• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why works for hire will fail to earn you salvation.

Nope . . . . They were given the same opportunity as I was given. Honestly, I have NEVER considered myself better than anyone - especially when it comes to salvation.
Then your salvation
Dry bones are the remains of a physically dead person. Last I noticed, a "spiritually dead" person, i.e. an unbeliever, was physically intact.

These verses have to do with the coming Millennial Kingdom.
The Israelites were physically intact and you have come out and said that these were not real bones. Perhaps you believe it because you want to.

Then your salvation
MY salvation?
The Israelites were physically intact and you have come out and said that these were not real bones. Perhaps you believe it because you want to.
What??? When did I say they were NOT real bones?
Ezekiel's dry bones are the remains of dead people and is in the context of the resurrection. The natural man is more concerned with the things of this life, worldly things and has no time for understanding nor spiritually discerning the things of God.

And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. . . Thus says the LORD God tonthese bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. . . Thus says THE LORD God: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves. . . . . Ezekiel 37:3,4,5,12

You're right dead people don't talk. The bones were not literally speaking but figuratively.
Are you referring to the above bolded statement?

How do you define works of law?
Something that comes to mind is what Paul writes to the Galatian people.

Galatians 6

New International Version

Doing Good to All​

6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load.6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

How did you get to Christ? Was it by hearing and reading the word of God?

Something in what you say here reminds me of how James writes to the 12 tribes scattered among the nations.

The reason I am reminded of this as your mention of "people God outside of Christ". Here James mentions: 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Very useful insight to how God works when it comes down to worldly things compared to spiritual things because a little later in James letter he writes also.

You can see here James writes to the 12 about what causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires with-in? You desire but you do not have, so you kill. You covet but cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight.

You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask you do not receive because you ask with wrong motives.

This gives clear indication of how prayers are handled. For those who believe that something will happen if they do something good and Ask God to help them in some way in material ways, or something that is with the wrong motives, they will not receive.

From what is understood Jesus says this :

Help by and through spiritual means is to worship God in spirit and in truth, which those who have faith are those who please God - and God seeks for people to worship him in spirit and in truth, that means to live by faith, to live by the spirit, to pray, and to add to ones faith the virtues that will keep one from being useless in Christ.

Do you think it is because of the hearing of the word of God produces faith like Paul says?

With people having the choice to disengage with anything of the spiritual means if they choose too? So many scriptures has been shared to really make that the case, earlier with the Romans 3:11 passage that was already went over.
I started to respond point by point but it is too much trouble to try and untangle what you are saying or asking, The questions are asked in a way that makes them impossible to answer or even understand. Millennials! Sheesh. o_O ;)

Just remember that all the NT letters are written to those who are already in Christ through faith, and much of it is pastoral counsel and instruction.

And one can't state that God works in all people the same way to bring about trust in Christ for salvation. Of course we have to hear the gospel before we can believe it so we know what it is we believe, but we know very little at the beginning. I had heard the basics, didn't believe them, but they were in my memory. The main thing with me was that I was changed on the inside and what I knew was that every word in the Bible was true, and that was the place I would find the absolute truth, even though I did not yet know much of what was in it. I knew Jesus was the answer. Something I instinctively knew must exist, (absolute truth) and spent years searching for, everywhere but Christianity. My attitude towards Christianity was that it had been tried and been found wanting. I had decided that if I did find absolute truth I would have no way of knowing it. But I did find it, and I did know. I did not do that myself. I did not decide the Bible held the truth. I knew it did. From that point on it was no longer foolishness to me. The day before, it had been foolishness to me. That was 39 years ago.

I had a brother, praying for me and talking to me about it (which I hated at the time) for seven years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back