• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why Salvation is by Faith Alone

Is there something you do not understand in regard to the commandment?(James 2:1) Is it not clear? .
Yes, what commandment?

James 2:1 My brothers and sisters,[a] do you with your acts of favoritism really believe in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ?[b]

Yes, what commandment?

James 2:1 My brothers and sisters,[a] do you with your acts of favoritism really believe in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ?[b]

Using another translation does not change the commandment in respect to. . do not have the faith of Christ in respect to things the eyes see .Blasphemy the conclusion of those who do violate the loving commandment.

James2: 7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Use any translation you would like. I see no commandment in James 2:1. Explain where you see a commandment, that may help.
" Have not" is the commandment. If not violating the commandment called blasphemy as to the end of the matter verse 7 would not make biblical sense

James 2:! My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. (things seen)

Just like the loving commandment in 2 Timothy 2:15 . Study (the loving commandment ) to show one self approved unto God not to man by rightly dividing the word of God

James 2:! My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. (things seen)
Jesus was a respecter of persons, he had respect unto Abel and his offering.
Just like the loving commandment in 2 Timothy 2:15 . Study (the loving commandment ) to show one self approved unto God not to man by rightly dividing the word of God
So is that loving commandment a commandment of man or of God?

Jesus was a respecter of persons, he had respect unto Abel and his offering.

So is that loving commandment a commandment of man or of God?
God is the one that blessed Abel's offering and rejected Cain's.

All of the commandments in the Bible are of God. The law is anything that tells us to do something or not to do something.

The Words of Jesus no longer matter?
Jesus was a teacher of the law. The purpose of the law is to reveal sin. The law does not save or justify, Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. The words of Jesus do matter, because they are Spirit and life.

Jesus was a teacher of the law. The purpose of the law is to reveal sin. The law does not save or justify, Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what you do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. The words of Jesus do matter, because they are Spirit and life.
The words of Jesus are very helpful but they need to be understood in the context of the two Covenants. For instance, Jesus said, I come to fulfill the law, are we to disregard this because his words do not matter? Jesus said, if you abide in me, you will bear much fruit. Do we jettison this because his words do not matter?

Jesus said, if you believe in me you have eternal life, Is this also on the junk pile? Jesus words are there, just as the law is, to drive us to Christ. The law still matters, but not for salvation. It has no life in it, it can only condemn. If it were to be removed then Jesus did not need to die. His death fulfilled the law in us in that he took the penalty it imposed and paid it for every living human on this earth. The law was satisficed by Him and He will take anyone's mortgage to it and tear it up since it has been paid in full.

This is also the biggest proof of his infinite power and life.

The words of Jesus are very helpful but they need to be understood in the context of the two Covenants. For instance, Jesus said, I come to fulfill the law, are we to disregard this because his words do not matter? Jesus said, if you abide in me, you will bear much fruit. Do we jettison this because his words do not matter?

Jesus said, if you believe in me you have eternal life, Is this also on the junk pile? Jesus words are there, just as the law is, to drive us to Christ. The law still matters, but not for salvation. It has no life in it, it can only condemn. If it were to be removed then Jesus did not need to die. His death fulfilled the law in us in that he took the penalty it imposed and paid it for every living human on this earth. The law was satisficed by Him and He will take anyone's mortgage to it and tear it up since it has been paid in full.

This is also the biggest proof of his infinite power and life.
You seem to understand. I cannot understand why others don't. It appears to me that people like to nitpick the scriptures, taking what they like and discarding the rest.

You seem to understand. I cannot understand why others don't. It appears to me that people like to nitpick the scriptures, taking what they like and discarding the rest.
It is human nature to feel in control of some aspect of their salvation. To admit that they have no good thing in them is too much to sacrifice in favor God’s righteousness and thus they remain in their sin.

What the law does, not what you do will not justify!

Back