• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Preaching the Gospel

All this is true and good. But what is this gospel?
The gospel is given as the exclusive power of God from faith the unseen understanding to the same gospels faithful understanding .

Defining the word faith as to how it is used throughout the biggest challenge .

Note. . .(PURPLE) my addition as a personal understanding.

Romans 1; 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith (God's power) to faith (God's power): as it is written, The just shall live by faith. (Gods faith that works in us not of our own self we have no power faithless )

Greetings Comingfrom,

I appreciate your initial assessment, and also I am not put off by your dislike of my final paragraph because I hold strongly to these views. Yes, I believe that Jesus will soon return to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth, to replace the present kingdoms of men Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2:35,44, Matthew 19:28, Acts 1:11, Acts 3:19-21 and 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 are a few examples of this teaching. I am not sure of how you consider that the various Scriptures that you have quoted disagree with this concept. Perhaps you need to elaborate each one. I strongly endorse "Thy Kingdom come" and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God". If anything they confirm that the Kingdom is future, and it will be upon the earth, not in heaven. Abraham was promised the Land, not heaven Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:16,26-29 and thus he awaits the resurrection at the return of Jesus..

Kind regards
Trevor
Born again believers are reigning with Christ as ambassadors sent from a foreign land not seen. Their citizenship is not of this corrupted dying world .

The first cenrtury reformation had come. Study its foundation and why its goveremnt of men (Kings in Isreal) was rendered useless or declared desolate.

Many sects even today that hold to a hierarchy of men government. Catholics do it boldly in false pride. Some more subtle. .

The venerable elders lording it over the faith or understanding of God the non-venerable pew warmers.

Like the period of Kings or fathers called elders in Israel (the abomination of desolation) They are still looking for a fleshly God to appear on the last day under the Sun and Moon (temporal time period ) hoping it was not temporal.

We look ahead by the "faith of Christ" the unseen work that works in us. A new creation not after the corrupted rudiments of this world .as rebuilt or reconditioned.

The one time propmised demonstration of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world the six day God did work is over. If a person is looking for a fleshy savoir to provide another demonstration there will be none.

God is not a man never was never could be .A eternal Spirit does not have flesh and bones

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Its the same reason why the disciples who were were chasing after the flesh of a Jew to make him king .They desired a fleshly leader but when jesus said his flesh as the temopal things seen profit for nothing, zero.

Therefore what can and did profit was the unseen working of the word of

Note . . (PURPLE) my offering our understanding.

John 6: 60-69 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; (offensive) who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Not flesh of eternal like .God is not a man

