• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

Paul is explaining that no man will be justified by purification works anymore since Jesus.

Paul is saying the law never justified anybody.

The Jews used to do the purification works to purify themselves, to be clean before God. It justified them.

All those handwritten ordinances including purification rites were against them and contrary to them.
The law merely brought an awareness of sin no justification what so ever...

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
https://biblehub.com/kjv/romans/7.htm

That also includes the Ten Commandments...

King James Bible
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

20Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

Not everyone broke the law.

King James Bible
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

You don't get that grace unless you come to Jesus and repent of your sins and believe his blood purifies you instead of the blood of lambs.

Read it again.
There is nothing there about repenting or believing in blood purification.

King James Bible
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that scripture.

Simply what it says.
The world would not have sin if Jesus hadn't come and spoke to them.

King James Bible
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

You have to know that there are righteous people? The Bible says so. There just was no one so righteous that they were without any sin.
Nobody ever could be or ever can be righteous in God's sight, without God not imputing their trespasses unto them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup.
Ecclesiastes SAYS there is not a RIGHTEOUS man who does what is right and NEVER SINS. Ecclesiastes tells us that there ARE RIGHTEOUS men but none who NEVER sin.
You can't have it both ways.
Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinners just like the Gentiles.
Yup.
Nowhere in these passages or scriptures anywhere does it say none can believe on their own.
You'll have to chew up and swallow what I've already put forth before you can understand faith and belief.
In this same Ecclesiastes 7, Solomon tells us about wise men, righteous men, and about a man who pleases God. Solomon also tells us that he found one upright man among a thousand. The Bible tells us that there are people who want to do right.
King James Bible
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Moses and Aaron disobeyed God at the waters of strife we can understand that they were not moved by the spirit of Christ.
They robbed God of his glory and usurped it for themselves.
God in his infinite wisdom allowed it and gave water from the rock despite their thievery.
By striking the rock (Christ), instead of speaking to it (Him), Moses the lawgiver and his sidekick high priest Aaron signified they were murderers of the Messiah.

I understand your logic here, and I agree that this event certainly foreshadowed the truth that the Messiah would be killed by Priests who rejected God's Laws and Statutes. And certainly from the Priesthood "After Order of Aaron". But the Pharisees, the Children of the Devil, were not led to kill the Messiah because of what Moses did. In fact, according to Jesus' own Word's, had these frauds who killed Jesus listened to Moses in the first place, and believed what he said, they wouldn't have killed the Messiah. At least according to the Jesus of the Bible. And the Scriptures regarding God's Faithful servants Zacharias and his son John the Baptist, confirm this.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

And again;

Luke 16: 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Jesus isn't calling Moses a thief and murderer here. You are, But not Jesus. Jesus did call the Mainstream Preachers of His Time thieves, who had turned His Father's House, into a religious business. "And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Jesus also said;

Matt. 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes:(Not Thieves, Robbers who come to Kill and Destroy) and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

And again;

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And Stephen Said in the Spirit of Christ:

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Consider this scripture for a moment.

Mark 9: 2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them. 3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them. 4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

Jesus didn't choose Noah, not Job, not Abraham, not Jacob, None of these who came before Jesus. But He Chose Moses for the vision, who YOU are accusing of being a Robber and Thief, who came to Kill and Destroy, who was responsible for the murder of Jesus.

Personally I don't care one way or the other, I only strive to know the Truth according to Scriptures. And According to Scriptures, in John 10:, Jesus is speaking about the Shepherds who led His People astray. The Levite Priests and Pharisees who "corrupted the Covenant of Levi". Those mainstream preachers who "Taught for doctrines the Commandments of men", not God.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Jer. 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

I don't know how you can reconcile placing Moses and the rest of the Prophets in the same Judgment with the Pharisees and the Children of the devil. Someone has convinced you of this, and it simply is not true. At least according to the Holy Scriptures.

Ecclesiastes SAYS there is not a RIGHTEOUS man who does what is right and NEVER SINS. Ecclesiastes tells us that there ARE RIGHTEOUS men but none who NEVER sin.

