• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Hello All

I got invited to this forum by my good friend, Mr E.

A bit about me. I was raised a bad Catholic, became a Unitarian Universalist. That institution has been taken over by Pagans. I now consider myself a Biblical Unitarian but am no longer associated with the institution by that name.

I have 18 grandkids that take a fair amount of my time.

Big read, I like to delve into politics, philosophy, politics, history and science fiction. Look forward to having some good conversations here.
Hello all, I go by the user name Waiting on Him. I’ve attended many different denominations over the past 56 years, and am currently searching for a Christian narrative that makes sense.

Hello all, I go by the user name Waiting on Him. I’ve attended many different denominations over the past 56 years, and am currently searching for a Christian narrative that makes sense.
Don't feel bad - in my experience that typically takes at least 65 years! :D I solved the problem by writing my own "Christian narrative."

I wonder if that means that these forums are actually Roach Motels? - LOL

View attachment 2243

/
I must say, Our Hero and his companies have almost no internet presence. I don't want to morph into a Prosecuting Attorney here, but something doesn't add up.

@Mr E should send the last few pages of this thread to the moderators at CB - they might regret self-banning kindly old O'Darby.

What doesn’t make sense of the Christian narrative you’ve been exposed to so far?

I suppose the biggest conflict I have would be that God would become a man, and commit suicide on a cross on my behalf.
You don't have that conflict, because God did not do that for you. The conflict you do have however,
is that you are guidable enough to believe whomever told you that malarkey.

Was.
Isn’t that pretty much a summary of the Catholic/Protestant narrative?
No. Their take is that they think because they read a book and say some words
that God will accept them into His Kingdom as if they are one of His own. To which
is even more absurd as " would be that God would become a man, and commit suicide on a cross on my behalf. "

Oh yeah I forgot and either sprinkle some water on themselves or be dunked in water.
Their absurdness goes on and on.

Do you believe you are a Christian?
I put on my profile today that the most accurate description would probably be "theist." I would steer you to my testimony in my blog at Christianity Board, but apparently my blog decided to self-ban itself at the same time I somehow did! (Maybe there was a Self-Banning button I pressed by accident.) :D I describe a startling born-again experience at age 21 that briefly launched me into fundamentalist Christianity, including a stint at a Southern Baptist seminary, but had the more lasting effect of launching me on a 54-year (so far) spiritual quest.

Over the years, I find that I care less and less about doctrines, dogma and definitions. I am certainly not "not a Christian." I am certainly "more of a Christian than a Hindu." I describe Christianity as the "template" for my beliefs. Whether anyone thinks this does or does not make me a Christian, I really don't care - mostly because I have grave doubts as to whether the religion that calls itself Christianity has much if anything to do with what Jesus was talking about or expecting.

My blog at the other forum was called The Little Church of What O'Darby Believes, which pretty well captures the one-man nature of my Christianity. I'd say I was a 99% convinced and committed theist and about 70% a convinced and committed Christian in my own mind (but perhaps only about 40% in most other "Christians'" minds).

Do you believe you are a Christian?
Eureka, through the magic of Google I just discovered that my blog is still there in the shadows at CB.

Here are two entries that are relevant to your question. I, of course, can no longer remember what I wrote two or three weeks ago and am prepared to disavow all of it if my thinking has changed! :D

And here is my convoluted testimony:

Last edited:
Back