• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Biblical proof that there is no angels

That's the trouble. The bible translators do what you are doing and make no distinction-- willy nilly using their own words, while the actual text specifies something else. That's how we end up with silliness like "God" "god" "God" "LORD" "Lord" and "lord."

Then go ahead with your personal translation: “In the beginning gods created the heavens and the earth.”

Unless you’re prepared to be laughed to scorn, don’t ask anyone who knows the Hebrew language what they think about it.

A note to our readers. Compare his translation with the Bible translation of your choosing.

Friend, you seem to have fixated on this point. You need to reexamine it. -And I get what you are saying-- it just isn't on point.
I don’t believe the God of Jesus created the flesh world in Question.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
— 2 Corinthians 4:4

Then go ahead with your personal translation: “In the beginning gods created the heavens and the earth.”

Unless you’re prepared to be laughed to scorn, don’t ask anyone who knows the Hebrew language what they think about it.

A note to our readers. Compare his translation with the Bible translation of your choosing.

Whether you realize it or not-- and apparently you don't.... but the text is the text and the way people interpret it is what you should question.

Don't question the text-- it's plural. If you tell me that it MUST have meant to be singular meaning because it's talking about the One God-- well it could have been. Moses could have used the singlular form there, but didn't. Moses could have said Yahweh there, but didn't. He used the plural form-- You can dismiss that, but you shouldn't.

Don't question the text-- question your understanding of it.

I don’t believe the God of Jesus created the flesh world in Question.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
— 2 Corinthians 4:4

You have to reconcile text--

Concerning Christ-- He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation
for all things in heaven and on earth were created in him—all things, whether visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions, whether principalities or powers—all things were created through him and for him.
He himself is before all things, and all things are held together in him.
He is the head of the body, the church, as well as the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he himself may become first in all things.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in eaven. the Son and through him to reconcile all things to himself by making peace through the blood of his cross—through him, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

You have to reconcile text--

Concerning Christ-- He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation
for all things in heaven and on earth were created in him—all things, whether visible or invisible, whether thrones or dominions, whether principalities or powers—all things were created through him and for him.
He himself is before all things, and all things are held together in him.
He is the head of the body, the church, as well as the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he himself may become first in all things.
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in eaven. the Son and through him to reconcile all things to himself by making peace through the blood of his cross—through him, whether things on earth or things in heaven.
This all seems pretty self explanatory to me. The man Jesus was born in the first century, I conclude that is when the creation of his God began.

Angels are the “sons of God” mentioned in Job 38:7, rejoicing after Earth was created.

Job 1 also mentioned “sons of God”, among whom Satan entered, to take his ‘station’ before Jehovah.

Angels are also mentioned in 2 Peter 2:4 as ‘sinning’ (as all of God’s intelligent creatures can do through exercise of Free Will), a reference to Genesis 6:1-4.
Their influence on men in the pre-Flood world explains why the Flood had to be a global event.

Jude makes the same reference in Jude 6, explaining that they “forsook their proper dwelling place” ( the Heavens) when they came to Earth.

Jesus expelled a lot of them from the Jews. It seems, as God’s favored people of the time, the Jews were targeted for attack… that too would make sense.

For context-- this thread was initiated by an OP who was making a rather simple point-- that "angels" as in physical beings with wings don't exist, rather that there are spiritual messengers- or malak that we should consider versus the image of cherub dough-boys with harps.

Angel is a Greek goddess, and the correct English translation of the Hebrew word malak is messenger. God and the people did not violate the command to not make an image of things on Earth or Heaven, because people with wings do not exist.

Whether you realize it or not-- and apparently you don't.... but the text is the text and the way people interpret it is what you should question.

I have questioned your interpretation of the text. It’s based on a lack of knowledge about the Hebrew language.

Don't question the text-- it's plural

The text is singular. Again, as every translation confirms.

If you tell me that it MUST have meant to be singular meaning because it's talking about the One God-- well it could have been.

It does mean singular because Moses is talking about the one God.

Moses could have used the singlular form there, but didn't.

You still haven’t grasped how the Hebrew word functions. All languages have words that function in this same manner. A Hebrew linguist would set you straight on this in less than 60 seconds.

Moses could have said Yahweh there, but didn't. He used the plural form-- You can dismiss that, but you shouldn't.

The one God is Yahweh. When Moses speaks about the God (not gods!) of Israel, he’s in a bar where everyone knows his name.

Don't question the text-- question your understanding of it.

I questioned your understanding of the text and rejected it.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” That is what Moses wrote in Hebrew.

“In the beginning gods created the heavens and the earth.” That is not what Moses wrote in Hebrew.

Dr. Cargill makes my point in regard to the Hebrew word elohim in the link.

Back