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that swears, as he that is afraid to make an oath. Eccl 9:2

Considering the 5th verse, wherein it is written, 'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.', what do you believe is that one event that comes to all alike to both the perfect man and the righteous man?

Yet the two statements are both true,

For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not. Eccl 7:20

There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.Eccl 8:14

Consider Ezek 18:29

Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. Ezek 18:26-27

Paul is saying the law never justified anybody.
That is not what Paul is saying. The purification works were the only way a person could justify themselves before God. God commanded those works.

OLD LAW JUSTIFICATION WORKS: The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.
Those are the purification/ceremonial works of the law.

GOSPEL JUSTIFICATION: Faith that Jesus does the cleaning, purifying for us now, and that is after we repent of our sins and believe that his shed blood on the cross washes those sins away. We are to die to the sins of the world and promise to live to please Jesus.

The old law way to justification---to a sanctification, to a washing was by a literal washing with water and from a diet and blood of animals.

The new way is by faith in Jesus sanctifying us, his blood washing us.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Jesus teaches us how to get that justification/washing/sanctification. He tells us it is by humbling yourself and confessing your sins.

Luke 18:13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be 4 humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

All those handwritten ordinances including purification rites were against them and contrary to them.
The law merely brought an awareness of sin no justification what so ever...

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

It was against the people because the people lived doing those works. However, faith that Jesus justifies/sanctifies/washes us is done now.

That also includes the Ten Commandments...

King James Bible
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

20Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

King James Bible
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
You think the Ten Commandments is a too heavy of a yoke?

Do you know it is called the Royal Law, with Jesus being the Sabbath Rest?

The Royal Law is not gone.
Read it again.
There is nothing there about repenting or believing in blood purification.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world---by his blood, shed on the cross. You don't know that the blood of animals were given as a shadow and teaching tool about Jesus one day coming to die for us?
Simply what it says.
The world would not have sin if Jesus hadn't come and spoke to them.

King James Bible
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Nobody ever could be or ever can be righteous in God's sight, without God not imputing their trespasses unto them.
That is so not true. That is just a talking point from your false teachers.

I can give you many scriptures explaining how anyone and everyone who obeys God was called righteous.

Yup.

Yup.

You'll have to chew up and swallow what I've already put forth before you can understand faith and belief.

King James Bible
The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

That scripture you quoted is about what Jesus says about repenting of our sins to be saved.

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that swears, as he that is afraid to make an oath. Eccl 9:2

Considering the 5th verse, wherein it is written, 'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.', what do you believe is that one event that comes to all alike to both the perfect man and the righteous man?
Ecclesiastics is written with the thought of if there was no God. We know that those prophets in the Old Testament believed in the resurrection of the dead, so we know that there will be a reward.

It's weird to watch you two argue about how the law and what laws justify.
Considering Paul said there is no such thing.

Well, actually Paul did, it's just that modern religions don't teach what he teaches.

Rom. 1:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Jesus said this same thing in Matt. 19 to the rich man. He asked Jesus "which law?", meaning, do I inherit eternal life because the Levite Priest cleansed me with the blood of an animal, according to the "Works of the Law" of Justification? Or are you speaking to the commandments, Statutes and Laws Abraham obeyed, that God furthered on to Abraham's children?

Jesus told him, which Law. God's Commandments and Statutes. Paul understood this separation, and distinction, but most modern religions have been taught not to separate them, as the Traditions of the Pharisees also did.

King James Bible
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
One has only to look at the Laws of God given to His People through Moses to see what "Works" were required before forgiveness was given in the old covenant/priesthood. Paul understood the difference between God's Laws for the people, and the Temporary Priesthood "Law of Works" "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham obeyed Gods Commandments, Statutes, and Laws.

Rom. 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. (The New, Prophesied High Priest "After the Order of Melchizedek". Paul shows this separation in the verse below.)

