• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

Ecclesiastics is written with the thought of if there was no God.
How you draw that conclusion is beyond me, but the question I asked was "what do you believe is that one event that comes to all alike to both the perfect man and the righteous man?"
We know that those prophets in the Old Testament believed in the resurrection of the dead,
Resurrection or resuscitation?

32 And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
33 He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the LORD.
34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.

2 Kings 4

so we know that there will be a reward.
If you know then you shouldn't have any problem answering the question regarding the one event that comes to all alike...

Simple.
Yore the one who says I'm saying let us sin that good may come.

If this was true, and it isn't, So What in your religious philosophy? You are preaching that Jesus, and David, and Paul are promoting a religious doctrine that there isn't any difference between the Body of the Christ of the Bible, and the Children of the devil. You are preaching there is no "Generation of the Righteous", nor has there been even ONE, No not one, whose "refuge is the Lord". All I'm pointing out is that this philosophy, though popular in the religions of this world, is not taught in the Holy Scriptures.

No sir. I'm posting Scriptures for our review and examination to "Test" and "Prove" a religious doctrine you are promoting. These Scriptures, and there are volumes of them, indicate that you are promoting a religious philosophy that Jesus Himself, and His Father, doesn't promote. The same way the Pharisees, the mainstream preachers of Paul's time, falsely accused Paul of promoting doctrines he didn't promote, and also those children of men, and "workers of iniquity" who were vexing (eating up) the "Generation of the righteous", "whose refuge is the Lord", in Ps. 45, and the enemies of God who were vexing Paul in Psalms 5, that Paul quoted to make his point.

I posted the scriptures themselves and attempted to engage with you regarding them, as it is my understanding, according to Scriptures, that THEY are written and inspired by God Himself, for doctrine, Correction, and instruction in righteousness.

I use the Scriptures to point this out, because that is how Jesus and His Apostles reasoned with the mainstream preachers of their time, and that is how Paul, in Romans 3, is exposing those mainstream preachers of his time who were "eating up God's People". Those religious zealots who "Had the Oracles of God", but didn't believe them, "whose Damnation was Just".

But you refuse to discuss them, examine them, or even acknowledge them. I asked once, I'll ask again. Why would you do such a thing?

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. 39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

These are the "Generation of the Righteous" that you preach to the world do not exist. These are the people who you accuse of being Robbers, Thieves, who were sent by God to Kill and Destroy. these are those men who you accuse;

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 15 Their feet are swift to shed blood: 16 Destruction and misery are in their ways: 17 And the way of peace have they not known: 18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

I'll ask you another question you won't answer. Who else accuses them?

There is a difference between the righteous and the wicked. Just because you have been convinced there isn't, doesn't make it so.

Mal. 3:13 Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?

14 Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?

15 And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.

16 Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

There is a difference between those men who serve God and those who serve Him not 1M1S. Just because someone has convinced you otherwise, doesn't make the Scriptures wrong.

There is a difference between those men who serve God and those who serve Him not 1M1S. Just because someone has convinced you otherwise, doesn't make the Scriptures wrong.
Done said 'bout all I can to you.
Go back and read and understand.

How is it you don't understand that God used sinful men until He sent His Son?

True, He used sinful man. He also used men HE called Righteous. At least according to the Word's of the Jesus of the Bible.

Matt. 13:17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

And HE knew the Robbers and Thieves who came to kill and Destroy would accuse and murder these Prophets and Righteous men, at least according to the Jesus of the Bible.

Matt. 23: 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

But you are preaching to the world that there is no one righteous, no not one.

One of these Righteous men who got to see what His Disciples saw was Zacharias.

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

And Simeon;

Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Matt. 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matt. 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

But you are implying, in the religious philosophy you are promoting, that Jesus is lying here. Luke is lying. God lied about Abraham. David lied in the Psalms. Hebrews 11 is a lie.

I wish you would reconsider this religious philosophy, that Abraham, Moses, Caleb, Zacharias, John the Baptist, and all the other Faithful examples of men in the Bible, were nothing but robbers and thieves, who God Sent to Kill and Destroy. Not because Jack Van Emp, or Tilton, or Jimmy Swaggart says so, but because the Word's of the Christ of the Bible Himself says so.

Peter began to see that right outta the gate.
Luke 5:8
8When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

Yes, Jesus' Father sent Jesus to Peter, "while he was yet in sin" just as God sent Moses to save Abraham's Children, while they were yet in Egypt.

Done said 'bout all I can to you.
Go back and read and understand.

LOL, Read what? Your words? Or the Scriptures i posted that you refuse to acknowledge?

I agree with Jesus on these Scriptural disagreements like the one we are having.

Luke 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

How can a man hear Moses and the Prophets, if some Voice in the garden God placed him is, has convinced him Moses and the Prophets are Thieves and Robbers, who God sent to Kill and Destroy?

I'm done here as well.

What scripture did you give says God purified the Jews in the old testament?

Because you are claiming something I don't believe and I didn't say.

Is this a joke?

What?

God gave the works of the law for the Jews to do themselves.
God didn't purify anyone until Jesus.

Christ is the lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world (6 days that he did literal work out His plan ) Not from the shadow as a one time demonstration that points to the eternal . The demonstration of the lamb of God beginning in the garden of Gethsemane, moving to the cross and finally the tomb was over when Jesus said . . It is finished. Jesus the Christ not Jesus the Son of man as shadow purified Abel in Genesis having favor on him and not Cain . The first recorded apostle and martyr .

Carnal ordinances used in ceremonies as shadow of the eternal not seen in parables .They cannot not not bring a person any closer to God whether they performed them or not .

