• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Wages of Sin is death.

It’s impossible to please God without faith and if you lose faith even forfeiting from persecution and backing down of having faith you can completely lose salvation. Once you give up on the relationship. So once saved always saved is a lie.

But even as a Christian believe you can without giving up faith make a choice to react in your flesh or react by the spirit of Christ. If you react in your flesh to whatever it is going on you risk quenching the spirit which becomes less and you become poor in spirit again.

It’s good to read Matthew 5:1-12 of a refresher course of the beautides

I agree to some degree......The Jewish people will live on earth.
So will we. We'll be coming back to earth with Jesus Christ at the end of the trib.
They do not really care about heaven but are attached to the earth (The new earth). There they will live along with all the nations that are still alive at the end of the millennium.
We'll be here too.
The true Believers (His Body, the Church), the Old testament Saints, the tribulation Saints, The 144,000 Saints and the two witnesses will all live in heaven and presumably (we are not told) serve the Lord on earth in various capacities for an eternity. The New Jerusalem will also be the new temple that everyone can visit....

p.s. It does not say the New Jerusalem ever comes down to the earth... How God does all of this, again we are not told but it will be interesting to watch Him do it.

Blade
New Jerusalem comes down, Blade...

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

It's going to be different, that's for sure. God will live WITH us, there will be no sun or moon, etc.

As you said in the previous post, one cannot lose salvation once one has it. It stands for reason that at this time, one cannot quench the spirit.....Keep in mind who Paul, Peter and the other were talking to..The were baby Christians many of whom had fallen (were not justified) This is who He is speaking to in 1 Thessalonians. They had problems in this church because of a fake letter. He was trying to shore them up not to take temptations for others (Judiazers outside the church), their doubts, their rejections of Him, etc...... This was what I was referring to.......

If you are saved (justified), God within you will not let you slide away nor wil He let you Quench the Spirit.

Blade
Quenching the spirit does not mean losing salvation. We can certainly quench the spirit in our lives if we so choose. Stop reading the Bible, stop fellowshipping with like-minded believers, etc, etc. We will not lose salvation, but we would not be living very godly lives.

But I also believe you can reject the Holy Spirit if you choose to do so, you can forfeit salvation, which would be a choice to no longer continue to have faith. Jesus Christ himself speaks about how people hear the word receive it with joy but when persecution arises they fall away and die in their faith or the deceit of riches or worries of the world choke out the word. Jesus speaks in Mark 4. So I believe once saved always saved is wrong.
Christians are BORN AGAIN. We are new creations. We are sons of God.

You can't become an un-son.

You give up on faith though if you choose to ; so no use in denying that. Though most people who really enjoy having God in their lives would be hard pressed to ever give up faith. Though some people do; especially if they some type of persecution comes up in their life or they lose a loved one and are in weak in faith with no encouragement or anything and they decided to just give up faith all together… it’s a real thing but they can rekindle it by having faith again… before the end of their life.

I would suggest that Matthew 5:1-12 is about the spiritual maturity of a Christian myself @shroom. You can believe what you desire about that though

So will we. We'll be coming back to earth with Jesus Christ at the end of the trib.

We'll be here too.

New Jerusalem comes down, Blade...

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

It's going to be different, that's for sure. God will live WITH us, there will be no sun or moon, etc.
Ah my friend, we will just have to disagree on the coming down vs coming to earth. Yes, while the New Jerusalem will not be the Bride, she will be as beautiful as a Bride on her wedding day. A sight to see.

Blade

I agree to some degree......The Jewish people will live on earth. They do not really care about heaven but are attached to the earth (The new earth). There they will live along with all the nations that are still alive at the end of the millennium. The true Believers (His Body, the Church), the Old testament Saints, the tribulation Saints, The 144,000 Saints and the two witnesses will all live in heaven and presumably (we are not told) serve the Lord on earth in various capacities for an eternity. The New Jerusalem will also be the new temple that everyone can visit....

p.s. It does not say the New Jerusalem ever comes down to the earth... How God does all of this, again we are not told but it will be interesting to watch Him do it.

Blade
Blade, I thought I read where the New Jerusalem descends from above towards the earth, or is that after the new heaven and new earth?

Back