• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Our New Tongue

A brief change of subject:
For the past two years when I go out in public, I get a lot of strangers giving me compliments, and want to touch me; young and old. I am not offended, but I can't understand why. Recently one day while in public I got about ten compliments in about a half hour. Being a sixty five year old man I find this strange.
What are your thoughts on this matter?

For the past two years when I go out in public, I get a lot of strangers giving me compliments, and want to touch me; young and old. I am not offended, but I can't understand why. Recently one day while in public I got about ten compliments in about a half hour. Being a sixty five year old man I find this strange.
what kind of compliment?

Beware of flattery. :ROFLMAO:

what kind of compliment?
Things like, you look young for your age, I like your voice, I like your eyes, I like your hat. Things like that. Then recently I have had strange women want to hold my hand.

Before, if I got one compliment in a year that was about normal. And these people do not know me, they are strangers.

Maybe the pandemic has brought this about and people are lonely. What do you think?

Is that impossible without the grace of God needed to make it possible?
Sure. You can say it that way.

But even with the spirit of grace, if you will not lay His words up in you, as He said,
or you are not willing to be obedient to all God's word,
it will still be impossible. Won't it. Isa 1:19-20

I try to speak as plain as possible so everyone may understand me. Speaking in a poetic biblical way makes people think you have lost it.
Yes. Everyone thinks I have lost it. At least, that's what they say.
For wanting to use my new tongue that Jesus gave me. Ezek 2:7
But I take no thought for what people people think of me, but for what the Lord commands.

I let them cast their stones.
And I will pick up their stones, write upon them the laws and cast them right back. Deut 27:8
And the Lord praises me for doing that. Psa 111:10 & Rom 2:29

I had a similar strange thing like that happen to me since I was saved,
but not with people, but with wildlife, especially birds.
They do not get out of my way anymore when I am driving.
At least, not until I am right on top of them.
It forced me to change the way I drive, always have to be ready to hit the brakes, so I don't hit them.
And many times, after I had to slow down for a bird on the road, it saves me from running into a kangaroo around the next bend.

Back