• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Preaching the Gospel

We need to start in the OT prophets, say Isaiah 2:1-4 and Daniel 2:35,44 and the teaching of Jesus and the Apostles, well before we try to understand the Book of Revelation.
I would offer we should seek the foundation of a doctrine Geneisis not the outcome Revealation
I think it is waht David meant.

Psalm 11:3If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

We need to start with the first apostles sent with prophecy as the first recorded martyr "Abel". His blood yokerd with Christ like the blood of all saints cries out for the promise of a new incorruptible body.

It would seem the Jehocvah witness sect puffs up the elders as venerable men the discrete number. venerable lording it over the faith or understanding of the non venerble

144, 000 (golden metaphor) used in that parable, the signified language of Revelation also called hidden mana Revelation 2:17

The unknown number 144,000 is ued to represent all those sent out with the gospel in a hope God will cause new growth men and woamn from all the nations of the world as those born gain recivien the end of thier new faith from the very begining .(1 Peter 1:11)
144,000 the unknown number of all the saints not just from one tribe or sect but many famalies . .

144,000 the number no man can count .God forbids numbering rather that trusting His word.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands.

1444,000 (, an hundred and forty and four cubits, ) the golden measure or measure of faith the not measure of men literal 144,000 it that way helps us we are not to be of the number, like David when many were killed because he was not trusting the unseen things of God .

Revelation 21:14-15 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Again gold is the measure of faith the unseen used that way throughout the bible unlocking the mysteries of the gospel the hidden Manna in many parables.

Two different kinds of measurement.one hidden from the lost. Both revealed to those born from above.

Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

1. What if they ask you who Jesus is?
2.What if they ask what it means that this father draws to him?
3. What if they ask who the prophets are? Or how and what do we hear, and how do we hear it? Or what do I have to hear and why if it is this father who draws me?

1. What if they ask you who Jesus is?

I was born into a world in which images of a handsome man called "Jesus", are plastered all other the place. Where dozens of differing religious businesses, create Shrines of Worship, and place them in every city, in every town, on almost every street corner of this world I was born into. Where high days created by men, for the express purpose of worshiping this image, are observed by the entire world. All these differing religions competing for membership with different doctrines and religious philosophies, all designed to entice men to come and support their religious philosophy for salvation, in order to fill the seats of these man made Shrines of Worship without which these religious businesses would fail. All preaching a different gospel, all promoting a different "truth", and all convincing others to preserve and promote their particular religious sect or franchise.

Knowing all these evils were prophesied, and warned about, if someone came to me and asked, "who is the real Jesus?", I would point them to the Holy Scriptures which were inspired by Him, and not the religions of this world. This is why I pointed out the Word's of the Real Jesus, who defined for me "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

In this way they Learn "who is Jesus", by His Father who Sent Him, not this world's religions who call Him Lord, Lord, that the Bible warns about over and over.

2.What if they ask what it means that this father draws to him?

It is my Faith that the God and Father of the Lord's Christ is Faithful to reveal Himself to those who truly "Seek His Kingdom, and His Righteousness." I would advise a person who asked me this question, to place their Faith in Him and Trust in His Word, to define for him what HIS Word's mean. But to "Take Heed" of other voices, especially those who come in Christ's Name, as Jesus was especially concerned about these voices deceiving His People.

3. What if they ask who the prophets are?

The Oracles of God have been made available to anyone who is interested in HIM, in this world I was born into. My 9 year old grandson could look at His Picture Bible for 10 minutes and know who the Prophets are. The idea that there exists one adult, in all of North America, who hasn't heard of Jesus or Moses, or God or the Prophets is absurd, in the year 2022.

I would point them to these Same Oracles, to learn about God and His People. I would not send them to the many religions of this world to define His Word's for them. As Peter said to the New Converts in Acts 15.

"For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

Since I have these Oracles in my own Home, as God Promised, I can hear them without going anywhere.

Or how and what do we hear, and how do we hear it? Or what do I have to hear and why if it is this father who draws me?

God prepared His Holy scriptures, with His Teachers and His Priest who are Faithful to anyone who would have enough Faith in God to "learn from Him", as all His Examples of Faith need.

But He placed us in a world in which "other voices" exist as well, and has shown the danger in listening to them.

He is Faithful and Long Suffering to those who would "Cling to Him", and has prepared for His People a Salvation.

