• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Hello All

Wrangler

Site Supporter
I got invited to this forum by my good friend, Mr E.

A bit about me. I was raised a bad Catholic, became a Unitarian Universalist. That institution has been taken over by Pagans. I now consider myself a Biblical Unitarian but am no longer associated with the institution by that name.

I have 18 grandkids that take a fair amount of my time.

Big read, I like to delve into politics, philosophy, politics, history and science fiction. Look forward to having some good conversations here.

A bit about me. I was raised a bad Catholic, became a Unitarian Universalist. That institution has been taken over by Pagans. I now consider myself a Biblical Unitarian but am no longer associated with the institution by that name.

Big read, I like to delve into politics, philosophy, politics, history and science fiction. Look forward to having some good conversations here.

Welcome Wrangler!

I moved this to the Intro thread..... hope you don't mind.

Incidentally-- I didn't know much of that about you. The best Catholics in my opinion, are former Catholics. :ROFLMAO: -but all are welcome here.

You can't quit smoking if you've never inhaled.

Incidentally-- I didn't know much of that about you.
Funny. We've exchanged 100's of posts in the other site. Yet, you learned more about me in one post here. That's because I adopt Marie Curie's quote about being more interested in ideas than people. I tend not to talk about myself as I generally prefer discussing events and ideas.

Funny. We've exchanged 100's of posts in the other site. Yet, you learned more about me in one post here. That's because I adopt Marie Curie's quote about being more interested in ideas than people. I tend not to talk about myself as I generally prefer discussing events and ideas.

Good policy. I think the gospel writers were similar--- even to the extent that you can't really tell who wrote what until you consider who is never, or hardly mentioned.

Since this is my second tour on WHT, should I give one howdy or two? (Don’t want to come off looking like an unsophisticated rube, don’t you know.)

Since this is my second tour on WHT, should I give one howdy or two? (Don’t want to come off looking like an unsophisticated rube, don’t you know.)

You might even be able to talk to each other here, like grown-ups. Without being sent to a corner of the forum meant for non-Christians and those who don't abide all of the required belief sets.

I joined a long time ago then lapsed. Came back and went through the whole process all over. I am 73, my wife of 49 years and I attend a small Church of Christ (non-instrumental). We have been attending as new members for 3 years this past Easter. Raised Catholic, I was baptized by immersion on Easter 2021 at our first attendance. Been happy ever since.

I don't think the church or society has changed much but "stuff" has certainly come out in the open due to social media. What was once hidden, or practiced in shame, has become some sort of normal and I might add even in your face. And when the message of acceptance comes from the pulpit, it can be disturbing. But I read how Christian victims in Nigeria and elsewhere often forgive their attackers much like Jesus forgave those who crucified Him. It pains me to know how much hate or at the very least condemning judgement I have harbored in my heart. It is hard to accept certain beliefs and behaviors outside of Gods design as normal, but I must love them just as Jesus would love them, and not judge.

Back