• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

My friend sorry to interrupt, how you mean "yet now henceforth know we him NO more"? Are you crazy? Stop plucking verses here and there!! Go read John 14!! And then 17!! John 17 was special wrote for you pluckers of verses here and there!!

"MY LORD HAVE MERCY!!"

Well course we know him, yoked with him our burden is made lighter with a future living hope beyond the grave.

The know you no more has to do with the temporal flesh (what the eyes see) used to demonstrate the promise of our new incorruptible bodies that will not lust after sin. That will occur on the last day under the Sun .No son of God (Christians) has received it as the bride of Christ, the church .

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Well course we know him, yoked with him our burden is made lighter with a future living hope beyond the grave.

The know you no more has to do with the temporal flesh (what the eyes see) used to demonstrate the promise of our new incorruptible bodies that will not lust after sin. That will occur on the last day under the Sun .No son of God (Christians) has received it as the bride of Christ, the church .

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
But it doesn't mean that we not knowing Jesus Christ anymore. What we don't know exactly is what God has prepared for us. But Jesus I know Him perfectly. Because He is living in my by HIS Holy Spirit. Not another god holy spirit that I don't know who that thing is.

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that swears, as he that is afraid to make an oath. Eccl 9:2

I said considering what was written in the 5th verse, what did you think what that one event that comes alike to all....

I don't know, do you believe everything you read?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. John 5:25

That might be why it is written Jesus said to judge not according to appearance; but I digress. However, I don't know how I could have asked the question any clearer,. You can read again, I even am providing you with the link to the POST in which I asked the question.

I just averred to the 5th verse to show how it relates to what is written in Matthew 5:48 that Jesus said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." and what Paul wrote in 2 Cor 13:11, 'Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.'
You quoted Ecclesiastes where Solomon says the dead have no more reward. However, we know the dead do still have a reward coming. So, since the dead will have a reward one day at the resurrection, it is logical and good reasoning to understand that saying the dead have no more reward is about imagining a life without God.

But it doesn't mean that we not knowing Jesus Christ anymore. What we don't know exactly is what God has prepared for us. But Jesus I know Him perfectly. Because He is living in my by HIS Holy Spirit. Not another god holy spirit that I don't know who that thing is.

Yes it means we do not know him by looking at the temporal things seen (flesh and blood) as the corrupted things of this whole creation, dying leading toward death never to rise to new life.

We do have 20/20 tool needed to mix faith and make it possible to discover the hidden gospel understanding in parables .according to the wonderful prescription he has freely given below . Again those parables teach how to walk by the understanding of a unseen God yoked with him he makes or burden lighter .

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Again in that way learning how to mix faith (the unseen things of God) with the temporal historical seen. We can rest in His sabbath yoked with him he makes or burden lighter .

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

You quoted Ecclesiastes where Solomon says the dead have no more reward. However, we know the dead do still have a reward coming. So, since the dead will have a reward one day at the resurrection, it is logical and good reasoning to understand that saying the dead have no more reward is about imagining a life without God.
It would appear to be the other way around. Alzheimer's is one of the plagues of dying living in a earthen body of death described in Chapter12. the diminishing of hearing, seeing, smelling others e.t.c.

Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Not our memory of them is forgotten .

Its testimony in chapter 12 . Remember by acting in accordance to

Ecclesiastics 12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain: In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened, And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

It would appear to be the other way around. Alzheimer's is one of the plagues of dying living in a earthen body of death described in Chapter12. the diminishing of hearing, seeing, smelling others e.t.c.

Ecclesiastes 9:4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Not our memory of them is forgotten .

Its testimony in chapter 12 . Remember by acting in accordance to

Ecclesiastics 12 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain: In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened, And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;
Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The dead will have a reward. Do you deny that or not?

However, we know the dead do still have a reward coming.

