• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"Try The Spirits Whether They Are Of God" 1 John 4:1.

Indeed. As Calvinist as any.

It doesn't make them irredeemable.
They don't need to be redeemed. They believe that they were chosen by God before the foundation of the world. No need for that bloody cross.

They don't need to be redeemed. They believe that they were chosen by God before the foundation of the world. No need for that bloody cross.
I am guessing from that remark that you do not know what actually happened at the cross. The redeemed are redeemed by Jesus because of what He did on the cross, that is what the faith of the Calvinist is in. If you need me to tell you what He did, I will. Without the cross there would be no redemption for anyone.

Have you noticed that all of the false religions have a book, even the Calvinist have the "Cannons of Dort".

All the denominations have some sort of written form that makes its oral traditions or private interpretations as heresies different than the heresies of others . In that way there must be differences amongst us. The differences only become judgable or questionable if they deny the fulness of Christ grace.

1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

The word heresy must be properly defined it lost its effectiveness by a hierarchy of men who compare themselves to themselves and not all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

A faith that is imposed, is not faith at all. God does not impose faith on anyone. We are not a bunch of dumb robots.

Power of faith (Christ’s)

The work of faith is the unseen power of God to create a religious belief when none was previously trusted before. The law of faith. . to the law and testimony of that belief. The law "Let there be” (the desire of the soul,) and the witness as testimony; (and it was good) .

Faith revealed by the testimony of two . To the law and testimony also to the law and the prophets, or one more used in the same way, to Moses and Elijah. The witness of God in so much what he says comes to sight . The greater than the witness of faithless man . The witness of one who was there working in the affairs of men .

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Again the let there be and it was good principle

1 John 5:9If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

In that way two represents one working together as one perfect or complete new loving law. One not seen (let there be) and the other the temporal seen .(It was good )

A distinction is made below (no mercy, no faith or called God's labor of Love . Faith without mercy ( the work) is dead. No grace as power.

Deuteronomy 32:20 And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation, children in whom is no faith

A fallen, dying creation natural man they have zero faith of Christ as the mercy of God .not little none.

Romans 11:31-33King James Versio Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

I am guessing from that remark that you do not know what actually happened at the cross. The redeemed are redeemed by Jesus because of what He did on the cross, that is what the faith of the Calvinist is in. If you need me to tell you what He did, I will. Without the cross there would be no redemption for anyone.

Yes without the promised three days and nights demonstration, the promise of faith, prophesied in the law (old testament) Without the out poring of the demonstration it would be dead.

Lately I have been looking at that propmised demonstration in three parts .and not just the cross , Three seem to denote the end of a matter .throughout the bible in various parables

But beginning with the garden demonstration as part 1 , moving to the cross and three ending with the tomb.

Actually the teaching, and it comes from the Bible, is that God gives it to us. Not that He imposes it upon us.
According to the Canons of Dort you don't have a choice. This means that salvation is imposed upon you. You don't have a say about it.

Hogwash, Calvinist are not really interested in what Jesus did on the cross. Their Gospel is that they have been predestinated.

According to the Canons of Dort you don't have a choice. This means that salvation is imposed upon you. You don't have a say about it.

Its His choice to have mercy and season it with grace. . . the reward of his labor of love or work of his faith .Yoked with him he makes our burden lighter and gives us a future hope beyond the grave..

In Hebrew 6 he promises us as the better thing that acompanies our salvation. . he will not forget the good works we can perform and offer empowered towards His name . It is God who does work in us both to reveal his will and again empower us to walk with him .

Job 23:8-16 Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him: On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him: But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him. Therefore am I troubled at his presence: when I consider, I am afraid of him. For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me:

Hogwash, Calvinist are not really interested in what Jesus did on the cross. Their Gospel is that they have been predestinated.
While Calvinism is not true, Calvinists are very interested in what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

It seems all you're interested in is promoting your anti-religion gospel. Everyone else is going to hell, right, Robert?

While Calvinism is not true, Calvinists are very interested in what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

It seems all you're interested in is promoting your anti-religion gospel. Everyone else is going to hell, right, Robert?
Your right. The Gospel is anti-religion. Yet multitudes like you, love their religion. If Calvinist were interested in what Jesus accomplished on the cross they would not be Calvinist.

Back