• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Will You Die in Your Sins?

Jesus came not to call the righteous, but the liars to repentance.

The scriptures clearly reveal that liars are of the devil [1 John 3:8] It is written Jesus even said that they were their father the devil and the lusts of their father would they do, for the devil abode not in the truth from the beginning because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. [John 8:44].

Case in point, you claim that God does not accept the righteousness of man because "There is none righteous, no, not one." Paul wrote "it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" in Romans 3:10 so other than in that verse where do you find that it is written where God said there is none righteous, no, not one? Of course you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am, but just because one has the liberty to express their opinion it doesn't entitle them to use it for a cloak for maliciousness.

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
Matt 15:17-20

So while on the subject what was your reward for seeking God? It is written for he who comes to God must believe he is and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him so I was wondering when you began your diligent search for him did you hear him ask you how you were going to an invisible being who is not of this world?
There are two kinds of righteousness. The righteousness of man and the righteousness of God. All that are born after Adam have the righteousness of man. The only one that possess the righteousness of God was Jesus Christ. "In him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

I didn't search for the Lord. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of my need for Jesus Christ over 50 years ago. What was my reward? My reward was salvation and peace with God. Since my conversion I have not been the same since then. The Christian life is the highest and best life that one can live.

We don't need to be saved from the law. We need to be saved from our sins and our nature to sin. "for by the law is the knowledge of sin." The law is a teacher. It teaches us that we are sinners and that we can't keep it, therefore it cannot save us. I think you still see the law the same way the Pharisees did. It's letter only and none of the character of God that we are to reflect as His image bearers.
Yes, we do need to be saved from the law. "For as many as are under the works of the law are under the curse" Galatians 3:10. The law is not the Christians teacher. The law is the condemner. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher, John 16:13. Not the law. The law is the nature and character of God. His image is not reflected in the law, his image is reflected in his just righteous nature.

Yes, we do need to be saved from the law. "For as many as are under the works of the law are under the curse" Galatians 3:10. The law is not the Christians teacher. The law is the condemner. The Holy Spirit is the Christians teacher, John 16:13. Not the law. The law is the nature and character of God. His image is not reflected in the law, his image is reflected in his just righteous nature.
You need to learn the different applications of law as used in the NT, (just as you do world). Sometimes, as in Gal 3:10 it is referring to the covenant law given to Israel through Moses. Sometimes it refers to the law of God that emanates from His character and relates to those laws of God, kindness, goodness, mercy etc. pertaining to how a son of God should conduct His life. When it refers to the Mosaic law, under the old covenant, a legal contract, they were to keep it perfectly to the letter, without neglecting the love and justice of God (His character and attributes) that are also contained within (come out of) His character. Luke 11:42. This is what Paul is referring to in Galatians. This law provided for blessing and cursing two sides. Deut 11. Breaking one part of it was breaking all of it, and put them under the curse. The Mosaic covenant law is not for Christians for Jesus did the work of keeping it perfectly, the letter and the spirit of it. The spirit of that law is still in full force for it is very God Himself. Breaking it does not condemn the Christian, but if the convicting of the Holy Spirit of sin is ignored, it will bring correction and chastisement. Heb 12:6

We were created in His image and likeness. That means we are to bear witness of Him in all we do and say and think. To be obedient to HIM. God did not establish the Mosaic law as a series of arbitrary do's and don'ts. He could only establish a law that bore the handprint of WHO HE IS. Therefore it teaches us of Him and of our hopeless desperation, unless He intervenes of our behalf. Which He did, in Jesus.

What you have fallen in love with is the law. The law is not your savior, the law is your condemner. You need to call on Christ to save you from the law, Romans 10:13. "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.
That is no reason to hate God's law. Is it?
But you don't want to know your sin.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:22

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in His law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 1:1-2

You need to learn the different applications of law as used in the NT, (just as you do world). Sometimes, as in Gal 3:10 it is referring to the covenant law given to Israel through Moses. Sometimes it refers to the law of God that emanates from His character and relates to those laws of God, kindness, goodness, mercy etc. pertaining to how a son of God should conduct His life. When it refers to the Mosaic law, under the old covenant, a legal contract, they were to keep it perfectly to the letter, without neglecting the love and justice of God (His character and attributes) that are also contained within (come out of) His character. Luke 11:42. This is what Paul is referring to in Galatians. This law provided for blessing and cursing two sides. Deut 11. Breaking one part of it was breaking all of it, and put them under the curse. The Mosaic covenant law is not for Christians for Jesus did the work of keeping it perfectly, the letter and the spirit of it. The spirit of that law is still in full force for it is very God Himself. Breaking it does not condemn the Christian, but if the convicting of the Holy Spirit of sin is ignored, it will bring correction and chastisement. Heb 12:6