God is not served by corrupted human hands as a will. The first century reformation came more than 2 thousand years ago .The shadow became sight

A person must rightly divide between the moral law and the shadows as ceremonies

Hebrews 10 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. ...

How you draw that conclusion is beyond me, but the question I asked was "what do you believe is that one event that comes to all alike to both the perfect man and the righteous man?"
You were talking about the scripture about after a person dies there is no more reward.

However, even in the Old Testament we are told there will be a reward, at the resurrection of the dead.
Resurrection or resuscitation?
The Bible says resurrection. Do you have a problem with what the Bible says/
If you know then you shouldn't have any problem answering the question regarding the one event that comes to all alike...
It looks like you are the one with a problem.

Christ is the lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world (6 days that he did literal work out His plan ) Not from the shadow as a one time demonstration that points to the eternal . The demonstration of the lamb of God beginning in the garden of Gethsemane, moving to the cross and finally the tomb was over when Jesus said . . It is finished. Jesus the Christ not Jesus the Son of man as shadow purified Abel in Genesis having favor on him and not Cain . The first recorded apostle and martyr .
Jesus didn't get slain before he came to earth and was slain.

You misunderstand that scripture.

Here are better translations:

Revelation 13:8 NET Bible and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

New Heart English Bible All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life of the Lamb who has been killed.

New American Standard 1977 And all who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

American Standard Version And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, every one whose name hath not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that hath been slain.

Darby Bible Translation and all that dwell on the earth shall do it homage, [every one] whose name had not been written from [the] founding of [the] world in the book of life of the slain Lamb.

There is no such thing as Jesus being slain twice.

Jesus died ONCE and for ALL.

It is the BOOK AND THE PLAN OF SALVATION that was written before the foundation of the world.

Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Carnal ordinances used in ceremonies as shadow of the eternal not seen in parables .They cannot not not bring a person any closer to God whether they performed them or not .
The people had to do the works of the law, which are the purification works. Those are the works of the law. The people were commanded to do them. Not obeying God and doing them made one an enemy of God. It was why the Gentiles were called enemies.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

You were talking about the scripture about after a person dies there is no more reward.

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that swears, as he that is afraid to make an oath. Eccl 9:2

I said considering what was written in the 5th verse, what did you think what that one event that comes alike to all....
The Bible says resurrection. Do you have a problem with what the Bible says/
I don't know, do you believe everything you read?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:25

It looks like you are the one with a problem.
That might be why it is written Jesus said to judge not according to appearance; but I digress. However, I don't know how I could have asked the question any clearer,. You can read again, I even am providing you with the link to the POST in which I asked the question.

I just averred to the 5th verse to show how it relates to what is written in Matthew 5:48 that Jesus said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." and what Paul wrote in 2 Cor 13:11, 'Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.'

Jesus didn't get slain before he came to earth and was slain.

You misunderstand that scripture.

Here are better translations:

Revelation 13:8 NET Bible and all those who live on the earth will worship the beast, everyone whose name has not been written since the foundation of the world in the book of life belonging to the Lamb who was killed.

New Heart English Bible All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the Book of Life of the Lamb who has been killed.

New American Standard 1977 And all who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain.

American Standard Version And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, every one whose name hath not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that hath been slain.

Darby Bible Translation and all that dwell on the earth shall do it homage, [every one] whose name had not been written from [the] founding of [the] world in the book of life of the slain Lamb.

There is no such thing as Jesus being slain twice.

Yes I agree slain once, His Spirit and power demonstrated outwardly to the whole world once thousands of years later

Revelation 13:7-9King James Version And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from (or since) the foundation of the world.(6 days) If any man has an ear, let him hear.

Since or from the foundation, neither exceeds the six days he did work

The 7th day he rested from all (6 days of work)

Chapter 3:15 uses a parable that looks ahead to the demonstration of the lamb slain the seed of the woman (bride church) .

Chapter 3:15 is represented again in Isaiah 53 the father striking the Son bruising his heel and his heel crushing the head of the father of lies.

That demonstration in the garden of Gethsemane, the cross ,and the tomb over .(the father and Son working as one) .

Before the Son of Man left he left clear instruction that we do not know the lamb of God slain from or since the foundation the foundation any more after the flesh what the eyes see . The one time promised demonstration was all that was needed as the testimony of the law. God is not a man as us.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more

Yes I agree slain once, His Spirit and power demonstrated outwardly to the whole world once thousands of years later

Revelation 13:7-9King James Version And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from (or since) the foundation of the world.(6 days) If any man has an ear, let him hear.

Since or from the foundation, neither exceeds the six days he did work

The 7th day he rested from all (6 days of work)

Chapter 3:15 uses a parable that looks ahead to the demonstration of the lamb slain the seed of the woman (bride church) .

Chapter 3:15 is represented again in Isaiah 53 the father striking the Son bruising his heel and his heel crushing the head of the father of lies.

That demonstration in the garden of Gethsemane, the cross ,and the tomb over .(the father and Son working as one) .

Before the Son of Man left he left clear instruction that we do not know the lamb of God slain from or since the foundation the foundation any more after the flesh what the eyes see . The one time promised demonstration was all that was needed as the testimony of the law. God is not a man as us.

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more
My friend sorry to interrupt, how you mean "yet now henceforth know we him NO more"? Are you crazy? Stop plucking verses here and there!! Go read John 14!! And then 17!! John 17 was special wrote for you pluckers of verses here and there!!

"MY LORD HAVE MERCY!!"

Back