• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Preaching the Gospel

The Apostle Peter applies this to the transfiguration as a vision of what will happen when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom 2 Peter 1:16,17,18. Notice the link with Matthew 16:28 "coming in His kingdom".
Those are teaching formats. The vision in respect to Moses to signify God the law giver ' prophets, the testimony of the law in view. "Let there be and it was good." the law of faith. The same kind of idea given in teaching a parable in Luke 16."the parable of two masters" no person can serve the wisdom of this world ($$$$$$) and the eternal wisdom of God as it is written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura)

Note . . . .(PURPLE) by added comment as a personal understanding

Luke 16:13-18 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.(the things seen) And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. The law (Moses)and the prophets (Elijah) were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

The testimony of the law above. . . written below

Luke 16:19-31 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (sola scriptura) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, (the word of God) neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.We unders atand god by the eunsen thing not walking by sight like Peter desiring to make image idol tabernacles

Matthew 17:3And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.

Peter was not walking by faith the unseen eternal

If mankind will not hear the two witnesses of God ."let there be". . the law, and "it was good" the testimony than neither would they believe if Jesus arose from the dead to fulfill prophecy .They have no hope coming from prophecy

The other alternative is to seek the legion of dead for the living those that some call patron saints as the wisdom of this world. A great golf is fixed so they cannot go back and forth

Not the teaching ministry we should seek after rather than all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)

Greetings again Mr G Lee,
No more demonstrations are propmised . God is not a man.. . never was never could be.
I cannot make much sense of your four posts. I consider that it is quite clear that Paul at the end of his life in 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8 teaches that Jesus will return to establish his kingdom and that he anticipates being given the gift of eternal life when Jesus returns at that time, and that also all those that love his appearing will also receive the gift of eternal life at that time.

Kind regards
Trevor

How did this turn into a thread about end times? :)

Back to preaching the gospel. There have been posts on how one would go about it, which is fine, I'm not complaining about that, and the OP left it open for that. I would like a few examples of preaching the gospel, if any so desire. Say you are sitting next to someone in a diner at the counter and you feel the urge to begin a conversation that could lead to preaching the gospel.

Greetings again Arial,
How did this turn into a thread about end times?
I do not consider that the important element of the Gospel relating to the Kingdom of God is to be replaced by a gospel that only speaks about the crucifixion. The Good News or Glad Tidings is about what Jesus accomplished in his death and resurrection and what he will accomplish when he returns to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Arial,

I do not consider that the important element of the Gospel relating to the Kingdom of God is to be replaced by a gospel that only speaks about the crucifixion. The Good News or Glad Tidings is about what Jesus accomplished in his death and resurrection and what he will accomplish when he returns to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8.

Kind regards
Trevor
There are theological differences when it comes to end times and what is revealed in Revelation, that do not affect ones salvation. They can and will come out at some point, but we have to start at the beginning, and keep it fairly simple, generally.
First, I think, would be our need of a savior. For instance we could ask someone if they believe in God. Most people do or will say that they do unless they have proclaimed themselves atheists. Do they think God is holy? If yes, have they ever done anything that they feel is against God's holiness? Is there a way they can make it right? Would they want God to be pleased with them? Do they believe in hell? From need to helplessness, to rescue---with the rescuer being identified as Son of God, Son of man who came to rescue, and how He did it.

Greetings again Comingfrom,

The Apostle Peter applies this to the transfiguration as a vision of what will happen when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom 2 Peter 1:16,17,18. Notice the link with Matthew 16:28 "coming in His kingdom".
Thank you again Trevor.

He comes quickly.

Behold, I come quickly:
blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:7

Half a mo, Jesus is referring to his own day "my day" in John 8:56, not Abraham's day. Abraham looked forward to the day when Jesus would come, and open the way of salvation by his death and resurrection, and in viewing this in faith he rejoiced.
In the gospel it says Abraham saw His day.
So that was Abraham's day of the Lord. Wasn't it.
(Obviously He wasn't called Jesus back then, but Melchizedek.)

Behold, I come quickly:
hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Revelation 3:11

We do not know Christ after the private interpretation as personal commentaries of men . Feeling are not loving laws .(sola scriptura)
We were talking about an era, first Century Christianity.
And getting a feel for what it was like for them back then.

What did change was the government of God. The first century reformation did its work of restoring.
The Lord does not change.

For I am the Lord, I change not;
therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Malachi 3:6
Search the foundation for kings in Isreal (a pagan foundation) called the abomination of desolation (kings in Isreal) why did it need reform? What kind of goverment was it restored to .