Greetings again Arial,
Absolutely the way in which we go about preaching the gospel depends on who we are talking to. But let's assume they know nothing of the gospel.
Yes, each individual is different and have different backgrounds and present understanding and it depends whether if it becomes a discussion rather than an uninterrupted address or talk. If a discussion, then it would depend on the response as to what direction the encounter would progress. I would draw attention to the historical Jesus, his birth, his childhood, his ministry, his teaching, his trial, suffering, crucifixion and death, his burial, his resurrection, ascension, and now sitting on the right hand of God the Father in God the Father's Throne, awaiting the day when he will return to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth.
This raises the question of what is the kingdom of God and what about Jesus?
Jesus is central to both elements of the Kingdom and Name. Jesus will return and establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years, and Jesus will sit upon the Throne of David in the Temple at Jerusalem.
I might add here, that a complete understanding of the gospel comes over time in the life of the believer. It cannot be absorbed in its fullness at the beginning,
I consider that there is a level of understanding that can be reached which will result in an affectionate belief of the Gospel of the Kingdom and Name which will motivate the individual to desire to be baptised in water in identification with the death and resurrection of Christ. I refer back to the example of the Samaritans and their belief and response to the preaching of Philip Acts 8:5-6,12. After their baptism they would become members of the fellowship of believers. They would partake of the emblems each week, and learn more of the things of God.
I might add here, that a complete understanding of the gospel comes over time in the life of the believer. It cannot be absorbed in its fullness at the beginning,
Yes, but there is an acceptable level for those brought up in Sunday School, or those coming in from outside. Some of our late teen SS scholars can be ready in reasonable short time. Some coming in from outside may need longer instruction, and we sometimes recommend that they attend our Sunday Evening Seminars, and then possibly have a private home class each week until they are ready for baptism.
Yes. What is that?
Central to what was achieved in the suffering, crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus was the overcoming of sin and the effects of sin, especially a reversal of the sentence of death that came upon Adam and his descendants. Jesus opened the way of life by his death and resurrection, as our representative, and we can share in this salvation and the forgiveness of sin by acknowledging what was accomplished in him and then identifying with this by baptism in water.
Here you include your particular theology, which is natural and can't be avoided that you have it. But in preaching the gospel to a novice, would it completely distract from the purpose? People develop their particular theologies over time through study. I might ask on that last part, if I were the hearer, "What has that to do with me or my salvation?"
The correct understanding of the Kingdom of God is an essential part of the Gospel Acts 8:5-6,12, 28:28-29,30-31. The return of Jesus to establish the Kingdom is the teaching of the OT, NT, Jesus and the Apostles 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8. Those that love his appearing will find a place in the Kingdom. Those that believe that their immortal soul goes to heaven at death will not receive the product of this false pagan hope.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings again Comingfrom,
Do you really believe it was a land on earth that God promised to Abraham and to his seed?
Yes, Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:8-9,16,26-28,29. Abraham was told on this occasion to look NSEW, not to the sky or heaven. Yes, Abraham will be resurrected from the grave.
And Abraham saw Jesus, and rejoiced and was glad.
We have a speaker who has a favourite saying, "Every word of God is important" and on occasions when he wants to emphasise a particular word he says "and this one is especially important". He then goes on to explain the significance of that particular word.
John 8:56 (KJV): 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Kind regards
Trevor

Born again believers are reigning with Christ as ambassadors sent from a foreign land not seen. Their citizenship is not of this corrupted dying world .
Thank you.
I like a meaty offering that I can part.

I see this expression "born in the land" throughout the law,
but in the New Testament it is "born again".
Just a couple of examples.

Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses:
for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel,
whether he be a stranger, or born
in the land.
Exodus 12:19

But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously,
whether he be born in the land, or a stranger,
the same reproacheth the Lord;
and that soul shall be cut off from among His people.

Numbers 15:30

The first cenrtury reformation had come. Study its foundation and why its goveremnt of men (Kings in Isreal) was rendered useless or declared desolate.
Here is a really good website.
Had me reading for months, and it gave me a feel for what it was like back then.

Many sects even today that hold to a hierarchy of men government. Catholics do it boldly in false pride. Some more subtle. .
I wasn't raised in a church.
Jesus raised me up in the field.

The venerable elders lording it over the faith or understanding of God the non-venerable pew warmers.
I did visit the churches, and tried to speak to the priests.
Before I got to all of them, the Son of man came.

By night on my bed I sought Him whom my soul loveth:
I sought Him, but I found Him not.
I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek Him whom my soul loveth:
I sought Him, but I found Him not.
The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye Him whom my soul loveth?
It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found Him whom my soul loveth:
I held Him, and would not let Him go.

Cant 3:1-4

Like the period of Kings or fathers called elders in Israel (the abomination of desolation) They are still looking for a fleshly God to appear on the last day under the Sun and Moon (temporal time period ) hoping it was not temporal.
Yes. Nothing has really changed, has it.

Behold, I will send My messenger, and He shall prepare the way before Me:
and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to this temple,
even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in:
behold, He shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.
But who may abide the day of His coming?
and who shall stand when He appeareth?
for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver:
and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver,
that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.
Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord,
as in the days of old,
and as in former years.

