for our sinfulness on the cross. When He did this, He was satisfying God's justice for those sins. We deserve death and eternal separation from God because of our treason and rebellion against Him (sin). One sin is one too many. God is just. He will not, cannot, violate His own character. Our sins have to meet justice. Jesus did that in the place of all who would believe this. Our sin was imputed to Him. His perfection defeated our enemy (sin and death). He rose from the dead. When we believe this, we are said to be in Him---His righteousness counted as our own. Sin can't condemn us to death anymore if we are in Him through faith. What the OT sacrifices of actual animals not metaphorical animals, shadowed, and was temporary, with certain judgment coming ultimately, Christ has fulfilled. To the uttermost. Once and for all. (who believe)
If ye love Me, keep My commandments.
John 14:15

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.
Psalm 119:1

That says nothing about being on top of the law. It is God telling Israel what He will do for them if they keep His covenant law. Which they didn't. They broke the covenant. If you consider yourself to be in that covenant, you have broken it too. When they sinned, God in His patience and mercy, made a way through substitution (blood sacrifice) of temporary covering, which had to be repeated over and over. He did this til His patience came to an end and they were defeated and conquered by enemies, and eventually scattered to the winds.
The second half of that verse said
"if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:"

And your response is to say "that says nothing about being on top of the law".
Because to you, keeping the law as the word says to means being beneath.
And you do not lower yourself to hearkening unto God's words, to observe and to do "His covenant law".

But when I humbled myself before God's law, to observe and to do it all, like He says,
then Jesus started coming to me, to teach it.

Blessed is the man whom Thou chastenest, O Lord,
and teachest him out of Thy law;

Psalm 94:12

List those commandments that you keep please and tell me exactly how you keep them.
You need an harvest labourer to do this for you.
And you have called on the right guy. 😇

How to keep them is described throughout the list.

And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life:
that he may learn to fear the Lord his God,
to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deuteronomy 17:19

And thou shalt write upon the stones all the words of this law very plainly.
Deuteronomy 27:8

Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them.
And all the people shall say, Amen.

Deuteronomy 27:26

If thou wilt not observe to do all the words of this law that are written in this book,
that thou mayest fear this glorious and fearful name, THE LORD THY GOD;
Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed,
even great plagues, and of long continuance,
and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

Deuteronomy 28:58-59

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God:
but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we may do all the words of this law.

Deuteronomy 29:29

Gather the people together,
men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates,
that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the Lord your God,
and observe to do all the words of this law:

Deuteronomy 31:12

And he said unto them,
Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall command your children to observe to do,
all
the words of this law.

Deuteronomy 32:46

And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessings and cursings,
according to all that is written in the book of the law.

Joshua 8:34

And He said unto them,
These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses,
and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning Me.

Luke 24:44

Do you think His reproving you takes away your sin?
Yes. When the Lord tells me off, I never forget it.
And I never break that commandment, or say that wrong saying, again.

Thou shalt also consider in thine heart,
that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.

Deuteronomy 8:5

Even if you repent the sin has been committed. It is a stain that only faith in Jesus can wash away.
I turn at His reproof.

My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord;
neither be weary of His correction:

Proverbs 3:11

And Jesus is who He is, not who you or anyone else says He is. He is who the Bible says He is. The Lamb of God who takes away sin. The Savior who saved, by substituting His righteousness for sin and bearing its penalty in place of the one who believes. Who rose again from the dead and ascended to the Father where He was before He came as one of us. The One who when He returns destroys all the wicked from the earth, all who have rejected Him. Today if you hear His voice (the words of the Bible, not your imagination) do not harden your heart. And I just told you the Bible's words on the subject.
Have you seen Him?

And Jesus said, I am:
and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 14:62

His word says that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. All that come to Him (in truth, not imagination) will have eternal life.
Then keep His saying.
Jesus was God's word, come in the flesh

Blessed are they that do His commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:14

Back