• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

You are committing the logical fallacy of equivocation.
No such thing what you claim.
We don't worship statues.
Not only do the Catholics bow before the works of their hands, they believe there is power in material objects.

The Holy Spirit is the third personal of the Trininty not the Second person.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
Also as I pointed out the Bible does not say Jesus is the only one who can intercede.
Jesus is the only one to go through to get to the Father. No such thing as going through Mary to get to the Father.
Moreover Paul writes to Timothy
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men,
That is about asking others to pray for you. That is not about praying to anyone to help them get to the Father.

No such thing what you claim.

Don't you know what the fallacy of equivocation is?
Not only do the Catholics bow before the works of their hands,
We don't worship statues

they believe there is power in material objects.
Would you like to give out all your gripes about the Catholic Church rather than drip feeding them in little bits?

And what sort of power do you mean?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father and not the Son. But all are God.
Are we going to go into the whole Trinity argument?

Jesus is the only one to go through to get to the Father. No such thing as going through Mary to get to the Father.

Where have a I said we can go through Mary to get to the father?
That is about asking others to pray for you. That is not about praying to anyone to help them get to the Father.

We ask Mary to pray for us.
Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee (from Lk 1:28)
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. (from Lk 1:42)
Holy Mary, (she is holy) Mother of God (a correct title)
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen (request for her intercession)

Don't you know what the fallacy of equivocation is?
Your argument about equivocation is the fallacy.

We are to obey Jesus. Jesus says don't call a brother 'father'. God says don't bow to the works of your hands. God says Jesus is the one we go through and no one else.
We don't worship statues
Catholics bow before the works of their hands, and we are told by God not to do that.
Would you like to give out all your gripes about the Catholic Church rather than drip feeding them in little bits?
That is just a worthless personal attack.
And what sort of power do you mean?
Catholics believe their is healing powers in objects made by hands.

The Holy Spirit is not the Father and not the Son. But all are God.
Are we going to go into the whole Trinity argument?
The Lord is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
We ask Mary to pray for us.
Hail Mary, full of grace, The Lord is with thee (from Lk 1:28)
Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. (from Lk 1:42)
Holy Mary, (she is holy) Mother of God (a correct title)
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen (request for her intercession)
Catholics pray to Mary.

God told us not to worship images. Catholics don't worship images.
God says not to bow before images. The Catholics do bow before images.
Do you mean the same sort of healing power as this?
"And God did extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, so that handkerchiefs or aprons were carried away from his body to the sick, and diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them" (Acts 19:11-12).
No one bowed before Paul's handkerchiefs and aprons. The Catholics bow before the material possession of their "saints".

God says not to bow before images. The Catholics do bow before images.
God says do not worship images.
Catholics do not worship images

No one bowed before Paul's handkerchiefs and aprons. The Catholics bow before the material possession of their "saints".
That is a completely different topic

Ref calling priests father - rather than reply here I'm going to start a new topic on it.

Where do you get that I said the people in the OT were a shadow of Jesus?

I wanted to show that God created instructions for the People, and HE also created instructions for the Levites who HE had separated unto Himself to administer before HIM in the Priest's Office. The People were forbidden to partake in the Duties of the Priesthood. They were "Separate Laws, for a Separated people. It was this Priesthood and it's duties who was to be the Shadow of Christ, not the people or the Law that God gave to them. Two Separate Laws. One, given to all of God's People from the very beginning, to Abraham and to Abraham's Children as promised, and another Law "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham, "Because of Transgression" till the Seed, (Jesus) should come, as Prophesied.

Duet. 10:8 At that time the LORD separated the tribe of Levi, to bear the ark of the covenant of the LORD, to stand before the LORD to minister unto him, and to bless in his name, unto this day.

9 Wherefore Levi hath no part nor inheritance with his brethren; the LORD is his inheritance, according as the LORD thy God promised him.

It was this "LAW" that the Jews were "bewitching" the New Converts with, as Paul tells us in Gal. 3. The Priesthood Law was to lead us to our True High Priest, the Lord's Christ. Not the ten commandments or Love your Neighbor as thyself. Following those Laws is what Righteousness is in the first place. It's when we find we have broken them, that leads us to a Priest for reconciliation. As Jesus said;

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. And where did the "sinner" take his repentance to before Jesus came? Was it not the Levite Priest, "After the Order of Aaron"? And who do we take our repentance to now? A High Priest, Yes? But not a Levite, rather, the High Priest of God "After the Order of Melchizedek".

In the Spirit of brotherly love, I posted several scriptures for your consideration and examination. I was hoping for an honest examination and discussion surrounding them. I still have this hope.

