• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Obedience to God and Jesus is not a requirement for salvation?

Thank you, Meshak.

I do agree with you, God the Father is our Saviour.
Jesus admitted it here...

but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give,
but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father.

Matthew 20:23b

and here...

No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him:
and I will raise Him up at the last day.

John 6:44

❤️
Then why did you say our obedience to Him will not save us?????????

that's what illigalists promoting.

"Obedience to God and Jesus is not a requirement for salvation" is anti-God and anti-Christ faith.

God and Jesus say to keep the commandments over and over in both OT and NT.
You apparently don't believe Paul.

"Obedience to God and Jesus is not a requirement for salvation" is anti-God and anti-Christ faith.

I would offer

The word keep must be defined using the word of God as it is used througout ,

To "keep"is to "guard" with all of one’s new heart and soul . Only God can keep it perfectly as he works in us to both reveal his will (the hearing of faith) and empower us to perform it to His good pleasure .

The better thing that acompanies salvation . receiving the end of the power to please God from the beginning .

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Hebrews 6:9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

It is why I believe we are called "keepers" or "watchers" Like Noah by faith he watched for the promise of the prophecy but knew not the day hour or year,

Hiding it from our watch not giving the last day under the sun we can keep watch

2 Kings 11:6And a third part shall be at the gate of Sur; and a third part at the gate behind the guard: so shall ye keep the watch of the house, that it be not broken down.

Genesis 3:24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Habakkuk 2:1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

Saying that it is not our obedience that saves us is not the same thing as saying "don't keep the commandments."

The Bible tells us that all our works of obedience and good works without union with Christ through faith are as filthy rags, because they come from wrong, therefore sinful, motives. It is the inner cleansing that we need, which comes only from Jesus and His perfect righteousness, which comes through faith in Him. By this faith which is a gift from God, we obtain this inner cleansing and the legal status of righteous before God. It is only then that obeying His commandments have value in our salvation. Obedience becomes a natural response of love and gratitude, rather than a means by which to get what we want----eternal life.

Who has a holier commandment than God?

And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law,
which I set before you this day?

Deuteronomy 4:8
The fact is, CF, you spiritualize many of God's commands and do them in your own unique way rather than the way God said to do it in the bible. This makes it convenient to claim that you obey God. If I also change God's commands to be more to my liking I too can be "perfect."

Legalists practice this as part and parcel of their works based religion. I used to be really good at this. Relative obedience is a cinch. This, of course, is the most popular from of religion on the planet today. The rules you pick and choose to interpret and fit to your own liking vs, SM, or Shak's is very different but the motive is the same: personal gain.

This comports with the natural flesh in that it is motivated to move from pain to pleasure, but it has no effect on selfishness: the root of evil.

Acts 26:15-18
Luke 10:16
So are you saying you believe that Paul actually heard a voice without seeing a man? Or do you believe he was just inspired to write that he heard a voice yet saw no man?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim 3:16

So are you saying you believe that Paul actually heard a voice without seeing a man? Or do you believe he was just inspired to write that he heard a voice yet saw no man?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim 3:16
I quoted scripture. What do you mean what am I saying? Quoting 2 Tim, answers your own question. Did he hear a voice without seeing a man? What does it matter? The voice said He was Jesus. Was Paul just inspired to write that he heard a voice yet saw no man? He didn't make it up because he was inspired to. He simply recorded what happened. What is in the scriptures is true.

The better question would be, if you could not figure out why I quoted it to Meshak in response to her denying the validity of Paul and his words, would be simply to ask why I quoted it.

Back