• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

This is a Debate about!

Very interesting, so if the "Word" is not Jesus Christ then we must continue further to see who exactly is the "Word"

You didn't answer verse 1 first alone, first mistake by not listening to John!!.

First if you have read the title above verse 1,then you start reading to see what means, the "Word" Becomes Human. Maybe your Bible doesn't have this title.

Verse 2 clearly says "HIM" so it must be another person next God.

Verse 3 without doubt indicate that this person or being was very close to God.

Now if you say it isn't Jesus Christ, then let we see what the other verses say. So keep going with your teaching. And remember that by your teaching the word, "word" is not Jesus Christ, that called Himself the son of man, and the Son of God.

Let me here the other three verses of your teaching. 4,5,6.
The word cannot become human its what did work in a human just as it does with us today .to both real and empower the powerless human . Not as I will but you father the one will with power

Very close to God. Close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades'. Christ in us . . .not Christ is us .

From now I cannot go deep into it, because we must compare scripture with scripture.

John 1:1-2 ...'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God.'

Those four words above, 'the Word was God' has convinced many Christians to believe that Jesus is the 'only true God' Himself. And yet they miss the simple meaning of what John was saying. Is this all John had to say about Christ? No. This part I lett it till we come to his time.

To begin with, the English translations of John 1:1 have a small but yet important word missing, which is in the original Greek. Let's add that word back in and see how it changes the verse ... "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with [THE] God, and the Word was God." ... So ("......") the "Word" was with THE God in the beginning. So the "Word" was with someone who is THE God. Who is that? Again, John records it for us. (When we go deeper in the other verses)
He was asking how you pronounce your screen name, "Pipiripi"

The word cannot become human its what did work in a human just as it does with us today .to both real and empower the powerless human . Not as I will but you father the one will with power

Very close to God. Close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades'. Christ in us . . .not Christ is us .
To make it shorter for you to see who or what is the "Word" let we go directly to John 1:14. Tell me now,if the "Word" don't become flesh and is Jesus Christ.

To make it shorter for you to see who or what is the "Word" let we go directly to John 1:14. Tell me now,if the "Word" don't become flesh and is Jesus Christ.
Thanks for the reply. The word does not become flesh it creates flesh

To make it really short God is not a man as us .and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter set between mankind seen and God not seen 9(daysman) We walk by the unseen eternal not that seen the corrupted temporal

My (addition) to make a point

Job 9: 32-33 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both. (Both God and man)

In John 1 it does not say the Word became flesh or the Word was made into flesh. But the spiritual word made as the things seen are used to help understand God not seen, by parables, using the temporal flesh as a shadow to represent the unseen glory of God according to the 20/20 prescription needed to rightly divide the parables below

2 Corinthians 4:17:18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; (no power) but the things which are not seen are eternal. (Power)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh,(let there be and it was good "the testimony of faith" ) and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No glorying in the flesh The glory of God today is invisible. It will be revealed as Light in the the new heavens and earth

The word was full of grace and truth And not full the corrupted flesh and blood .

Remember in John 6 Jesus said of his own flesh it profits for zero and that which can profit is the unseen eternal His word it is spirit and life giving (let there be and it was good) By that faith that works in us (Philippians 2:12 ) we can walk or understand .jesu would never glory in his dying powerless flesh.

It was because of the non believing orthodox Jewish elders in 1 Samael 8. They had became jealous in false pride of all the surrounding pagan nations according to there religious law . "Out of sight. . out of mind" God calls them fools . They having no faith demanded of Samuel to give them a King a hierarchy of venerable men that lord it over the understanding of the non venerable (human government) . God gave them over to do that which they should not of sought after to begin with . . . . up until the time of reformation (1st century Hebrew 9)

God revealed to the apostle Samuel in 1 Samuel 8 .Its not you they are rejecting as King but me as King from reining over them by faith the unseen eternal

Thanks for the reply. The word does not become flesh it creates flesh

To make it really short God is not a man as us .and neither is there any fleshly infallible interpreter set between mankind seen and God not seen 9(daysman) We walk by the unseen eternal not that seen the corrupted temporal

My (addition) to make a point

Job 9: 32-33 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both. (Both God and man)

In John 1 it does not say the Word became flesh or the Word was made into flesh. But the spiritual word made as the things seen are used to help understand God not seen, by parables, using the temporal flesh as a shadow to represent the unseen glory of God according to the 20/20 prescription needed to rightly divide the parables below

2 Corinthians 4:17:18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; (no power) but the things which are not seen are eternal. (Power)

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh,(let there be and it was good "the testimony of faith" ) and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No glorying in the flesh The glory of God today is invisible. It will be revealed as Light in the the new heavens and earth

The word was full of grace and truth And not full the corrupted flesh and blood .

Remember in John 6 Jesus said of his own flesh it profits for zero and that which can profit is the unseen eternal His word it is spirit and life giving (let there be and it was good) By that faith that works in us (Philippians 2:12 ) we can walk or understand .jesu would never glory in his dying powerless flesh.

It was because of the non believing orthodox Jewish elders in 1 Samael 8. They had became jealous in false pride of all the surrounding pagan nations according to there religious law . "Out of sight. . out of mind" God calls them fools . They having no faith demanded of Samuel to give them a King a hierarchy of venerable men that lord it over the understanding of the non venerable (human government) . God gave them over to do that which they should not of sought after to begin with . . . . up until the time of reformation (1st century Hebrew 9)

God revealed to the apostle Samuel in 1 Samuel 8 .Its not you they are rejecting as King but me as King from reining over them by faith the unseen eternal
My friend your problem of your teaching says that Jesus Christ is God the Father Himself.

Just by belief this strange doctrine. I will write for you how exactly your teaching are painting Jesus.

The Word was made flesh, that's why Jesus has born as a baby. To get a human body. And keep read further the rest of the verses and you will see who is the Word.

Because of plucking verses here and there, you can never get the true.
When I find how your teaching by thinking that Jesus Christ is God the Father Himself, I will write it for you.

"According to Irenaeus of Lyon (c 130–202) a student of John's disciple Polycarp (c pre-69-156), John the Apostle wrote these words specifically to refute the teachings of Cerinthus,[5] who both resided and taught at Ephesus, the city John settled in following his return from exile on Patmos.[6] Cerinthus believed that the world was created by a power far removed from and ignorant of the Father, and that the Christ descended upon the man Jesus at his baptism, and that strict adherence to the Mosaic Law was absolutely necessary for salvation. Irenaeus writes;"

The disciple of the Lord therefore desiring to put an end to all such doctrines, and to establish the rule of truth in the Church, that there is one Almighty God, who made all things by His Word, both visible and invisible; showing at the same time, that by the Word, through whom God made the creation, He also bestowed salvation on the men included in the creation; thus commenced His teaching in the Gospel: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was nothing made. What was made was life in Him, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not."[7]

Back