• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Wages of Sin is death.

My mothers mom ended up killing her self. Did she have faith? I have no idea but if the new heavenly Jerusalem is what am expecting even if people are out in the darkness maybe us of the light can go help them out there… at least we won’t be floating around on clouds and playing harps. Just my two cents.

I would suggest that Matthew 5:1-12 is about the spiritual maturity of a Christian myself @shroom. You can believe what you desire about that though
Jesus Christ never addressed a Christian during his earthly ministry.

Matt 5:
3)Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4)Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5)Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6)Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7)Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8)Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9)Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10)Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11)Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12)Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Those verses are all about the kingdom. Those that mourn will be comforted. The meek will inherit the earth. Etc, etc.

All those things will quite literally come to pass when the kingdom gets here.

I would suggest that Matthew 5:1-12 is about the spiritual maturity of a Christian myself @shroom. You can believe what you desire about that though
While I do not really disagree, Jesus (the author) is speaking to the Jewish people prior to His death in all the synoptic gospels and informing them what the times will be like just prior to the second coming of Christ, where a remnant will be chosen of those who are fleeing the Abomination of Desolate beginning the second half of Daniel's 70th week.

Pray you have a blessed evening ,,,my friend.....

Blade

I'm doing good, just dealing with a bruised or cracked rib. Thank you for being here brother.
Oh dear brother that is not good! What happened ? Did you fall off a horse ? No pun intended but definitely please be careful. Can you get doctor to look at it?

My mothers mom ended up killing her self. Did she have faith? I have no idea but if the new heavenly Jerusalem is what am expecting even if people are out in the darkness maybe us of the light can go help them out there… at least we won’t be floating around on clouds and playing harps. Just my two cents.
If your mom's mother was saved, she will be in New Jerusalem.

You're right about not sitting on a cloud playing a harp forever. That would get boring after a couple of millennia, don't you think?

Oh dear brother that is not good! What happened ? Did you fall off a horse ? No pun intended but definitely please be careful. Can you get doctor to look at it?
I'll be OK and yes I fell down in the house, not a horse of course of course. I think you'll find that if you ever crack a rib there's nothing a doctor can do for you. They would take X-Rays and confirm that I fell and cracked it, lol.

I'll be OK and yes I fell down in the house, not a horse of course of course. I think you'll find that if you ever crack a rib there's nothing a doctor can do for you. They would take X-Rays and confirm that I fell and cracked it, lol.
Don't lol... That makes it hurt. :)

Blade, I thought I read where the New Jerusalem descends from above towards the earth, or is that after the new heaven and new earth?
Yes, it is after the New Earth and Heaven (1st Heaven). NO seas just land......It does not say much about what will happen to the people of the millennium after this. Is suspect, the Apostles in the New Jerusalem will rule Israel, the Jewish people will work the land as that is what they really want to do and the other nations that were present in the millennium will also still be on the earth....Rem. the Saints are redeemed to heaven and have bodies like Jesus, thus we will enjoy all that goes with that...Yet, those on earth appear to still be mortal, though with the laws of GOD instilled within them. The Tree of Life is in the middle of Jerusalem during the millennium, why if not for those who are on earth as mortals...This would extend their lives for the 1000 years....for it only appears that some gentile who do not make the right decision at one hundred years will be killed...Also, when Satan is let out at the end of the 1000 years, GOD and MaGOG shows up again (rebellers gainst God)....So I think the Tree of Life will sustain all those on earth for an eternity.....

oops. got me started didn't you.

Blessing my brother

Blade

Do you have any thoughts on this verse from Romans 6:23?

Romans 6:23​

King James Version​

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Can sin lead to an early death of our body or is this talking about a death that is spiritual?

Is it possible for people to cause death to the spirit of Christ with-in them?
The verse is self-explanatory really if it is seen in the light of other verses. It's all about what the word 'death' means in context. Sometimes it is physical, sometimes it's not.

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Eze 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

The death spoken of is the gaining of the knowledge of 'good and evil' but not find within one's natural self the ability to 'choose the good'.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

The verse above tells why Adam and Eve were banished from the garden: "lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:"
Why?

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

If one knows why Jesus came to us after having reconciled us to God by his death, it should be self evident.

Back