Ps. 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest. 10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

All who believe the Word's of this Jesus, will not be ashamed nor afflicted forever.

In this way they Learn "who is Jesus", by His Father who Sent Him, not this world's religions who call Him Lord, Lord, that the Bible warns about over and over.
But---they are asking you. The OP presumes You are preaching the gospel to them.
It is my Faith that the God and Father of the Lord's Christ is Faithful to reveal Himself to those who truly "Seek His Kingdom, and His Righteousness." I would advise a person who asked me this question, to place their Faith in Him and Trust in His Word, to define for him what HIS Word's mean
How can they put their faith in something or someone they know nothing about?
The Oracles of God have been made available to anyone who is interested in HIM, in this world I was born into. My 9 year old grandson could look at His Picture Bible for 10 minutes and know who the Prophets are. The idea that there exists one adult, in all of North America, who hasn't heard of Jesus or Moses, or God or the Prophets is absurd, in the year 2022.
They may have heard of them, and know nothing about them, but you have given them particular importance to this hypothetical person. How are they to know to what you are referring unless you tell them? What would you tell them?
God prepared His Holy scriptures, with His Teachers and His Priest who are Faithful to anyone who would have enough Faith in God to "learn from Him", as all His Examples of Faith need.
How is a person to put faith in someone or something when they have been told nothing about any of it?
But He placed us in a world in which "other voices" exist as well, and has shown the danger in listening to them.
What if they ask if you might be one of them? And how are they to know?
He is Faithful and Long Suffering to those who would "Cling to Him", and has prepared for His People a Salvation.
How can you cling to what you do not know?

Greetings again Arial,
Do they believe in hell? From need to helplessness, to rescue---with the rescuer being identified as Son of God, Son of man who came to rescue, and how He did it.
Reading this Post again, I get the impression that you would attempt to scare the listener with threats of eternal torments by fire and worm, and then say that Jesus will rescue them from such a fate. As such, possibly your theology is being superimposed on this subject. I believe that death and a return to the dust is the destiny of the wicked.

I once attended a local Baptist Church. They advertised a subject "What will happen when Christ returns" or similar. They did not really address the subject. There was very much singing, part led by a guest Salvation Army minister, (they do not believe in baptism) and then finally a fiery speech by a fiery red head preacher, whose face got redder and redder as he worked himself up threatening fiery judgements at the hand of the Devil in Hell if we did not repent. Two older ladies went forward at the end and the lady two along from me said of one of them, "Not her again".

Kind regards
Trevor

But---they are asking you. The OP presumes You are preaching the gospel to them.
Why would a person need to go to the Pharisees, or the Pope, or any religious man to preach what God has already written in the Holy scriptures? I would just Point him to God's Word that Paul said was "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." In this way, he is not influenced by the opinions or religious philosophy of the "other voice" in this world he was born into, rather, by the God of Lights Himself.

Well they know nothing about Constantine, or Gameliel or Calvin either. Why would they place their Faith in them, if they were interested in the God of the Bible? Remember, when Jesus instructed His Disciples to spread His Word, HE said:

Matt. 10: 12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

But their Word's are now written for all to see in the Holy scriptures. So if I encounter a person who is "Seeking" or as Jesus puts it "Worthy", I would lead them to the Word's of God and His Prophets, and His Son and the Teachers HE chose for them.

They may have heard of them, and know nothing about them, but you have given them particular importance to this hypothetical person. How are they to know to what you are referring unless you tell them? What would you tell them?

I would point them to Moses and the Prophets, like Jesus and His Disciples did. After all, Jesus said; "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

How is a person to put faith in someone or something when they have been told nothing about any of it?
The Holy Scripture is God telling men about Him.
"And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Because I know this, I would point them to the Word of God, in Whom I Trust.

What if they ask if you might be one of them? And how are they to know?

Who am I, compared to the Spirit of God who inspired the Holy Scriptures? Jesus said; "If you want to inherit Life, Keep the Commandments". Where can I find the Commandments of God? They are right here in front of me, in the Holy Scriptures Paul said to continue in. Why would I trust another to show me what God has already "Written for my Admonition"?

And why would I send a person inquiring about Jesus, to another voice, other than God's?

How can you cling to what you do not know?

In what scenario could you create in 2022, in which a person could be found in all of North America, that hasn't heard about God or HIS Word?

