• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why All the Divisions Within Christ's Church?

This text was written decades after Christ had completed His earthly mission.
We don't know exactly when it was written. The letters also don't mean what was spoken is in conflict with each other.
Paul's reference of seeing Him face to face definitely indicates that this will take place at Christ's 2nd coming. We are not yet faced to face with God.
It is about Jesus coming the first time.

In the old testament, old law times, people saw darkly, dimly, they only had prophecy in part, they were as children, until Jesus came the first time.

Love is not winning the approval of people. If we loved our children that way, they would end up spoiled brats.
So why are you trying to teach me how to win the approval of others?

We don't know exactly when it was written. The letters also don't mean what was spoken is in conflict with each other.

It is about Jesus coming the first time.

In the old testament, old law times, people saw darkly, dimly, they only had prophecy in part, they were as children, until Jesus came the first time.

So why are you trying to teach me how to win the approval of others?
You have the timing all messed up. Paul was not writing during the Old testament.

We don't know exactly when it was written.
We know it was written decades after Christ ascended.

You literally change the words of that scripture to support your belief.

The verse as it is written:
1 Cor 13:12: For now, we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

What you insist is true:
1 Cor 13:12 For then we saw through a glass, darkly; but now face to face: then I knew in part; but now I know even as also I am known.

Your version of that scripture is not in the Bible.

We know it was written decades after Christ ascended.
You don't know that.
The verse as it is written:
1 Cor 13:12: For now, we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

What you insist is true:
1 Cor 13:12 For then we saw through a glass, darkly; but now face to face: then I knew in part; but now I know even as also I am known.

Your version of that scripture is not in the Bible,
Paul is explaining something, and, just like in Romans 7, when you think he is still talking about being a sinner as always, even after being saved, you misunderstand the scriptures about when the perfect comes.

Jesus is the perfect and he came, he gave the perfect law, and we are made perfect by obeying his perfect words.

You don't know that.
It is common knowledge. Look it up.
Paul is explaining something, and, just like in Romans 7, when you think he is still talking about being a sinner as always, even after being saved, you misunderstand the scriptures about when the perfect comes.

Jesus is the perfect and he came, he gave the perfect law, and we are made perfect by obeying his perfect words.
Your assertions do not match the scriptures.

The text simply does not support that.
It does, but you can't see it.

I will give you more to consider, but you probably won't be allowed to consider it carefully, let alone read it.
In the Old Testament, old law times, people saw darkly, dimly, they only had prophecy in part, they were as children, until Jesus came the first time.

Now read this next scripture, it says when perfect is comes which is in part shall be done away.
We have all the prophecies we needed, the mysteries have been revealed, they aren't in part as they once were during the Old Testament times.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Now read about when I was a child and what that means.
It is about being under the Old Testament times. Paul refers to that time as the people being as a child, because they didn't have Jesus yet.

Galatians 4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Did you read that? When we were children is about being under the old law.
Galatians 3:24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
So now that Jesus has come, we are no longer as a child. The perfect has come.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

We no longer see through a glass darkly, for they have seen him face to face.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

See here how Peter explains it:

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and in the New Testament time people prophesied about what God finally revealed to us what He wanted us to know. We have the mysteries revealed, and we have all the teachings we need to lead us to eternal life, we cannot add or subtract from the finished work, we cannot add new prophecies and knowledge to the Bible. The perfect has come.

When you only have prophesy in part (as in the Old Testament times), the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, and more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy (as in the New Testament times), then we have full understanding; so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come.

The perfect Jesus Christ came, he gave his perfect teachings about the perfect New Covenant, he gave the perfect sacrifice, and we are made perfect by his blood and obeying his perfect words.

Hebrews 10:14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation, for our being perfect.
When we have faith in Jesus’ blood and obey Jesus’ teachings, it is when and how we are made perfect.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

James 1:25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do

We no longer see through a glass darkly, for they have seen him face to face.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Your statement in bold directly contradicts the scripture you quote.

It is common knowledge. Look it up.
I don't go by what false teachers claim. I have read that some even believe the letters from Paul were written in 90AD. Um, Paul didn't mention the destruction of the temple in any of his letters? What? Paul lived to be in his hundreds and wrote his letters then? No, I don't think so.
Your assertions do not match the scriptures.
What else are you going to say?

Back