• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Confessing Jesus is it enough?

M

MatthewG

Ramblings of a madman (Confessing Jesus is it enough?)
View: https://youtu.be/Z8ptY1xcyJc

Hello you,

This #video is showing about the things Jesus said comes from the heart, about the heart and confess of Jesus, and the death, burial, and #resurrection of #Jesus and facing the eternities (hopefully mentioned that).

In this #world #today one can consider that #eternity is placed in the back of the #mind or #heart of many, just in hopes of everyday waking up to having a new day in life in which one can #breath. However you never know when you still stop ceasing from the #body you are contained in and go on into the #heavenly #realms in where while we are here in this life are able to build up to go on and be with the Lord God Almighty in that life there.

#Everyone has the choice to make and everyone has been freely #given Jesus Christ as the #reconciler for #man to God, he is the #doorway to having a relationship with God. In the spirit, allowing the #holy spirit and #spirit of Christ to work in and through you. #Clearing out the #darkness of our own heart into a #newness of heart and life with them, escaping the world and the things that pertain to it. Laying up for yourself treasures in heaven where, #moth, #dust, and #thieves are not, or you can make the choice to have your treasures here which is a #loss there, where moth, dust #corrupts (things #decay), and thieves #break in and #steal our #material possessions.

There is the #spiritual side of things which #pertain to God. The #fleshly things that pertain to #material and earth.

It is okay to have #interest in #working, #painting, #cooking, #cleaning, whatever you are into be #books or #historical #evidences of life, however there is an #afterlife.

So that choice is for you and up to you to think about when in the #face of death what do you #believe you would rather do?

I do not know, do know for myself, about you. May the #grace of the #Lord Jesus #Christ and peace from God be with you in having #faith on the #death, #burial, and #resurrection of Jesus Christ, friend.

It’s always about Faith, and Love. In hope.

Love to you, take care.

Matthew G.

“that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.””

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:9-13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together. Romans 10:8 - But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (TOGETHER) that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, (notice the reverse order from verse 9-10) - that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Confess/believe; believe/confess.

1 Corinthians 12:3 - Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except BY the Holy Spirit. There is divine influence or direct operation of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a person when confessing Jesus as Lord. This confession is not just a simple acknowledgment that Jesus is the Lord (even the demons believe that), but is a deep, personal conviction from the heart that Jesus is that person's Lord and Savior.

What about obedience of the faith and persevering to the end? Is it not about that too?
How are such things measured?

Can we ever be perfect in such requirements? Does God grade on a curve?
Can we really lose or salvation? (I say, "No.")

/

Confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together. Romans 10:8
Welcome to the forum.

I agree with what you are saying. It's like repenting AND stop sinning is simultaneous. The idea that someone turns to God but keeps on deliberately sinning is a misnomer. Lip service is not the standard.

How are such things measured?

Are they not measured by comparing what we were asked to do against what we actually did?

Can we ever be perfect in such requirements?

We’re in the process of being perfected. I don’t see it as a never ending process.

Does God grade on a curve?

That seems to be the point of the parable of the talents.

/

Even if we don’t persevere to the end?

Confessing with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believing in our heart that God raised Him from the dead are not two separate steps to salvation but are chronologically together.
I think we have a tendency to see many NT verses as more simplistic than they may actually be. Does "confessing" and "believing" occur at a moment in time or is it an ongoing process? Ditto with "believing in the name" of Jesus. Ditto with Jesus being "the only way" and a number of other verses that are the basis for simplistic and often highly divisive doctrines.

Did Jesus really expect nothing more of His followers than momentary confessing and believing? If so, why didn't He clearly say so to the many sinners He encountered? What I get from the Jesus of the NT is far more about "how you live" and "what your life looks like" than "what you believe."

As someone pointed out on another thread, or maybe even another forum, is the crux of Jesus' message "salvation" or "transformation" - transformation of individual lives and of society as a whole? It seems clearly to me to be transformation, yet in many segments of Christianity salvation receives all the emphasis. Believing opens the door to transformation and transformation leads to salvation, or so it seems to me.

In any event, I think many of these verses are potentially far more deep than the simplistic doctrines that have arisen out of them.

As someone pointed out on another thread, or maybe even another forum, is the crux of Jesus' message "salvation" or "transformation" - transformation of individual lives and of society as a whole? It seems clearly to me to be transformation, yet in many segments of Christianity salvation receives all the emphasis. Believing opens the door to transformation and transformation leads to salvation, or so it seems to me.
Right.
Jesus didn't say: Go into all the world and make converts. He said "make disciples".
(teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.)

Matthew 28:19-20 NIV
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

/

Right.
Jesus didn't say: Go into all the world and make converts. He said "make disciples".
(teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.)

Matthew 28:19-20 NIV
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

/

A great observation.

SteVen said:

What does that mean in practical terms?

/

“Just say NO to Jesus.” - slogan

A practical example: I left the trinitarian faith I was raised in. I didn’t persevere to the end with it. I now spend a considerable portion of my time teaching and preaching against it. A major creed of that faith anathematizes me.

The “Jesus” whom I once loved, I love no longer. The “Jesus”whom I once said yes to, I now say no to.

A counterfeit “Jesus” doesn’t have the ability to save anyone. The genuine Jesus doesn’t save those who believe in him for a while and then cease to believe in him. See the parable if the sower.

Back