• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why works for hire will fail to earn you salvation.

Perhaps libraries that have religious books dealing with Jewish traditions.

The information shared could be wrong also, it was a hearsay type of thing, but wouldn't doubt it to be true - considering God did make man and woman in his image.
Sure.
I have heard of some referring that YHWH plays both motherly and fatherly roles such as when it is said in scripture of YHWH desiring to gather children under the protection of wings such as a hen does.
But I'm not sure we can morph that into YHWH being an androgenous being.

Sure.
I have heard of some referring that YHWH plays both motherly and fatherly roles such as when it is said in scripture of YHWH desiring to gather children under the protection of wings such as a hen does.
But I'm not sure we can morph that into YHWH being an androgenous being.
Feminine words receive action. YHWH the name is feminine; and gets admiration? But God tenders to be doer of actions.

An interesting note, even by Tradition it never bothered the Hebrews to see God - as Him or Her - considering that God had created man in his image, just thought would share. Yes, I know I have ragged on traditions but some are interesting from the perspectives of the Jewish people anyway.

Some people would be outraged the fact that a person had looked as God as a woman though haha.
I don't know about God "being portrayed" as a "woman" but His wisdom is personified as "she" in Proverbs 8.

I don't know about God "being portrayed" as a "woman" but His wisdom is personified as "she" in Proverbs 8.
Yep.
And Israel is personified as both a son and a daughter.
We can't make a theology using pronouns in scripture without it getting messy.

You see nothing outrageous about making up who God is rather than believing He is who He says He is? Nothing about God is subjective (based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.)

People to get more upset about it than God personally would I think.

Yes. The idea of it comes God having made man and woman in his image. It doesn't bother me personally.

God is spirit - but as Christian we call out to him by saying Father, or LORD, or however a person may pray some people just pray to Jesus.

Was just something interesting to share, my own personal looking at it is God is the believers Father.

Yep.
And Israel is personified as both a son and a daughter.
We can't make a theology using pronouns in scripture without it getting messy.
I'm not sure what you mean by "pronouns can get messy in scripture"?

Back