Malachi 3:2-4

We look ahead by the "faith of Christ" the unseen work that works in us. A new creation not after the corrupted rudiments of this world .as rebuilt or reconditioned.
I look up. :)

The one time propmised demonstration of the lamb slain from the foundation of the world the six day God did work is over. If a person is looking for a fleshy savoir to provide another demonstration there will be none.
It was making God's sabbaths and standing in His tabernacles, that was my salvation.
Then and there is when the Lord gives me His flesh and blood.

But unto the place which the Lord your God shall choose out of all your tribes to put His name there,
even unto His habitation shall ye seek, and thither thou shalt come:

Deuteronomy 12:5

God is not a man never was never could be .A eternal Spirit does not have flesh and bones
God is a spirit,
still, the scripture says...

The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is His name.
Exodus 15:3

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
You do realize St Paul was present at His crucifixion.
When he was still Saul, of course.

Its the same reason why the disciples who were were chasing after the flesh of a Jew to make him king .They desired a fleshly leader but when jesus said his flesh as the temopal things seen profit for nothing, zero.
But He told them...

Nevertheless I tell you the truth;
It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

John 16:7

Therefore what can and did profit was the unseen working of the word of

Note . . (PURPLE) my offering our understanding.

John 6: 60-69 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; (offensive) who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Not flesh of eternal like .God is not a man
Amen.

God is a Spirit:
and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:24

And ye My flock, the flock of My pasture, are men,
and I am your God, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 34:31

❤️

Thank you, Trevor.

Yes, Genesis 13:14-15, Galatians 3:8-9,16,26-28,29. Abraham was told on this occasion to look NSEW, not to the sky or heaven. Yes, Abraham will be resurrected from the grave.
I believe he is alive in heaven.

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Matthew 22:32-33

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth,
when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God,
and you yourselves thrust out.

Luke 13:28

We have a speaker who has a favourite saying, "Every word of God is important" and on occasions when he wants to emphasise a particular word he says "and this one is especially important". He then goes on to explain the significance of that particular word.
John 8:56 (KJV): 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
All men live by every word which proceeded from God's mouth,
whether they believe in God or not. Is my belief.

But only those that believe will repent themselves to abide in His words.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words:
and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.

John 14:23

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;
I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:
and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

Hebrews 8:10

Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness,
and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

James 1:21

I believe he is alive in heaven.
I believe that he is in the grave awaiting the resurrection when Christ returns to establish his Kingdom 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8. Matthew 22:31-32,33 is speaking about the resurrection, not immortal souls in heaven. You forgot to mention verse 31.
All men live by every word which proceeded from God's mouth, whether they believe in God or not. Is my belief.
Getting back to John 8:56 where you dropped an important word "my day", when did Abraham see Jesus, or as I believe when did Abraham see Jesus' day - what was or is this day? You are like a barber, and trim what you do not like or agree with.

Kind regards
Trevor

I believe that he is in the grave awaiting the resurrection when Christ returns to establish his Kingdom 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8. Matthew 22:31-32,33 is speaking about the resurrection, not immortal souls in heaven. You forgot to mention verse 31.

Kind regards
Trevor
Christ came for me in 2004.
That's when I started entering into the kingdom.

Verily I say unto you,
There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death,
till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom.

Matthew 16:28

Getting back to John 8:56 where you dropped an important word "my day", when did Abraham see Jesus, or as I believe when did Abraham see Jesus' day - what was or is this day? You are like a barber, and trim what you do not like or agree with.
This was Abraham's day.

And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine:
and He was the priest of the most high God.
And He blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand.
And he gave Him tithes of all.

Genesis 14:18-20

Salem means peace.
Jesus is the King of Peace, and He is our high priest of the most high God.
Jesus is also the bread which came down from heaven, and His blood is the wine of heaven.
Yes?

But I say unto you,
I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine,
until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.

