• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Changes in perspective

I am not under law. I am under grace.
Was this your very first perspective, when you converted and came to Jesus,
or did you arrive at that over time?

But you didn't explain why you keep some of the law, whatever you say is important, and do so in any ole witcha way.
Because we are debtors to keep the whole of the law, there is no explaining why not keep some of them.
I do not judge which of God's words are not important.
That would be some kind of witchcraft, to me.

All versions I know use all caps
Well, not all do.

And whosoever done it to the King James Bible did a poor job,
forgetting some instances,
and capitalizing the word God sometimes instead.

God is God, YHWH, LORD is a substation for YHWH.
English is English.
And All Caps is not English, unless it is acronym.

I call Jesus Lord. I call His Father God, YHWH.
Moses wrote of Jesus, and called Him the Lord.

what are you asking?????????????
That was a quote of Jesus asking.

I dont play what if games.
The Son of man came for me.

He is the Lord of the sabbath day too.

good for you.
This saying of Jesus was fulfilled for me.

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,
Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Matthew 10:23

I spoke to Christians, I went with them to their church,
and I went to many churches.
And I ploughed the Internet and went to the forums, where those that claim to be in Christ congregate,
and so I heard the message.

Jesus died for us.
We are saved by grace.
One has to have faith.
Believe the word of the cross.
The law of God ended, was abolished, is old, a shadow, impossible to keep, a curse, and some even say, death.

All in clear contradiction to what God's word says, and what Jesus said.
At least, as far as I could see.
And when it came to helping me understand the things Jesus spoke,
I got very few straight answers.
And plenty of accusation, telling me I didn't have faith, can't be saved, even of the devil,
just for inquiring.

Something was not right.
How can they be so sure of their faith?
when they don't even know, can't answer simple questions about, God's words.
And have to resort to accusing me, just for asking questions, and pointing out what the Lord said.
Which only made me inquire, and pray, even more.
And learn the law.

And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life:
that he may learn to fear the Lord his God,
to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deuteronomy 17:19

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
but his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in His law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 1:1-2

The Son of man came for me.

He is the Lord of the sabbath day too.

The Holy Spirit worked in the Son of man, Jesus just as he works in all sons of God.. born again believers.

The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the sabbath.

Was this your very first perspective, when you converted and came to Jesus,
or did you arrive at that over time?
The fact that Jesus laid down His life for me, that my sins might be forgiven, is grace. No one deserves that He would do that for them. My understanding of grace and its beauty and the glorious merciful love of God in it, has grown over time.
Because we are debtors to keep the whole of the law, there is no explaining why not keep some of them.
I do not judge which of God's words are not important.
That would be some kind of witchcraft, to me.
You do not keep the whole law, and you keep none of it ACCORDING to how the Law says to do it. You make up your own way of keeping it and your own way of what it is and means. Therefore, you consider none of His words are important. It is your own idea of them that is important to you. You consider that what you say is also what God says.

Do you not realize that if you put yourself under the law for its blessings, you also will meet its curses head on when you disobey? And you have no recourse to having sinned, for gone are the animal sacrifices, which you wouldn't do anyway, and you reject the sacrifice of the One who redeems from the curse of the law.

The Holy Spirit worked in the Son of man, Jesus just as he works in all sons of God.. born again believers.
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost,
whom the Father will send in My name,
He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 14:26

The Holy Spirit is the Lord of the sabbath.
When I made the sabbath as commanded in the law,
then the Son of man came, and granted me the Holy Ghost.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.
Matthew 12:8

Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Mark 2:28

And He said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
Luke 6:5

The fact that Jesus laid down His life for me, that my sins might be forgiven, is grace. No one deserves that He would do that for them. My understanding of grace and its beauty and the glorious merciful love of God in it, has grown over time.
That's nice.
But you're saying, no, your perspective of scripture didn't change, just grew.

You do not keep the whole law, and you keep none of it ACCORDING to how the Law says to do it. You make up your own way of keeping it and your own way of what it is and means. Therefore, you consider none of His words are important. It is your own idea of them that is important to you. You consider that what you say is also what God says.
So you keep saying.
But how do you know when someone has fulfilled the law?

ACCORDING to the Lord, I endured unto the end.

And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end,
to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 2:26

Do you not realize that if you put yourself under the law for its blessings, you also will meet its curses head on when you disobey? And you have no recourse to having sinned, for gone are the animal sacrifices, which you wouldn't do anyway, and you reject the sacrifice of the One who redeems from the curse of the law.
Did you ever consider
that if one actually hearkens unto God, to do His commandments,
that God will bless that person?
And will teach that person how to keep His commandments.

And it shall come to pass,
if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God,
to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day,
that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day,
to observe and to do them:
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee,
if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 & 13

Don't be left behind.
Get on top of the law. 😇

But you're saying, no, your perspective of scripture didn't change, just grew.
I said my understanding of grace grew. Just as my understanding of scripture grew. Following the same created order of learning as we grow. I learned to walk, mastered that, then learned to run. Learned to talk, then learned to read etc. A Christian who doesn't grow in understanding of scripture, and have their perspectives on some things changed, is either neglecting the word or refuses to listen and learn.
But how do you know when someone has fulfilled the law?
I know that no one but Jesus has or ever will fulfill the law. "By the law no one is justified."
ACCORDING to the Lord, I endured unto the end.
Your end has not yet come and neither has the end of the age.
Did you ever consider
that if one actually hearkens unto God, to do His commandments,
that God will bless that person?
And will teach that person how to keep His commandments.

And it shall come to pass,
if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the Lord thy God,
to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day,
that the Lord thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day,
to observe and to do them:
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee,
if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God.

Deuteronomy 28:1-2 & 13
Again, you take for yourself what belongs to another. And do not take for yourself the other side of the coin. You take the covenant blessings given to Israel as your own, (Deut 28:1-13) ignore the command of verse 14 So shall you not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them. And say the blessings of Israel apply but the curses of Deut 28:15-68. Surely your do not think that picking a few of the commandments, and those not the actual commandments but you're making a shambles of a metaphors out of them, means that you keep all the commandments that God gave to Israel.
Don't be left behind.
Get on top of the law.
No one is on top of the law. We are either under its obligations and penalties, as with any law, even the laws of Australia for you. Or in the case of the Sinai covenant law you are under by your own choice, or one has been delivered from the law being able to curse them or condemn them to death. Gal 3:13. Being delivered from this curse comes by grace through faith in who Jesus is and what He accomplished on that cross.

I said my understanding of grace grew. Just as my understanding of scripture grew. Following the same created order of learning as we grow. I learned to walk, mastered that, then learned to run. Learned to talk, then learned to read etc. A Christian who doesn't grow in understanding of scripture, and have their perspectives on some things changed, is either neglecting the word or refuses to listen and learn.
It would seem that some have no understanding what it means to grow in grace, the milk of the word .Some are to busy chewing on bullocks.

Back