• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Changes in perspective

That men of the nation of Israel believed YHWH to be a unity of persons doesn't have squat to do with scripture not belonging to men of any nation.
Ok then what do you mean by their own scripture ? Oral traditions ?

They got it.
That's why Thomas the disciple could call the Son his Lord and his God.
That's why the writers of the NT could use terminology that was believed on by generations of Jews even before Christ was born.
Terminology such as LOGOS/MEMRA/WORD and COMING ON THE CLOUDS and SON OF MAN, etc.
Those were terms that the ancient Jews knew were another distinct person of YHWH.
A picture of salvation

Thomas was responding to to the living words of the prophet Jesus . The words of the father that lovingly commanded Thomas to believe and not be faithless As a confession of the faith of Christ. Thomas called God not seen my Lord .

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Romans 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

A picture of salvation

Thomas was responding to to the living words of the prophet Jesus . The words of the father that lovingly commanded Thomas to believe and not be faithless As a confession of the faith of Christ. Thomas called God not seen my Lord .

John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Romans 10:9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
That incarnation thing about the WORD/YHWH becoming flesh seems to be very puzzling to some.

Sorry, but it still says they were the majority before they were the minority.
The Lord did not set His love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people;
for ye were the fewest of all people:

Deuteronomy 7:7

They were both at different times, so it cannot be said that ONLY a minority can be God's people.
Then said one unto Him, Lord, are there few that be saved?
And He said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luke 13:23-24

Blessed are they that do His commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:14

YHWH did not become flesh. His logos did. "Incarnation" is a made up term.
It did not become flesh the invisible eternal things of God was revealed by flesh the temporal things seen .Just as it is revealed by the two tablet God hewn out and God not seen wrote his law with his finger .

The what I call 20/20 prescription is needed to rightly divide it must be applied

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Lord did not set His love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people;
for ye were the fewest of all people:

Deuteronomy 7:7

Then said one unto Him, Lord, are there few that be saved?
And He said unto them,
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luke 13:23-24

Blessed are they that do His commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Revelation 22:14
welcome back.

Back