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? (Same question the rich man asked Jesus) of works? (Do I take a goat to the Levite Priest according to the "works of the Law" of forgiveness given by Moses?)
Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified (Forgiven) by (The Law of) faith without the deeds of the law. (of works)

This is why both Paul and Jesus walked in the Commandments of God, but neither partook in the sacrificial "works of the Law" given in the Covenant God made with Levi.

This understanding is confirmed by asking a simple question. "In the Law and Prophets, what were the DEEDS required by Law necessary for the High Priest of God to forgive sins?

This is the Law the Pharisees, or their version of it, were still promoting, even though the Prophesied New High Priest has already come.

It's right there for anyone to read and understand. It's just that modern religions are still promoting so many of the tradition of the Pharisees who who rejected and ignored God's instructions and Prophesies in the Law and Prophets. But Paul doesn't do that. As He also says.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that (Grace) not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of (Man's Works) works, lest any man should boast. There was a GREAT Work which was absolutely necessary for our Salvation, it just wasn't the work of Men.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

But as God Prophesies through Jeremiah, the religions of this world refused this "Way of the Lord" and created their own Path, which is walked by "many".;

Jer. 6:16 Thus saith the LORD,(Who became Flesh) Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Same thing both Paul and Jesus teaches.

But they said, We will not walk therein.

As it is to this day.

Romans 3
9What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin.

10As it is written:

There are a lot of translations these days, But this ASV translation you used doesn't accurately describe Paul's message here, in my view. Most other translations do, and The KJV is closer.

Rom. 3:8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

So Paul is speaking about Jesus who had the Oracles of God, but didn't believe them, who are Falsely accusing Paul of teaching, "Let us do evil, that good may come". These were already condemned by Paul in Roman's 2.

Rom. 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, (Whose Damnation is Just) of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise (Paul is under the same rules as they are) : for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they (Those Jews who were falsely accusing Paul. whose damnation is Just) are all under sin;

There are deceivers out there who are Preaching to the world, that even after over 14 Years since Jesus Ascended, HIS Sacrifice was not able to cleanse even ONE, No not one. And that even after Jesus offered HIS Life to atone for the sins of everyone who would place their Faith in Him, Paul, and the believers of Jesus were still all under Sin. That there was not one, who put on the New Man. That Paul and the Stephen who was murdered, and all those who gathered at Pentecost, were ALL still under Sin.

This is a doctrine of the devil my friends. Paul did not say that "We are all under sin", He said "THEY", those whose damnation was Just, are all still under sin. And he chose Psalms 5 and 14 to support his belief.

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The deceivers preach that even 14 years after Jesus Ascended, Paul,the New Converts, the Gentiles who asked that Moses be read to them on the Next Sabbath, Stephen, Peter, the entire Body of Christ at this time, 14 years after Jesus ascended, never sought God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

The deceiver preaches that the entire Body of Christ's throats are an open sepulcher, whose tongues are used for deceit even 14 years after Jesus ascended,

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Paul tells folks later that we are all "NOT under Sin, but under Grace". But here, the deceiver is trying to persuade you and I that the Body Of Christ is no different than those who falsely accused Paul.

Paul chose Psalms 5 and 14 because he and David were teaching the exact same thing, inspired by the Spirit of Christ. If you would just look at the Scriptures for yourself in Faith, you would see this as well.

Ps. 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

Who are God's People here? Are they Fools who say there is no God? Are they "children of men, or children of God? Are they "Workers of Iniquity? No, this is speaking of two different people. The Children of men and the Children of God. Read for yourself.

5 There were they in great fear: Who is the they here? God's People, Yes? Please answer my prudent and relevant questions here. for God is in the generation of the righteous.

But the deceiver says God was not able to bring even ONE sinner into righteousness, No not one. It preaches through the religions of this world, that "no one", not God's Examples of Faith He gave us, not the Body of Christ, not Abraham, not Caleb, not Zacharias, no not one, was brought by God into Righteousness..

Don't listen to them my friend, do not join them in shaming the council of the poor.

6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge.

So David, in the Spirit here, like Paul, is pointing our that those who have God's Oracles, but don't believe them, yet are still accusing Paul of Sin, are bad folks with no righteousness at all, even though they come in the Lord's Name..

