• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Hello All

You know what - I didn't! I was actually writing them for future use. Did they "self-ban" as well??? Holy cow, I apparently offended someone Big Time without realizing I was offending anyone at all. It would have been nice to at least receive an explanation.

On StSteven's Eternal Security thread, I merely said that I could see the biblical basis of both positions but that both Once Saved Always Saved and Once Saved Not Always Saved have their potential downsides. I pointed out that someone might view OSAS as a "Get Out of Jail Free Card" but that such a view would be "pathological." APAK, who must be a foaming-at-the-mouth OSAS proponent, went into orbit at the suggestion that anyone could possibly view OSAS that way and proceeded to suggest I didn't know the Lord and needed to get saved. THAT was apparently OK with the moderators. I thought it was humorous at first, but apparently only I saw the humor.

My guess is that the "moderation," to use the term loosely, is so lax and haphazard that they never noticed my posts or blog AT ALL. When I reported APAK, someone snapped out of his or her moderating stupor and said "What is THIS lunatic doing here among True Believers like Beloved Brother APAK???" Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted ...
I believe that (this is just my belief) many, if not most, of the OSAS crew see it as a free ticket to sin if you desire. Their thinking is often: Jesus was crucified and our sins died with him on the cross, so it's party time! We can sin all we want because all of our sins, past, present and future are paid in full. In my mind, it's a sick, self-serving twist of scripture.

Now there's an interesting discussion to have.
Do you know how to launch a topic?

/
Even in my lukewarm Christianity, I can at least see the logic. If God were going to create humans and hold them accountable for their failings, the most perfect expression of His love would be to genuinely participate in their suffering by taking human form and offering them a divine/human solution to their predicament. Or something like that.
I believe that (this is just my belief) many, if not most, of the OSAS crew see it as a free ticket to sin if you desire. Their thinking is often: Jesus was crucified and our sins died with him on the cross, so it's party time! We can sin all we want because all of our sins, past, present and future are paid in full. In my mind, it's a sick, self-serving twist of scripture.
Just don't tell APAK or you'll find yourself self-banning so fast your head will be spinning! :D

I’m curious about what that could mean?

I’ve never heard of ‘self-banned.’

Was there a particular moderator who notified you?
Just to close the loop, here is the actual exchange that got kindly O'Darby banned. The points I thought were "just a bit" problematical under the forum rules prohibiting the questioning of another's Christianity are highlighted.

APAK:​
Just this type of carnal thinking, and arrogance, of raising such an irresponsible profound statement, alone, indicates to me you do not possess the Spirit of God and do not walk in it/him. You walk only under your own steam and in your own will.​
Kindly, genial O'Darby:​
Your reading comprehension skills appear to this observer to be Rather Limited. The portion of my post that appears to have sent you into a veritable Real Christian Tizzy makes pretty much exactly the opposite of the point you seem to think it's making.​
I said that for an OSAS believer to view his Eternal Security as some sort of Get Out of Jail Free card would be PATHOLOGICAL. You might look up the definition of the term.​
That being said, it is undeniable that one danger of the OSAS perspective is that post-conversion sin may be viewed less seriously than from the non-OSAS perspective. This point is emphasized by far more influential leaders and teachers than humble O'Darby. Google it if you dare.​
Since you're a "real" Christian who has been blessed with the gift of discerning that others like O'Darby "do not possess the Spirit of God" and "do not walk in it/him" (it/him???), this is of course not a problem for you. In fact, you're so Spirit-filled it should be completely immaterial whether OSAS or non-OSAS is correct. We may need a whole new acronym for folks like you.​
APAK:​
You are in need of salvation my friend. I do not envy the baggage you must be hiding. There is help if you request it.​

I don't want to start a big debate on the Hello Thread, but I think this is an unfair characterization of OSAS proponents.
Much more to say about this. But I'll hold my tongue for now.

Here are some threads I have already started here.

God Doesn't Hate Me

DECONSTRUCTION - re-evaluating your beliefs

Your spiritual rebirth story - An event, or a gradual experience?

/

Last edited:
Back