I would be curious to know how it would be even possible for even one person, who doesn't know about "One Nation, under God", or hasn't been driven past a Billboard with a giant picture of a handsome long haired man they call Jesus?

I believe God is faithful to guide them who placed their trust in Him, and not the Hypocrites in the religions of this world I was born into. At least this is what HE directs in HIS Word.

Matt. 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Faith comes from Hearing, and Hearing from the Word of God. Why would I direct a person to any other?

Why would a person need to go to the Pharisees, or the Pope, or any religious man to preach what God has already written in the Holy scriptures? I would just Point him to God's Word that Paul said was "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." In this way, he is not influenced by the opinions or religious philosophy of the "other voice" in this world he was born into, rather, by the God of Lights Himself.
That is completely off the topic and utterly irrelevant. Your favorite and only subject, I know, but it does not belong here. In the given scenario, someone is asking YOU these questions. So far you have said nothing that would even make anyone curious or interested in the gospel.
Well they know nothing about Constantine, or Gameliel or Calvin either. Why would they place their Faith in them, if they were interested in the God of the Bible?
Who said anything about anyone putting their faith in any of these guys? WHy can't you ever answer a simple question. All you do is all you ever do, deflect. If you can't answer the questions presented, get lost.
And when they went into those houses they said actual words and presented actual truths pertinent to the mission at hand. This scripture is not what they told people when they went into their houses.
I would point them to Moses and the Prophets, like Jesus and His Disciples did. After all, Jesus said; "If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
You would point them to or would you tell them about? And if "tell them about" what would you tell them?
So far, you have not presented even a shadow of the gospel of peace. Quoting this scripture doesn't answer the question I asked.
Because I know this, I would point them to the Word of God, in Whom I Trust.
Point them to the word of God? Or tell them something, be willing and able to answer their questions? And I posit you don't really trust God because you don't believe Him when He tells us the good news that Jesus did all that was necessary for our full an utter salvation. It is in His word, which you have. Why can't you see it? You still feel the need to earn your way to heaven with all your good deeds. That would be----trusting in yourself, not God,
Who am I, compared to the Spirit of God who inspired the Holy Scriptures? Jesus said; "If you want to inherit Life, Keep the Commandments". Where can I find the Commandments of God? They are right here in front of me, in the Holy Scriptures Paul said to continue in. Why would I trust another to show me what God has already "Written for my Admonition"?
Well, I wasn't actually talking about you, I was asking how you would go about leading someone to Christ?
And why would I send a person inquiring about Jesus, to another voice, other than God's?
Did I ask you to send them to "another voice?" Jesus tells us to preach the gospel so people hear it. Are you disputing with Him again now? You are supposed to know the gospel well enough to tell people and answer whatever questions they have. You joined this conversation, but you won't even give straight answers to hypothetical questions.
In what scenario could you create in 2022, in which a person could be found in all of North America, that hasn't heard about God or HIS Word?
So you feel there is no need or purpose in spreading the gospel?
I would be curious to know how it would be even possible for even one person, who doesn't know about "One Nation, under God", or hasn't been driven past a Billboard with a giant picture of a handsome long haired man they call Jesus?
You still sound incredibly jealous for some reason, everytime you say this non sequitur. What does it have to do with the subject at hand?
I believe God is faithful to guide them who placed their trust in Him, and not the Hypocrites in the religions of this world I was born into. At least this is what HE directs in HIS Word.
We are talking about people who have not yet put their trust in Him and how you would present the good news to them.
Faith comes from Hearing, and Hearing from the Word of God. Why would I direct a person to any other?
Because Jesus told us to spread the gospel? When did I say anything about sending them to "any other?" This OP is a hypothetical you preaching the gospel. Not another. Or sending the to another.

Greetings again Arial,

Reading this Post again, I get the impression that you would attempt to scare the listener with threats of eternal torments by fire and worm, and then say that Jesus will rescue them from such a fate. As such, possibly your theology is being superimposed on this subject. I believe that death and a return to the dust is the destiny of the wicked.

I once attended a local Baptist Church. They advertised a subject "What will happen when Christ returns" or similar. They did not really address the subject. There was very much singing, part led by a guest Salvation Army minister, (they do not believe in baptism) and then finally a fiery speech by a fiery red head preacher, whose face got redder and redder as he worked himself up threatening fiery judgements at the hand of the Devil in Hell if we did not repent. Two older ladies went forward at the end and the lady two along from me said of one of them, "Not her again".

