• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why does God give over people to a reprobate mind?

Every body has an opinion and every one needs to convinced in their own mind.

Romans 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

God doesn't look at anyone here as better than the other, God even sends rain on the unjust.

Matthew 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Every body has an opinion and every one needs to convinced in their own mind.

Romans 14:5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

God doesn't look at anyone here as better than the other, God even sends rain on the unjust.

Matthew 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

as long as our "opinions" are firmly based on the Holy Bible, and not any "theological system"

as long as our "opinions" are firmly based on the Holy Bible, and not any "theological system"

Facts of the bible are useful indeed. The Spirit guiding is profitable. Freedom in Christ, is needed.

read the whole context, before Paul says, "for this reason". the answer is right there in the passage!
Romans 1: They knew the truth of the divinity and eternal power of GOD but reject it for love of the lie and sin...

When did they learn this truth? Isaiah say we learned it from the beginning which he then defines as at the foundation of the earth;
isaiah 40:9 HERE IS YOUR GOD!
Isaiah 40:21 Do you not know? HAVE YOU NOT HEARD? HAS IT NOT BEEN TOLD YOU FROM THE BEGINNING? Have you not understood SINCE THE EARTH WAS FOUNDED?
referring to the majesty of GOD above all idols, verses 18-20...surely this must refer to everyone seeing the proof of HIS divinity and eternal power (so they are without excuse) by the creation of the physical universe, Romans 1:18-20 with Job 38:7.

Predestination to salvation is a "reformed" heresy!
Ummm, not if predestination is NOT causative but is predictive of HIS response to our free will decision to put our faith in HIM. That is, IF you put your faith in me as your creator GOD and Saviour, I will predestine you to salvation and eternal heaven. Who can fault that? After we sinned then this become, because of your faith I have predestined you to eternal heaven...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, not if predestination is NOT causative but is predictive of HIS response to our free will decision to put our faith in HIM. That is, IF you put your faith in me as your creator GOD and Saviour, I will predestine you to salvation and eternal heaven. Who can fault that? After we sinned then this become, because of your faith I have predestined you to eternal heaven...

I did say predestination as taught by the reformed, which is, that God saves only the elect.

Some people get upset that I believe Jesus Christ has returned, and has defeated and taken care of Sin, death, Satan and his Angels, and even done away with Hell.
Thanks for sharing this. I did not notice you believe these things. Depending on what is meant by 'taken care of' 'returned' I too believe these things, that is, they were taken care of in HIS election promise to us and in fulfillment of the promise of election by our sanctification in pure righteous holiness, Heb 12:5-11, that allows the heavenly marriage to start: Matt 13:28 So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’[to bring the judgement upon them?] 29 ‘NO!’ he said, [postpone the judgement because...] ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. The time of the harvest is the time of the maturity of the wheat and the only maturity that saves a sinner from the judgment is a mature holiness!

Depends on what one believes about topics on Predestination, and Elect.

When it comes to predestination, and elect, I believe their was a selective group of people who would be the first-fruits as the bride of Christ, which Jesus himself promised to come back and get before the wrath of God had fallen out on the nation of Israel for having killed the Son of God.

For an example is how the writer Apostle Peter, when he wrote :

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

That is who were the first-fruits of the bride of Christ - not to say that more fruits would come after, but the first, to experience resurrection, along with the judgments that came out in Revelation and all that was wrapped up in that generation and leaves for Revelation 21-22, to see pictures and types of what the afterlife may have with-in it, either outside or inside the Kingdom.

I did say predestination as taught by the reformed, which is, that God saves only the elect.
Am I mistaken in thinking that they believe HIS predestination causes the salvation of the elect rather than the free will choice they made to put their faith in HIM as saviour caused their election? Predestination to salvation is just another way to say promised to end in heaven conformed to the Son as it predicts where we will end due to HIS promise, but was not the cause of that promise nor that end.

Am I mistaken in thinking that they believe HIS predestination causes the salvation of the elect rather than the free will choice they made to put their faith in HIM as saviour caused their election? Predestination to salvation is just another way to say promised to end in heaven conformed to the Son as it predicts where we will end due to HIS promise, but was not the cause of that promise nor that end.

God has chosen from eternity past, those He will save, and has predestined them to salvation. These are the "elect", who do not have a "free will", but their destiny has been determined by God, even before the Creation of the world. The others, "non elect", God simply passes by, and these have no hope of ever being saved, and are eternally damned to punishment. All of this in the name of the great Love of God for the human race!

Thanks for sharing this. I did not notice you believe these things. Depending on what is meant by 'taken care of' 'returned' I too believe these things, that is, they were taken care of in HIS election promise to us and in fulfillment of the promise of election by our sanctification in pure righteous holiness, Heb 12:5-11, that allows the heavenly marriage to start: Matt 13:28 So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’[to bring the judgement upon them?] 29 ‘NO!’ he said, [postpone the judgement because...] ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. The time of the harvest is the time of the maturity of the wheat and the only maturity that saves a sinner from the judgment is a mature holiness!

Thank you for sharing, I do not disagree that the point of being a Christian is to live a life that is for God, and not for oneself. God is pleased by those who walk by faith, and walk in the spirit.

Back