Well, if you know then what is your evidence? 1 Thess 5:21

Yet it is written in John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. And "seeing death' means that the person would not die. [See Luke 2:26]

So do you mean that if a person doesn't believe in the truth or just doesn't abide in the truth will know that have a reward in death, the cessation of life could be their reward since the great God that formed all things both rewards the fool, and rewards the sinner. Prov 26:10

So do you believe what is written in John 11...
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Of course you do because you know the dead have a reward because you believe you do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you know then what is your evidence? 1 Thess 5:21
You don't know the Bible says some will receive a reward at the resurrection of the dead?
Yet it is written in John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. And "seeing death' means that the person would not die. [See Luke 2:26]
I believe that after the death of our bodies our spirits live on in consciousness. I even have a thread on it. Maybe you would be interested in discussing more about it there. I have been giving many scriptures there.
So do you mean that if a person doesn't believe in the truth or just doesn't abide in the truth know they have a reward? The cessation of life could be their reward since the great God that formed all things both rewards the fool, and rewards the sinner. Prov 26:10

So do you believe what is written in John 11...
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Of course you do because you know the dead have a reward because you believe you do...
There are many people who believe in soul sleep. They don't believe we have a spirit that lives on in consciousness after the death of our bodies. I believe we do, and I give many scriptures prove it. However, those who say we don't live on after the death of our bodies with our spirit, they use Old Testament scriptures to say there is proof that we don't. They use a scripture in Ecclesiastes that says the dead have no more reward. However, we know the dead still have a reward because we believe in the resurrection.

Yes it means we do not know him by looking at the temporal things seen (flesh and blood) as the corrupted things of this whole creation, dying leading toward death never to rise to new life.

We do have 20/20 tool needed to mix faith and make it possible to discover the hidden gospel understanding in parables .according to the wonderful prescription he has freely given below . Again those parables teach how to walk by the understanding of a unseen God yoked with him he makes or burden lighter .

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Again in that way learning how to mix faith (the unseen things of God) with the temporal historical seen. We can rest in His sabbath yoked with him he makes or burden lighter .

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
I think that you didn't go and read before you coming again with your unbiblical thinking. If you don't know Jesus Christ, is not my problem.

But me!! I have see Jesus Christ in vision different times. I love the book of John. You didn't go read John 14 and 17, because if you have do it, then you have going plucking verses here and there to tried to make Jesus a liar. You already is calling Jesus a liar!!

Now I understand why you don't know Jesus!! Because you cannot follow and living the Words of God, begin by verse 1. Why? Because verse one and 2 always starts in the greeting of TWO person. Jesus Christ and His Father God.

I think that you didn't go and read before you coming again with your unbiblical thinking. If you don't know Jesus Christ, is not my problem.

But me!! I have see Jesus Christ in vision different times. I love the book of John. You didn't go read John 14 and 17, because if you have do it, then you have going plucking verses here and there to tried to make Jesus a liar. You already is calling Jesus a liar!!

Now I understand why you don't know Jesus!! Because you cannot follow and living the Words of God, begin by verse 1. Why? Because verse one and 2 always starts in the greeting of TWO person. Jesus Christ and His Father God.

You think I do not understand because you claim you had a vision even though it is impossibility .The Elect are warned before time if any man say lo is Christ I had a dream of vision I saw him in the dessert or another secret place we are commanded to beleive it not . The last new revelation after any manner of prophecy ends with a warning and 7 seals in the last chapter, Revelation. There has been no new revelations added or needed for over 2000 years

2 Colossians 18 Some people enjoy acting as if they are humble and love to worship angels. They always talk about the visions they have seen. Don’t listen to them when they say you are wrong because you don’t do these things. It is so foolish for them to feel such pride, because it is all based on their own human ideas.

The gospel is really easy to understand . God is not a man as us .

Whatttt? I want to hear about this.
If you truly believe that the Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ Himself by His Spirit, then you also will experience His presence and talk with you. Many years when that I was younger I saw Jesus Christ in my dreams. And before that I have grown in His Words, Jesus Christ told me that I must going to preach in the prison. At that time I start going to the Seventh-day Adventist Church with my friend. And through their teachings I have see the Biblical things.
One day they ask that they need man to enter in the prison with the women, I raised my hand automatically up. And from that time I go every week. After 1 year going in there I have give my first sermon. And then I preached more then 10 years. Sometimes after preaching in the prison, we are going to the prisoners family at their home and pray with their family, and give them also the gospel of God.

If someone now can go in the prison and preached there, they also will see great things that God doing in there.

Back