• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"Try The Spirits Whether They Are Of God" 1 John 4:1.

According to the Canons of Dort you don't have a choice. This means that salvation is imposed upon you. You don't have a say about it.
That is what it means to you. We see it as the Bible states it. A gift. Even if it was imposed, which it isn't, why would anyone hate over that? Why would they still not be grateful?

That is what it means to you. We see it as the Bible states it. A gift. Even if it was imposed, which it isn't, why would anyone hate over that? Why would they still not be grateful?
The gift of God is what Jesus has done for us. Salvation was not imposed upon me. I, by my own free will accepted Christ as my savior. Calvinism is not of the faith. We hear the Gospel, we believe the Gospel and we are born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.

The gift of God is what Jesus has done for us. Salvation was not imposed upon me. I, by my own free will accepted Christ as my savior. Calvinism is not of the faith. We hear the Gospel, we believe the Gospel and we are born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.
The Bible says that the faith to believe when we hear the gospel is a gift. Calvinism teaches everything that is necessary for that faith to rest in. The person and work of Jesus. If a person wants to believe that they did this choosing all on their own----fine. If they want to believe salvation is completely of God from beginning to end including the new birth and the faith to believe---fine.

I cannot find anything in the Calvinist religion that is of God. The Bible plainly teaches that we are saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus, plus nothing but faith and faith comes by hearing and believing the Gospel Romans 10:17.
back up a verse or two, chapter or two and you will find GOD provides the gifts of salvation, faith and predestination.... If you are saying it is not there, then you are ignoring and teaching wrongly.

Blade

back up a verse or two, chapter or two and you will find GOD provides the gifts of salvation, faith and predestination.... If you are saying it is not there, then you are ignoring and teaching wrongly.

Blade
Calvinism is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. Jesus justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles them (us) and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No predestination needed.

Calvinism is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. Jesus justifies the ungodly Romans 4:5 and reconciles them (us) and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. No predestination needed.
John Calvin on Ez 18:17. "He who is born of God is just, as John says (1 John:18). Thus faith can be no more separated form works than the sun from his heat: yet faith justifies without works, because works form no reason for our justification: but faith alone reconciles us to God, and causes Him to love us, not in ourselves but in His only begotten Son."

John Calvin "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

John Calvin. "The only option is to come as poor beggars, that we may be justified by faith. Not as if faith were a virtue proceeding from us, but we must come humbly, confessing that we cannot obtain salvation except as a free gift."

Etc.

so you thin everyone will be saved? think again, the Bible tells you in no uncertain terms that most (the wide Road) will spend eternity away from GOD. Not good.

Blade

so you thin everyone will be saved? think again, the Bible tells you in no uncertain terms that most (the wide Road) will spend eternity away from GOD. Not good.

Blade
Why do you keep erroneously thinking that people who believe in free will think everyone will be saved?

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus Christ DID die for everyone. Anyone who wants to can believe the Gospel and become saved.

Unfortunately, many don't.

Blade
It appears that you don't know what the Gospel is. This may be why you are a Calvinist.

The Gospel is the work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This is a past historical event, never to be repeated. "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. As far as God is concerned Jesus has ALREADY victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven as the "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. This is why Paul wrote, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10. No predestination needed.

Why do you keep erroneously thinking that people who believe in free will think everyone will be saved?

Because most of them do!

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Jesus Christ DID die for everyone. Anyone who wants to can believe the Gospel and become saved.

Unfortunately, many don't.
awh! we agree again! n nthe sky is falling

Blade

Because most of them do!
That's simply false, Blade.

awh! we agree again! n nthe sky is falling

Blade
So now you agree with this?

Back