Kind regards
Trevor
:) No that would not be my approach. Actually, as Reformed, I would feel no need to scare, or persuade, or convince at all. I can do none of those things. All I can do is present the person and work of Jesus, and if there is any effectiveness in it, that comes from God. Nevertheless, people have to hear before they can believe. But it is important that we recognize at least some need, for it is this need that causes us to lean into Him. We have offended a holy God with our sins. There is nothing we can do to expiate these sins and put us in right standing with God. Enter, Jesus, Lord and Savior who takes the sins away, making those who trust in Him, children of the Most High.

Its the faith of God's labor of love that works in mankind making his own self known .Un-redeemed mankind they have no faith (Power to please God) of their own living in bodies that are dying carring out the death sentence

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Hi Paul thanks for the reply.

It’s really no different than it was with Cain and Able. Cain not having the faith of Christ according as it is written unlike Abel in whom God had favor on who was sent as an apostle with prophecy . Un-redeemed Cain was moved by the father of lies.Satan a murderer from that beginning. Buried Abel under the corn establishing the law of paganism. Out of sight out of mind. as in who believes a God not seen?.( I am not my brother keeper you find him ) .

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

First Century Christianity restored the time period back before the faithless atheist Jews (no god in their hearts)They not called by God demanded a pagan form of government (out of sight out of mind) demanding they have their very own outward fleshly representative because of the jealously of the surrounding pagan nations . You might recognize that kind of goveremnet as the confederacy, not in union with Christ.

The first century Christianity restoring the power of faith that worked in Abel. The whole period of kings in Israel used as a parable of the unseen things of God exposing the abomination of desolation Kings in Israel Therefore destroying all the kingdom of men that understand after the temporal things of dying flesh seen. . . (no faith) as it is written with the finger of God .

1 Samael 8 4-8 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

The 1st century reformation which many from my own experienced seem to think it is out of place putting the emphasize on the 15th century reformation that came against the Pope , the Catholics outward representative placing him in replacement of our Holy Father in heaven . Just as the unbelieving Jew that demanded a fleshly king reign over them .and not walk by faith the unseen things of God. .

Hebrew 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, (using the temporal as a sign )that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure (Parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Well, as I said, I spent months reading the Christian writings from that time,
including all the individual books of Acts of each of the Apostles,
and it gave me a new perspective.

You could say "show time" used as a parable ended believing prophecy as it is written (sola scruiptura) time began.
The time is still at hand.

Blessed is he that readeth,
and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:
for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:3

That is completely off the topic and utterly irrelevant. Your favorite and only subject, I know, but it does not belong here. In the given scenario, someone is asking YOU these questions. So far you have said nothing that would even make anyone curious or interested in the gospel.

I believe I did tell you Arial. I guess I didn't give the answer you were wanting. In the Bible, which I believe to be inspired by the Great God of Abraham, it is written;

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

It is God who adds to His Church, not you or me. Jesus sent both the multitude and His Disciples to "hear Moses". Peter kept the New Converts away from the Pharisees religion, and steered them to Moses "being read every Sabbath Day". Paul directed them to the Law and Prophets, where it is written "the Just shall live by Faith".

If a man is worthy, if a man is seeking to know who Jesus is, he will hear the Word's of the Prophets and Disciples. I'm not going to send someone to this religious sect of the world you promote, or that religious sect of this world the Pope promotes, to learn about God and His Son. I'll buy him a bible, and make myself available to fellowship with him. If he is seeking, God will not forsake him. If he is looking for a feel good religious social club, he can choose from this world's religions.

Who said anything about anyone putting their faith in any of these guys? WHy can't you ever answer a simple question. All you do is all you ever do, deflect. If you can't answer the questions presented, get lost.
Now Arial, I have answered your question. Why did God even write His Word's? Was it not for "doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" Why would I send someone seeking to know Jesus anywhere else? Why would I presume to be a better teacher than God's Word itself? I don't understand your anger.

And when they went into those houses they said actual words and presented actual truths pertinent to the mission at hand. This scripture is not what they told people when they went into their houses.

You don't believe the disciples shared with others, what Jesus showed them in the Holy scriptures?

But the Word's of the Prophets that they spoke to them, are now written for all to see and hear. They didn't have a copy to share with others "who are worthy". But I do, and so do you. Why are you so against sharing the actual Scriptures with those who want to know who Jesus Is?