Makes a great study it can clear up much understanding . From my experince many do not ever acknowlegdeg the first century refomation the focus has ben moved by the god of this world to the 15th. Sola scriptura (all things written in the law and its testemony the prophets the final authority in matter of faith (the unseen will of the father in any generation or family were two or three gather under the power of His gospel or name .!

Note . . . (PURPLE) my offering or understanding.
Hebrews 9 :8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying, (using the temporal things seen) that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:Which was a figure (parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
I believe the holy war is within.
And that is the reformation that has to take place.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth the self against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

2 Corinthians 10:3-6

One sabbath rest, our daily bread. . . that is if we mix faith the unseen eternal things of God with the temopal things seen.
And this is how we win the war, by keeping the Lord's Sabbaths, and eating at His Passovers.
Without the Lord's help we cannot take possession of the (unseen) land.

But if thou shalt indeed obey His voice, and do all that I speak;
then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
For Mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites,
and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites:
and I will cut them off.
Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works:
but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images.

Exodus 23:22-24

No mixing no gospel rest (the power of God's faith ) working in us who have no power of our own living in dying bodies . .

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard
Remember the word which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you,
saying, The Lord your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land.

Joshua 1:13

Yes it was not untill later when he heard the gospel and believed God not seen .Previously he called the gospel a heresy or oral tradtion of men called a private interpretation. Previously as Saul murdering the misconcieved competion (flesh and blood) establihing the pagan foundation "out of sight out of mind" as in who believes in a eternal God not seen ? You shall surely not die The fall repeated .

Yes in going away men as born again Christians could focus on the eternal words of the father. . the one source of Christian faith .

It would be impossible to serve two teaching masters as one Lord .The temporal flesh seen and the Holy anointing Spirit of God not seen .
And ye shall serve the Lord your God,
and He shall bless thy bread, and thy water;
and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Exodus 23:25

Bless the Lord ❤️

How did this turn into a thread about end times? :)
:) Natural course.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:14

Back to preaching the gospel. There have been posts on how one would go about it, which is fine, I'm not complaining about that, and the OP left it open for that. I would like a few examples of preaching the gospel, if any so desire. Say you are sitting next to someone in a diner at the counter and you feel the urge to begin a conversation that could lead to preaching the gospel.
Go not into the way of the Gentiles,
and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 10:5-7

That's why I preach it at sites like this one. ❤️

Greetings again Arial,
There are theological differences when it comes to end times and what is revealed in Revelation, that do not affect ones salvation. They can and will come out at some point, but we have to start at the beginning, and keep it fairly simple, generally.
I consider that a true understanding of the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name does affect salvation. We need to start in the OT prophets, say Isaiah 2:1-4 and Daniel 2:35,44 and the teaching of Jesus and the Apostles, well before we try to understand the Book of Revelation.

I would rather start with the uncertainty of the times, and the need for God to remedy the situation by sending His Son back to the earth to remedy the situation. I would then draw attention to the return of the Jews to the Holy Land as prophesied in anticipation of the events in Ezekiel 38, and the present movements of Russia, who is the Gog, the Prince of Rosh of Ezekiel 38:1-2. Only then would I speak of the sufferings of Christ and the salvation available in Him.

Kind regards
Trevor

We were talking about an era, first Century Christianity.
And getting a feel for what it was like for them back then.
Hi Paul thanks for the reply.

It’s really no different than it was with Cain and Able. Cain not having the faith of Christ according as it is written unlike Abel in whom God had favor on who was sent as an apostle with prophecy . Un-redeemed Cain was moved by the father of lies.Satan a murderer from that beginning. Buried Abel under the corn establishing the law of paganism. Out of sight out of mind. as in who believes a God not seen?.( I am not my brother keeper you find him ) .

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

First Century Christianity restored the time period back before the faithless atheist Jews (no god in their hearts)They not called by God demanded a pagan form of government (out of sight out of mind) demanding they have their very own outward fleshly representative because of the jealously of the surrounding pagan nations . You might recognize that kind of goveremnet as the confederacy, not in union with Christ.

The first century Christianity restoring the power of faith that worked in Abel. The whole period of kings in Israel used as a parable of the unseen things of God exposing the abomination of desolation Kings in Israel Therefore destroying all the kingdom of men that understand after the temporal things of dying flesh seen. . . (no faith) as it is written with the finger of God .

1 Samael 8 4-8 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.

The 1st century reformation which many from my own experienced seem to think it is out of place putting the emphasize on the 15th century reformation that came against the Pope , the Catholics outward representative placing him in replacement of our Holy Father in heaven . Just as the unbelieving Jew that demanded a fleshly king reign over them .and not walk by faith the unseen things of God. .

Hebrew 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, (using the temporal as a sign )that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: Which was a figure (Parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

You could say "show time" used as a parable ended believing prophecy as it is written (sola scruiptura) time began.

Back