• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Does Jesus’ blood cover unbelievers accounts?

Let me ask you this directly, Shroom.

Did Jesus Christ blood on the cross pay for all sins, those who are believing in Christ, and those who were not believers? My answer is Yes.
The answer is yes. But people must be repentant and believe to appropriate that salvation to themselves.
That is what the topic is about. Please let’s stay on topic
I have been staying on topic.
, what I shared is I do believe Jesus had paid for my sins before I ever believed in Him or got to know him.
He did. But you were not saved until you believed the gospel.
There are some more scriptures out there pertaining to this subject if anyone would like to share more verses that pertain to Jesus having paid for all sin.
Bring 'em on.

But people have to repent and believe.

If you find them, please feel free to share.

Thank you, again.

:)

If you find them, please feel free to share.
Why, Matthew? Even if you know of 50 verses that clearly say that Jesus Christ's death paid for the sins of everyone, those 50 verses do not negate the fact that people must repent and believe the gospel in order to be saved.

How does one choose to believe a thing?
Teach them the gospel.

Rom 10:
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Teach them the gospel.

Rom 10:
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Uhm....that says nothing about "choosing" to believe.

Uhm....that says nothing about "choosing" to believe.
Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Josh 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Do those help?

How do you think people decide to believe, pops? Calvinism?

CALVINISM would say that people do not choose to believe - God just zaps them while they are hapless mannequins and regenerates them, then they believe. They had no say-so in choosing to believe, the calvi-god just MADE them believe and it has zero to do with what they themselves thought, believed or did.

In reality, people choose of their own free will, as the Joshua verse indicates.

Back