Psalms 5: 8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; (Whose Damnation is Just) make thy way straight before my face.

9 For there is no faithfulness in their (David's Enemies) mouth; their (David's Enemies) inward part is very wickedness; their (David's Enemies) throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

10 Destroy thou them, (David's Enemies) O God; let them (David's Enemies) fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.

Don't let the deceivers convince you that neither God, nor His Son Jesus, were able to bring even ONE, NO NOT ONE, believer into righteousness

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

See for yourself if these scriptures are not telling a TRUTH. Shall we not "SEEK the Kingdom of God First, and HIS Righteousness?

Don't let the "other voices" in the garden God placed us in, deceive you. Don't follow me or any man. Examine the Scriptures for yourself.

Again, it is your misunderstanding that I said people are shadows. I also don't know how you got that I said God's commands don't have to be followed exactly and where you got that people can do the Levitical priests work.

You said the Levitical Priesthood was a Priesthood in which men Purified themselves. I was posting Scriptures for your review and examination in the hopes that you might see this is not a true statement. Men have never been able to "purify themselves", at least according to the Scriptures. Please don't be so defensive here, I'm not trying to condemn or insult. I am just pointing out something you said which is not based on Scriptural truth, and provided Scriptures for you to see this for yourself. I though you would want to know.
Not everyone broke the law.

I would agree that not everyone remained children of disobedience, that there are those who repented and submitted to God fully. But other than Jesus, can you show any scriptural evidence to support your teaching here?

I have no idea how you think I have failed to do something you were expecting.

I am posting Scriptures and seeking an honest examination and discussion about them. I was hoping you might address the Scriptures I posted. So far, you have not, but i still have hope.
God said to be circumcised in the flesh. That was a command from God. Circumcision in the flesh was the sign for the Old Covenant.

I posted Paul's word's for our examination and discussion, as well as God's Words. I was hoping for a discussion regarding the Scriptures I posted about Circumcision. Paul says "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh."

So just like God's Law which speaks about OXEN, is not only for those who actually have a farm with Oxen, but also for "our sake's no doubt". I believe God's Circumcision Law has meaning as well, and I posted God's Word in which HE commands us to ":circumcise the foreskins of our hearts". I thought it would be a good discussion evaluating what God's reason is for the Command, as it is pretty clear to me He doesn't care about Foreskins. But if you don't want to discuss the Scriptures surrounding this topic, you certainly don't have to.

I have no idea what your point is.

You said.

"they had to do various external washings, they had to adhere to dietary law, they had to observe special days, and they had to bring offerings, and animals to the priests."

You are combining God's Laws for the People, (God's Creation of Clean and unclean, and His Holy Feasts,") with God's Priesthood "works of the Law" for forgiveness, specifically given in HIS Covenant with Levi. ("they had to bring offerings, and animals to the priests") I posted the relevant scriptures for your review and examination which shows a separation between God's Laws for the People which define SIN, and the "Works" necessary for those who Sinned. But so far, no discussion regarding them.

The Levitical priesthood and all the purification works were a shadow and teaching tool about Jesus.

It was part of the purification works the people who belonged to God had to do.

Yes, they couldn't Purify themselves, they were required to go to the Appointed Priest, confess their sins, and bring various repentance offerings. Before Jesus, it was to be specifically a Levite Priest, but after Jesus came, HE became the High Priest of God. So now we offer our repentance to HIM. The Jews couldn't accept this, even though the Scriptures told them. Paul mentions this is Romans 3. The had the Oracles of God, but didn't believe what was written.

There were many things that were a shadow of Jesus, even the Sabbath day rest, which came before the law as given to Moses in the desert.

The Sabbath day is not a show of Jesus Sacrifice and Atonement. The Sabbath Day is a sign between God and His People that Jesus and His Apostles walked in. The Scriptures I posted show that according to the Bible, it was the Priesthood and it's duties, that were the "Pattern"/Shadow of the Lord's Christ. I posted the Scriptures for our examination which I believe shows this.

