• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Will You Die in Your Sins?

Notice that it says, "His Righteousness". Man does not have a righteousness that God will accept. God only accepts the righteousness of Jesus Christ. We are accepted only in him and because of him. The reason that God does not accept our righteousness is because, "There is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:10, 23.
Moses describes the righteousness of the law,
for those who choose to live by it.

For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright.
Psalm 11:7

He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Psalm 33:5

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness:
therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalm 45:7

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

1 Peter 3:12

❤️

Moses describes the righteousness of the law,
for those who choose to live by it.

For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness; His countenance doth behold the upright.
Psalm 11:7

He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
Psalm 33:5

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness:
therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Psalm 45:7

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

1 Peter 3:12

❤️
There are two different kinds of righteousness. The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God. God does not accept the righteousness of man because all men are sinners born after Adam, Romans 5:12. also Romans 3:10. God only accepts the righteousness of Christ. We are accepted only in him and because of him.

There are two different kinds of righteousness. The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God. God does not accept the righteousness of man because all men are sinners born after Adam, Romans 5:12. also Romans 3:10. God only accepts the righteousness of Christ. We are accepted only in him and because of him.
He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward;
and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple,
verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward

Matthew 10:41-42

He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward;
and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.
And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple,
verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward

Matthew 10:41-42
What are you going to say when Paul says, "There is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:10, 23.

Matthew 10:41-42 Is about accepting a Christian even if you are not a Christian. Many people do good works that are not Christians, but they could be.

What are you going to say when Paul says, "There is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:10, 23.
I would say, it is time to repent.

Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida!
for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon,
they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you,
It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.

Matthew 11:20-22

Matthew 10:41-42 Is about accepting a Christian even if you are not a Christian. Many people do good works that are not Christians, but they could be.
Is that Christian you accept a prophet, or is he a righteous man?

For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ;
and shall deceive many.
Matthew 24:4

I would say, it is time to repent.

Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida!
for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon,
they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
But I say unto you,

It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
Matthew 11:20-22

Is that Christian you accept a prophet, or is he a righteous man?

For many shall come in My name, saying, I am Christ;
and shall deceive many.
Matthew 24:4
So, you believe that repentance cancels out sin? Catholics believe that they can sin and then confess it to the priest and that makes them okay. Adam only sinned one time and was expelled from the Garden of Eden. If you sin just once, you are a sinner. Once a sinner, always a sinner. King Daid said, "Behold, Iwas Shappen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.

So, you believe that repentance cancels out sin?
No.
Repentence is to bring us before the Lord.
Then He washes us from our sin with His blood.

Catholics believe that they can sin and then confess it to the priest and that makes them okay. Adam only sinned one time and was expelled from the Garden of Eden. If you sin just once, you are a sinner. Once a sinner, always a sinner. King Daid said, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" Psalm 51:5.

Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts:
and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.

Psalm 51:6-13

No.
Repentence is to bring us before the Lord.
Then He washes us from our sin with His blood.

Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts:
and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation; and uphold me with Thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.

Psalm 51:6-13
You believe that the Bible is full of contradictions and errors.

You can't help but believe that, because you mix Old Covenant law and religion with New Covenant Gospel and faith.

You believe that the Bible is full of contradictions and errors.
Apparent paradoxes only.
Once we have received His blood, His meanings for His words, then it all makes good sense.

You can't help but believe that, because you mix Old Covenant law and religion with New Covenant Gospel and faith.
So you didn't see any contradiction or error,
but you believe most of the Bible has to be abolished anyway?

That our God said "Thou shalt not kill", and then commanded Israel to slaughter the Canaanite tribes,
was not worth examining, to you?

That our God at one time commanded animal sacrifices, and after that condoned the murder of His own Son.
That didn't disturb you at all?

Apparent paradoxes only.
Once we have received His blood, His meanings for His words, then it all makes good sense.

So you didn't see any contradiction or error,
but you believe most of the Bible has to be abolished anyway?

That our God said "Thou shalt not kill", and then commanded Israel to slaughter the Canaanite tribes,
was not worth examining, to you?

That our God at one time commanded animal sacrifices, and after that condoned the murder of His own Son.
That didn't disturb you at all?
The death of Jesus on the cross changed everything, Matthew 27:51. The Old Covenant of law and religion was abolished, Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Under the New Covenant the just no longer live by rules, laws or religion, the just live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

You are on the wrong bus, going in the wrong direction.

All that God did with Israel pointed to Jesus Christ who was the savior of the whole world.

The death of Jesus on the cross changed everything, Matthew 27:51. The Old Covenant of law and religion was abolished, Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. Under the New Covenant the just no longer live by rules, laws or religion, the just live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
So everything Jesus said became irrelevant when He died on the cross?
And everything God said by His messengers did as well?

Hard for me to believe.
Especially as Paul was confirming to have faith in Jesus and in God's word.

You are on the wrong bus, going in the wrong direction.
Yep, I'm on the narrow way,
going the opposite way to the majority on the broadway.

I reject not the cornerstone.
I forsake not the Levite that is within my gates.

Therefore thus saith the Lord God,
Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation:
he that believeth shall not make haste.

Isaiah 28:16

All that God did with Israel pointed to Jesus Christ who was the savior of the whole world.
I look around, and see that the whole world isn't saved.

In fact, everyone rejects His words and His law,
since that is what the current generation of the children of God now teach.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,
he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach them,
the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:19

And everything God said by His messengers did as well?

Hard for me to believe.
Especially as Paul was confirming to have faith in Jesus and in God's word.

Yep, I'm on the narrow way,
going the opposite way to the majority on the broadway.

I reject not the cornerstone.
I forsake not the Levite that is within my gates.

Therefore thus saith the Lord God,
Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation:
he that believeth shall not make haste.

Isaiah 28:16

I look around, and see that the whole world isn't saved.

In fact, everyone rejects His words and His law,
since that is what the current generation of the children of God now teach.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so,
he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:
but whosoever shall do and teach them,
the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:19

Comingfrom. Thankyou for mentioning it.
His atoning sacrifice can never be born by any of us: not one of us. No not one.
The 'Levite within' is a curious statement. Is it okay if I ask you to elaborate?

Back