• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Lamb and the Scroll

S

Sissy

The Lamb and the Scroll
Revelation 5

Revelation 4 just got through describing the throne room (so to speak) of YHWH which will have a lot of the same symbolism in this chapter.
Revelation 5 starts in that same throne room.

Revelation 5 ESV
(1) Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
(2) And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”
(3) And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it,
(4) and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it.

No one in heaven or on earth or under the earth (that's pretty much all of creation) was worthy to open the scroll.
And that made John weep loudly.

Why would that make him weep?
Why would seeing that imagery of a scroll with 7 seals not being opened make him weep?
It seems to indicate that John already knew what was in the scrolls and knew they desperately needed to be opened.
How did he already know?
Is there something in the OT scriptures that imagery brought to his mind and made him weep?
Well anyway, he's real sad because no one in all of creation was worthy to open it.
Bummer.

But wait !!!! ......

Revelation 5 ESV
(5) And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

Whew!
Thank goodness for that!

But, but, but, ....... where did that lamb come from since no one in all of creation was worthy?
From outside of creation?
Hmmm.

A descendant of David, born in Bethlehem, Jesus of Nazareth.

where did that lamb come from since no one in all of creation was worthy?
John 1:14 And the word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.'"
18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,
who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the in of the world!"

The Lamb of God is the Son, of the phrase, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who came to us as Jesus, the Lamb of God.

The Lamb and the Scroll
Revelation 5

Revelation 4 just got through describing the throne room (so to speak) of YHWH which will have a lot of the same symbolism in this chapter.

Revelation 5 ESV
(1) Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
(2) And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?”
(3) And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it,
(4) and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it.

No one in heaven or on earth or under the earth (that's pretty much all of creation) was worthy to open the scroll.

Why would seeing that imagery of a scroll with 7 seals not being opened make him weep?
Hi Sissy....John knew the implications if no one was found to open the seals. all would be lost!

It seems to indicate that John already knew what was in the scrolls and knew they desperately needed to be opened.
How did he already know?
He did not....He is being shown a movie. When was the last time you watched a movie and it moved you to tears? By the way, this is not at all symbolic but a reality that will happen....
Is there something in the OT scriptures that imagery brought to his mind and made him weep?
Well anyway, he's real sad because no one in all of creation was worthy to open it.
Bummer.

But wait !!!! ......

Revelation 5 ESV
(5) And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”

Whew!
Thank goodness for that!

But, but, but, ....... where did that lamb come from since no one in all of creation was worthy?
Hmmm.
The Lamb was/is fully man and fully GOD from the seed of David which came from the seed of Boaz through a Leverite marriage with Ruth.

Blade

The Lamb and the Scroll
Revelation 5

Revelation 5 ESV

How did he already know?
Bummer.

But wait !!!! ......

Revelation 5 ESV

Whew!
Thank goodness for that!

Hmmm.
Yes, from outside of creation.

From the mouth of God, the Father- the Word, the Spirit, the Seed of God, breathed into flesh.

That’s where ‘the Lamb” came from.

Yes, from outside of creation.
I think you have the only response so far that recognized that the Lamb wasn't created.
But then that would leave the question of why the one sitting on throne had to wait for the Lamb to open it instead of opening it himself.

Hi Sissy....John knew the implications if no one was found to open the seals. all would be lost!

He did not....He is being shown a movie. When was the last time you watched a movie and it moved you to tears? By the way, this is not at all symbolic but a reality that will happen....

The Lamb was/is fully man and fully GOD from the seed of David which came from the seed of Boaz through a Leverite marriage with Ruth.

Blade
And who did Boaz marry and why? Ahhh. The kinsman redeemer, who redeemed a woman not of Israel, a Gentile, the widow of a man of the tribe of Judah.

Sometimes the awe of it all overwhelms me!

I think you have the only response so far that recognized that the Lamb wasn't created.
But then that would leave the question of why the one sitting on throne had to wait for the Lamb to open it instead of opening it himself.
See post #4 :)

Back