The Passover did not happen before the Passover. The Passover happened before the people left to go to the desert with Moses.

Yes, before God made His Covenant with Levi, HE gave His People, His Holy Feast called Passover, that Jesus and His Apostles walked in. It wasn't a Priesthood duty, No Levite Priest was required. Passover was not a LAW of the Levitical Priesthood, rather, a Law for the People that I believe even Abraham observed. I posted the Scriptures for your review and examination.

That is a prophecy of what God would do for us one day through Jesus.

Yes, Passover is a "shadow" of what is yet to come, if our 2 door posts (Works, Walk) and our lintel (Mind) shows the Blood of the Passover Lamb of God, then the death angel will pass over us. That is my hope.

I am missing nothing.

1 Sam. 8-14. King Saul tried to purify himself by offering the sacrifices without an appointed Priest. It cost him his kingdom. Paul said this was written for our admonition. We need God's appointed High Priest for Salvation. We did before Jesus, and we still do after HE ascended. I posted the scriptures for your review.
I already explained that to you how the priests had their duties and the people had to work at purifying themselves too. You are choosing to act as if I said something I didn't.
"Not the same gospel though about being purified through Jesus, because the message that Moses taught from God was for them to purify themselves."

This is not true. The Jews under Moses were purified through God's Priesthood, by God's High Priest. They brought their sin offering, "according to the Priesthood Law".

Today, we are still purified through God's Priesthood, by God's High Priest. His true believers bring Him their Repentance, they offer themselves a living sacrifice to God, as opposed to the animal sacrifices required under the Priesthood after the "Order of Aaron". It is the Priesthood that changed, God's Spiritual Instructions, which Paul said was written specifically for those who are alive after Jesus Ascended, still define sin. As Zacharias, Simeon and Anna, all knew.

The observance of special days was a command of God's as given to Moses.
Yes, it is a Commandment of God that the early Church of Jesus observed.

We don't work at purifying ourselves anymore, for faith in Jesus' blood is what purifies us now of the sins we repented of doing.

We were never required to Purify ourselves. Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world. WE have always been required to give our offerings to God's High Priest as the scriptures I posted for our review and examination show. We do "work" to put on the New Man. We do "work" to "Yield ourselves to God" as Paul teaches. We "work" to resist the devil, and "Put on the Armor of God". Here is Paul's own Word's on what he teaches both Jew and Gentile for your review

2 Cor. 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Acts 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and "do" works meet for repentance.

These are the offering of the New Priesthood.. WE don't partake in the religious Traditions of men, rather, we partake in the "Good Works" God before ordained that we should walk in them, as Paul teaches..

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Rom. 2: 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

We are to our bring our Sin/trespass offerings to God in Faith, through His Anointed Priest, the Jesus of the Bible, In the same way the people in the OT brought their Sin/trespass offerings to God, in Faith through His Anointed Priest Aaron and his sons..

I have posted the Scriptures for your review.

We no longer need priests, for the saved are priests, and we no longer need a high priest, for Jesus is our High Priest. We also no longer need a temple, for we are the temple.

If Jesus is God's High Priest, and I believe HE is, then I will always need Him, in this life and the next. I agree that man made shrines of worship with preachers in the chief seats of the house, are religious traditions of men that the Pharisees partook of, and modern religions have also adopted.

You really want to deny that the people had to do works to be clean and justified before the Lord?

I believe what the Scriptures say, all of them. And I have posted "many" for your review and examination. My contention with your religious philosophy is that you are trying to promote the false religious belief that God created a Priesthood in which a man could purify himself.

This is not taught in the Holy Scriptures. Therefore it is not true Biblically. I hope you might consider the Scriptures i post, and be corrected on this point as it is dangerous to hold on to such leaven.

Psalms 51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Ez. 36:24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jesus Himself said;

Mark 8:34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and (WALK) follow me.

Woops, 1Mind1Spirit, A typo

"So Paul is speaking about Jesus who had the Oracles of God,"

corrected sentence.

"So Paul is speaking about the Jews who had the Oracles of God,"

Sorry 'bout that.

Back