You would point them to or would you tell them about? And if "tell them about" what would you tell them?

That I believe there is a God, and that HE had a Book Written for our Admonition, to teach those who are "Hungering and thirsting" for righteousness where to go. I wouldn't send them to the Pharisees, or Catholic's or Baptists. Rather, I would direct them straight to God and His Word, because God is certainly faith to reveal Himself to those who Seek Him.

So far, you have not presented even a shadow of the gospel of peace. Quoting this scripture doesn't answer the question I asked.

The Gospel of God/Christ, AKA "the Gospel of Peace", is found and defined in the Holy Scriptures, by the God who created it, in my understanding. At least, this is my belief. I would never presume to know the Gospel of God, better than God who created it. Since HE has made His Definition and descriptions of sad Gospel available for all people, as Prophesied, it seems foolish for me to go, or send others anywhere else.

Point them to the word of God? Or tell them something, be willing and able to answer their questions?

I believe we should let God's Word answer our questions. It has been my experience that HE is Trustworthy, "and is no respecter of persons". I am a man, and I have biases. If he asks me, I would seek the answer with him in the Holy Scriptures.
And I posit you don't really trust God because you don't believe Him when He tells us the good news that Jesus did all that was necessary for our full an utter salvation. It is in His word, which you have. Why can't you see it? You still feel the need to earn your way to heaven with all your good deeds. That would be----trusting in yourself, not God,

Your religious views and opinions notwithstanding, I would tell a man to Trust the Word's of God, not religious men simply because they call Jesus Lord, Lord.

Well, I wasn't actually talking about you, I was asking how you would go about leading someone to Christ?

If a man doesn't know God, he can't know the true Christ. As Jesus Himself said;

John 6: 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

I would therefore point others who ask me, to the Holy Scriptures " which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

Did I ask you to send them to "another voice?" Jesus tells us to preach the gospel so people hear it. Are you disputing with Him again now?

He chose Disciples and Apostles to Preach His Gospel, and we have their written testimony. HE warned against listening to "many" who come in His Name to deceive. It's in your own Bible.

You are supposed to know the gospel well enough to tell people and answer whatever questions they have. You joined this conversation, but you won't even give straight answers to hypothetical questions.

I do answer questions asked in sincerity. But most often, I prefer to let the Spirit of God inspired Scriptures answer questions. I place my faith in Him, not me.

So you feel there is no need or purpose in spreading the gospel?
Who doesn't have a Bible in their home? Who doesn't have available to them in all of North America, the Holy Scriptures? What you are talking about is spreading "Your" adopted religion. The Pope works to spread "Catholicism", SDA works to spread "Adventism", and so on.

I truly believe there is a need to distinguish between these religions and the Written Gospel of Christ found in the Holy scriptures. To do this, one must "Hear" them, preferable by someone "SENT" by God. It is my belief that the Authors of the Bible were "Sent by God". Therefore, in my understanding, spreading the Gospel is advising folks to "hear" the Holy Scriptures. Not random religious men of this world we were born into.

You still sound incredibly jealous for some reason, everytime you say this non sequitur. What does it have to do with the subject at hand?
It is my belief that we need to distinguish the difference between the Christ of the Bible, and the image of Christ created by this worlds religions. Especially if someone comes and asks me "Who is Jesus"?

We are talking about people who have not yet put their trust in Him and how you would present the good news to them.

The Holy scriptures are the Good News. We can fellowship one on one with God Himself, not having to pick between the smorgasbord of differing religions and philosophy. Sure, this understanding isn't good news for the religious businesses of this world, who need to fill seats in their man made shrines of worship to survive.

But for those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, this is great news.

Because Jesus told us to spread the gospel? When did I say anything about sending them to "any other?" This OP is a hypothetical you preaching the gospel. Not another. Or sending the to another.

Good then, we have no disagreement. If we are spreading the Holy Scriptures, we are Spreading the Gospel of Christ.

Well, as I said, I spent months reading the Christian writings from that time,
including all the individual books of Acts of each of the Apostles,
and it gave me a new perspective.

The time is still at hand.

Blessed is he that readeth,
and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein:
for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:3
Yes it wil be at hand till the last day under the sun. Any time we mix faith the unseen eternal things of God with the things of men seen the temporal (parables) and do not harden our heart we can rest in him yoked with him he makes our burden lighter.

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Back