The Jews had to get circumcised in the flesh,

No, they were to be circumcised in the heart, which was the true meaning of this Spiritual Commandment. As God Himself tells us through Moses.

Duet. 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked. 17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

As Paul says;

1 Cor. 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

This is more than 14 years after the death and resurrection of the Christ and Paul is still promoting God's instructions, but not the duties and "Works" of the Levitical Priesthood.

Ask yourself here, "Does God care about foreskins", is that why HE gave the command? Or saith HE it altogether for our Sake's. For our sake's, that is, New Priesthood believers, no doubt this is written.

they had to do various external washings, they had to adhere to dietary law, they had to observe special days, and they had to bring offerings, and animals to the priests.

You are combining the 2 Laws together as one GT. I don't know if you are capable of accepting anything other than what you now believe, but I hope so. God's creation of Clean and unclean was given to the People, from the beginning. It was not a LAW of the Levitical Priesthood.

Gen. 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. 2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Lev. 11:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.

Lev. 11:45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. 46 This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: 47 To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.

I'm not going to argue with you about keeping or not keeping this commandment of God. I just want to point out the Biblical Fact that the "dietary" Law was not a Priesthood duty, or a Law given specifically for the Levite Priest. To believe it was, is to reject the Scriptures which clearly teach it was not. Jesus said "The Truth shall set you free". So from every translation, every available transcript of the Holy scriptures, the "law of beasts" was not a provision of the Levitical Priesthood "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham. I truly hope you will consider the scriptures here.

In the same manner, God gave His People HIS Feasts, and Sabbaths long before HE made a Covenant with Levi and Separated him for the Priesthood. The Holy Days are not part of the Levitical Priesthood "works of the law". At least according to the God of the Bible.

Lev. 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Again, these are not Laws, or instructions specifically for the Levite Priest. The Holy Days, just like "Thou shall Love thy neighbor as thyself", were written for the People. Even Abraham understood Passover.

Gen. 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

But Levi was not even born yet, therefore Abraham was Justified "apart from the Law" of justification "ADDED" 430 years after him.

It's right there in your own Bible my friend. It's a great study, but a Truth not accepted by the religions of this world.

Of course, and, Aaron's sons were killed because they made unauthorized fire to the LORD.. God's commands have to be kept exactly.

You are missing the point GT. King Saul, if you would look into it, was supposed to bring the offing, but wait for the Priest to perform the Priesthood duties. This is because a man can not "purify himself" in the Old Priesthood, and he can not "purify himself" in the New Priesthood. A Priest of God is required before atonement can be granted. This is simply Biblical Truth.

I posted the Scriptures in which God showed the Separation, Again, between obeying His Commandments, Statutes, and Laws, and the Sacrificial "works of the Law" required in the Levitical Priesthood for forgiveness.

It would be great if you would actually address the Scriptures i post, as i address yours, in this way it isn't you telling me what to believe, or me, telling you what to believe, but both allowing the Scriptures to influence our mind.

Abel gave an animal sacrifice to God, as did Noah, even on the ark, and Abraham gave animal sacrifices to God. We even have a glimpse of the way to salvation through Jesus, not yet known, though, when God told Abraham to sacrifice his son.
The scriptures also show us too that God had certain requirements and commands and decrees for Abraham to follow, even before Moses

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws.

Absolutely. But Levi wasn't born yet, And Paul said the Law that Abraham didn't have, was the one ADDED 430 year later "Because of Transgressions". Where was the Levite Priest on the Passover in Egypt? Where was the Covenant of Levi on that Passover, and Feast of Unleavened bread? Where was the Levitical Priesthood Covenant with Levi when God gave Israel HIS Sabbath?

There was no Levitical Priesthood yet GT. The Covenant God made with Levi to provide for the forgiveness of their sins had not yet even been given.

This Truth is not taught in the mainstream religions of this world, but it is right there for your consideration. All you have to do is believe what is written.

Again, you misunderstood me, for the people had to go through the priests; however, they also had to do works themselves, too, for purification.

So do we, Right? Are you not teaching to the world that we need to Obey God for Salvation? Can we do this Apart from the High Priest of God? Do we not bring Him the best of our possessions, a contrite heart, repentance, humility, submission, Trust? Are these not the Offerings worthy of our New High Priest? And Yet, we can not be purified on our own. We are required, just as those Israelite's who sinned, to bring our repentance, (sin offering) or as Paul calls it "Works worthy of Repentance" to the Lord's Christ?

Biblical Truth is important GT. It is wrong to say God created a Priesthood in which a man can "Purify himself". It isn't true, God never did any such thing, according to scriptures. Even Abraham brought his offerings to the High Priest of God.