Matthew 26:29

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in His kingdom. Matthew 16:28
The Apostle Peter applies this to the transfiguration as a vision of what will happen when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom 2 Peter 1:16,17,18. Notice the link with Matthew 16:28 "coming in His kingdom".
This was Abraham's day.
Half a mo, Jesus is referring to his own day "my day" in John 8:56, not Abraham's day. Abraham looked forward to the day when Jesus would come, and open the way of salvation by his death and resurrection, and in viewing this in faith he rejoiced.

Kind regards
Trevor

The correct understanding of the Kingdom of God is an essential part of the Gospel Acts 8:5-6,12, 28:28-29,30-31. The return of Jesus to establish the Kingdom is the teaching of the OT, NT, Jesus and the Apostles 2 Timothy 4:1,6-7,8. Those that love his appearing will find a place in the Kingdom. Those that believe that their immortal soul goes to heaven at death will not receive the product of this false pagan hope.

Rather than Jesus and the apostles. It Jesus son of man, as a apostle the cheif prophet who brought the words of our Father in heaven .

How beautiful are the feet of those sent (apostles) shod with the gospel of peace.

Who or what make up the 144, 000 spoken of in Revelation. JW's teach its the descrete elders .

The Apostle Peter applies this to the transfiguration as a vision of what will happen when Jesus returns to establish the Kingdom 2 Peter 1:16,17,18. Notice the link with Matthew 16:28 "coming in His kingdom".

We are as ambassodors for Christ working in his kingdom .Its does not come by observing the termporal things seen.

The son of man Jesus finished demonstrating all the work of the father working with Jesus .The one time promised demonstration (three days and nights) is over .

The demonstration of the work of the father revealed the lamb of God slain from the foundation. . the 6 days the father did work .Not slain from the standpoint of the demonstration

.No more demonstrations are propmised . God is not a man.. . never was never could be.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more

No fleshy savoir.

Here is a really good website.
Had me reading for months, and it gave me a feel for what it was like back then.
We do not know Christ after the private interpretation as personal commentaries of men . Feeling are not loving laws .(sola scriptura)

Yes. Nothing has really changed, has it.
What did change was the government of God. The first century reformation did its work of restoring.

Search the foundation for kings in Isreal (a pagan foundation) called the abomination of desolation (kings in Isreal) why did it need reform? What kind of goverment was it restored to .

Makes a great study it can clear up much understanding . From my experince many do not ever acknowlegdeg the first century refomation the focus has ben moved by the god of this world to the 15th. Sola scriptura (all things written in the law and its testemony the prophets the final authority in matter of faith (the unseen will of the father in any generation or family were two or three gather under the power of His gospel or name .!

Note . . . (PURPLE) my offering or understanding.

Hebrews 9 :8-10 The Holy Ghost this signifying, (using the temporal things seen) that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:Which was a figure (parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

It was making God's sabbaths and standing in His tabernacles, that was my salvation.
Then and there is when the Lord gives me His flesh and blood.
One sabbath rest, our daily bread. . . that is if we mix faith the unseen eternal things of God with the temopal things seen.

No mixing no gospel rest (the power of God's faith ) working in us who have no power of our own living in dying bodies . .

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard

You do realize St Paul was present at His crucifixion.
When he was still Saul, of course.
Yes it was not untill later when he heard the gospel and believed God not seen .Previously he called the gospel a heresy or oral tradtion of men called a private interpretation. Previously as Saul murdering the misconcieved competion (flesh and blood) establihing the pagan foundation "out of sight out of mind" as in who believes in a eternal God not seen ? You shall surely not die The fall repeated .

But He told them...

Nevertheless I tell you the truth;
It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send Him unto you.

John 16:7
Yes in going away men as born again Christians could focus on the eternal words of the father. . the one source of Christian faith .

It would be impossible to serve two teaching masters as one Lord .The temporal flesh seen and the Holy anointing Spirit of God not seen .

Back