We were created in His image and likeness. That means we are to bear witness of Him in all we do and say and think. To be obedient to HIM. God did not establish the Mosaic law as a series of arbitrary do's and don'ts. He could only establish a law that bore the handprint of WHO HE IS. Therefore it teaches us of Him and of our hopeless desperation, unless He intervenes of our behalf. Which He did, in Jesus.
What is the law? The law is anything that tells us to do something or not to do something. There is no kindness, goodness, mercy in the law. What there is, is judgment and condemnation. Show me a scripture that says there is kindness, goodness and mercy in the law? Christians are not led by laws, rules or religion. They are led by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. If you are led by the law, it is because you are a Pharisee.

Adam was created in the image and the likeness of God, but when he sinned all of that changed. Obedients to God comes from our love for him, not from the law. You may be under the law and subject to it, but I am not.

That is no reason to hate God's law. Is it?
But you don't want to know your sin.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:22

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in His law doth he meditate day and night.

Psalm 1:1-2
Psalm 1:1-2 was written under the Old Covenant that has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. This scripture actually points to Jesus who was the epitome of God's law. Jesus is the blessed man.

What is the law? The law is anything that tells us to do something or not to do something. There is no kindness, goodness, mercy in the law. What there is, is judgment and condemnation. Show me a scripture that says there is kindness, goodness and mercy in the law? Christians are not led by laws, rules or religion. They are led by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13. If you are led by the law, it is because you are a Pharisee.

Adam was created in the image and the likeness of God, but when he sinned all of that changed. Obedients to God comes from our love for him, not from the law. You may be under the law and subject to it, but I am not.
It is incredibly frustrating and mind boggling when someone goes to great lengths to explain something to someone, because they obviously need it explained, only to have them come back not having learned a darn thing.

Does God tell us to be good and kind in our dealings with others? Does He tell us to be merciful because He is merciful? Is it sin then to be unkind, evil and show no mercy? That then is a law of God and it is required of us. What goes up, must it come down? That is a law of God. Does the sun makes its faithful "rising" and "setting", the planets and stars stay in their place, the season faithfully move one to the next? Laws of God. Worship and obey Him? Law of God. Even the Mosaic covenant law is full of His mercy and goodness and kindness, for it makes a way of temporary covering for sins, and teaches us about caring for the land and establishes His creative law of creation concerning marriage and family, teaches how to treat animals and one another. It deals with justice concerning crimes and restitution.

The Holy Spirit should not be taken for granted to say that whatever you do is right because you do it and He leads you. He will always be pointing us to the word and Jesus. He leads us and teaches us FROM His word. "Sanctify them by your word. Your word is truth." John 17. And everything He tells us to do, is His law. The only way in which we are out from under the law of God is that it no longer has the power to condemn us or separate us from Jesus. And the covenant stipulations of cleansings, and sacrifices, and festivals, the old priesthood, are done away with because the new has come.

Keeping the moral law as some call it because it deals with our behaviors and how we present ourselves to the world as children of God the imperatives given in the NT, does not save us. Jesus saves us by His work and through our faith in His work and Him. If we think we do not have not keep the commandments we show ourselves to have no genuine faith in Him.

Psalm 1:1-2 was written under the Old Covenant that has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. This scripture actually points to Jesus who was the epitome of God's law. Jesus is the blessed man.
Was written in my mind and in my heart,
when Jesus came and made His covenant with me.

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now in Christ Jesus
ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-13

Was written in my mind and in my heart,
when Jesus came and made His covenant with me.

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now in Christ Jesus
ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:11-13
Circumcision and uncircumcision count for nothing under the New Covenant.

Circumcision and uncircumcision count for nothing under the New Covenant.
That is right.
But what does count?

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,
but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 7:19

That is right.
But what does count?

Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing,
but the keeping of the commandments of God.

1 Corinthians 7:19
The two chief commandments: on which all pins :) :

"34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22: 34-40, KJV).

If we see this from the Christological revelation of Christ, we are off to a good start.

The two chief commandments: on which all pins :) :

"34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22: 34-40, KJV).

If we see this from the Christological revelation of Christ, we are off to a good start.
There was a couple problems with this, when I was turning me to Jesus.
1. I didn't know God, so I didn't know if I could love Him.
2. I didn't love myself, let alone my neighbour.

I had to start with the things that Jesus said that I could do.

Fast, walk, watch, and pray.
That is how I started.
❤️

Back