Gen. 14:18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

GA will not engage in any form of actual discussion or examination of Scriptures which can not be used to promote his religious franchise, or religious philosophy he has been taught by the religions of this world. It is very frustrating to say the least.

I am hoping that we can engage in an open, honest conversation about the popular doctrines promoted by the religions of this world we were born into. One such doctrine is what the "Works of the Law" for justification were, that Paul speaks to.

Thanks for the discussion.

God says do not bow before the works of your hands. Catholics bow before the works of their hands.

Isaiah 2:8 (KJV)
Their land also is full of idols;
They worship the work of their own hands,
That which their own fingers have made:
Micah 5:13 (KJV)

Thy graven images also will I cut off,
And thy standing images out of the midst of thee;
And thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

Clearly the context is worship.
God says do not worship idols
We do not worship statues
Catholics do worship material possessions.

Prove it

I wanted to show that God created instructions for the People, and HE also created instructions for the Levites who HE had separated unto Himself to administer before HIM in the Priest's Office. The People were forbidden to partake in the Duties of the Priesthood. They were "Separate Laws, for a Separated people. It was this Priesthood and it's duties who was to be the Shadow of Christ, not the people or the Law that God gave to them.
Again, it is your misunderstanding that I said people are shadows. I also don't know how you got that I said God's commands don't have to be followed exactly and where you got that people can do the Levitical priests work.
The Priesthood Law was to lead us to our True High Priest, the Lord's Christ. Not the ten commandments or Love your Neighbor as thyself. Following those Laws is what Righteousness is in the first place. It's when we find we have broken them, that leads us to a Priest for reconciliation. As Jesus said;

Not everyone broke the law.
In the Spirit of brotherly love, I posted several scriptures for your consideration and examination. I was hoping for an honest examination and discussion surrounding them. I still have this hope.
I have no idea how you think I have failed to do something you were expecting.
No, they were to be circumcised in the heart, which was the true meaning of this Spiritual Commandment. As God Himself tells us through Moses.
God said to be circumcised in the flesh. That was a command from God.
Ask yourself here, "Does God care about foreskins", is that why HE gave the command? Or saith HE it altogether for our Sake's. For our sake's, that is, New Priesthood believers, no doubt this is written.
Circumcision in the flesh was the sign for the Old Covenant.
You are combining the 2 Laws together as one GT. I don't know if you are capable of accepting anything other than what you now believe, but I hope so.
I have no idea what your point is.
God's creation of Clean and unclean was given to the People, from the beginning. It was not a LAW of the Levitical Priesthood.
The Levitical priesthood and all the purification works were a shadow and teaching tool about Jesus.
I'm not going to argue with you about keeping or not keeping this commandment of God. I just want to point out the Biblical Fact that the "dietary" Law was not a Priesthood duty, or a Law given specifically for the Levite Priest.
It was part of the purification works the people who belonged to God had to do.
To believe it was, is to reject the Scriptures which clearly teach it was not. Jesus said "The Truth shall set you free". So from every translation, every available transcript of the Holy scriptures, the "law of beasts" was not a provision of the Levitical Priesthood "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham. I truly hope you will consider the scriptures here.
There were many things that were a shadow of Jesus, even the Sabbath day rest, which came before the law as given to Moses in the desert.
In the same manner, God gave His People HIS Feasts, and Sabbaths long before HE made a Covenant with Levi and Separated him for the Priesthood. The Holy Days are not part of the Levitical Priesthood "works of the law". At least according to the God of the Bible.

Lev. 23:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Again, these are not Laws, or instructions specifically for the Levite Priest. The Holy Days, just like "Thou shall Love thy neighbor as thyself", were written for the People. Even Abraham understood Passover.
The Passover did not happen before the Passover. The Passover happened before the people left to go to the desert with Moses.
That is a prophecy of what God would do for us one day through Jesus.
You are missing the point GT. King Saul, if you would look into it, was supposed to bring the offing, but wait for the Priest to perform the Priesthood duties.
I am missing nothing.
This is because a man can not "purify himself" in the Old Priesthood, and he can not "purify himself" in the New Priesthood. A Priest of God is required before atonement can be granted. This is simply Biblical Truth.
I already explained that to you how the priests had their duties and the people had to work at purifying themselves too. You are choosing to act as if I said something I didn't.
Absolutely. But Levi wasn't born yet, And Paul said the Law that Abraham didn't have, was the one ADDED 430 year later "Because of Transgressions". Where was the Levite Priest on the Passover in Egypt?
Where was the Covenant of Levi on that Passover, and Feast of Unleavened bread? Where was the Levitical Priesthood Covenant with Levi when God gave Israel HIS Sabbath?
The observance of special days was a command of God's as given to Moses.
So do we, Right? Are you not teaching to the world that we need to Obey God for Salvation? Can we do this Apart from the High Priest of God? Do we not bring Him the best of our possessions, a contrite heart, repentance, humility, submission, Trust? Are these not the Offerings worthy of our New High Priest? And Yet, we can not be purified on our own. We are required, just as those Israelite's who sinned, to bring our repentance, (sin offering) or as Paul calls it "Works worthy of Repentance" to the Lord's Christ?
We don't work at purifying ourselves anymore, for faith in Jesus' blood is what purifies us now of the sins we repented of doing.
We no longer need priests, for the saved are priests, and we no longer need a high priest, for Jesus is our High Priest. We also no longer need a temple, for we are the temple.
Biblical Truth is important GT. It is wrong to say God created a Priesthood in which a man can "Purify himself". It isn't true, God never did any such thing, according to scriptures. Even Abraham brought his offerings to the High Priest of God.
You really want to deny that the people had to do works to be clean and justified before the Lord?

Isaiah 2:8 (KJV)
Their land also is full of idols;
They worship the work of their own hands,
That which their own fingers have made:
Micah 5:13 (KJV)

Thy graven images also will I cut off,
And thy standing images out of the midst of thee;
And thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands.

Clearly the context is worship.
God says do not worship idols
We do not worship statues

Prove it
I will make a new thread on that.

But Levi was not even born yet, therefore Abraham was Justified "apart from the Law" of justification "ADDED" 430 years after him.
You really want to deny that the people had to do works to be clean and justified before the Lord?
It's weird to watch you two argue about how the law and what laws justify.
Considering Paul said there is no such thing.

King James Bible
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

King James Bible
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

King James Bible
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Q. What part of the law doesn't justify?
A. Paul says all of it.

King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

King James Bible
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Not everyone broke the law.
Yes everyone GT.

Romans 3
9What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin.

10As it is written:

“There is no one righteous,

not even one.

11There is no one who understands,

no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away,

they have together become worthless;

there is no one who does good,

not even one.”c

13“Their throats are open graves;

their tongues practice deceit.”d

“The venom of vipers is on their lips.”e

14“Their mouths are full

of cursing and bitterness.”f

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16ruin and misery lie in their wake,

17and the way of peace they have not known.”g

18“There is no fear of God

before their eyes.”h

19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

20Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

Have you two ever considered that God was not holding folk's sin against them when Jesus came?

King James Bible
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Then there's those Vipers included in the whole world that Jesus said would not have had sin if he hadn't come and spoken to them.

King James Bible
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's weird to watch you two argue about how the law and what laws justify.
Considering Paul said there is no such thing.

King James Bible
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

King James Bible
But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

King James Bible
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Paul is explaining that no man will be justified by purification works anymore since Jesus.

Q. What part of the law doesn't justify?
A. Paul says all of it.

The Jews used to do the purification works to purify themselves, to be clean before God. It justified them.
King James Bible
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
https://biblehub.com/kjv/romans/7.htm
King James Bible
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Yes everyone GT.

Romans 3
9What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin.

10As it is written:

“There is no one righteous,

not even one.

11There is no one who understands,

no one who seeks God.

12All have turned away,

they have together become worthless;

there is no one who does good,

not even one.”c

13“Their throats are open graves;

their tongues practice deceit.”d

“The venom of vipers is on their lips.”e

14“Their mouths are full

of cursing and bitterness.”f

15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;

16ruin and misery lie in their wake,

17and the way of peace they have not known.”g

18“There is no fear of God

before their eyes.”h

19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God.

20Therefore no one will be justified in His sight by works of the law. For the law merely brings awareness of sin.

Paul is quoting Psalm14:1-3; 53:1-3; and Ecclesiastes 7:20. Ecclesiastes SAYS there is not a RIGHTEOUS man who does what is right and NEVER SINS. Ecclesiastes tells us that there ARE RIGHTEOUS men but none who NEVER sin. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinners just like the Gentiles. Nowhere in these passages or scriptures anywhere does it say none can believe on their own. In this same Ecclesiastes 7, Solomon tells us about wise men, righteous men, and about a man who pleases God. Solomon also tells us that he found one upright man among a thousand. The Bible tells us that there are people who want to do right.

You have to know that there are righteous people? The Bible says so. There just was no one so righteous that they were without any sin.
Have you two ever considered that God was not holding folk's sin against them when Jesus came?

King James Bible
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
You don't get that grace unless you come to Jesus and repent of your sins and believe his blood purifies you instead of the blood of lambs.

Then there's those Vipers included in the whole world that Jesus said would not have had sin if he hadn't come and spoken to them.

King James Bible
If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with that scripture.

Back