• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why All the Divisions Within Christ's Church?

God is sovereign only within his holy just nature. God cannot and will not do evil.

If God predestinated some to salvation and not all to salvation, that would make God unjust. The purpose of Calvinism is to make God unjust. Who can trust in an unjust God? Satan's will has been accomplished in Calvinism. He has invented a religion that not only makes God unjust, but also makes his Son Jesus Christ a complete failure. CALVINISM: The abolishment of faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ.
Interesting God giving us the ability's to hear. his understanding His word is unjust? Did he owe us the good pleasure that works in us ?Will you do his good pleasure without murmuring ? He alone can give us the power

Philippians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Jesus did it with delight .

That "desire for it that is in us"? I say that is a result of our flesh, not sin IN US.

That will come from the world, too.

1 John 2:16

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
I think we are saying the same thing, just with different words or slightly different shadings to the words. The desires of the flesh, to me, is sin in us. But not sin as an entity. And of course, not everyone has the same desires. And I say it that way as sin in us, strictly from Paul's having expressed it that way. I also consider sin as crouching at our door. That door is our sinful desires. James 1:13-18. These scriptures also line up with the 1 John one you gave. Our desires when they are opposed to God's instruction on holiness and worship, are themselves bent towards being enticed and tempted by sin. It looks pleasing to us and good. (See Eve and the forbidden fruit. :)) In any case those things that tempt us are in the world, but the desire for them is in us. Either way, through your lens or mine, it comes down to the same thing. We need to be rescued from this by One who has no sin, by God Himself.

Right, just think, though, we're freed from the law of sin and death by the SPIRIT OF LIFE IN CHRIST. When we're freed from the law, sin has no more dominion over us for we are IN CHRIST. Paul now insists we are not in the flesh....no longer under the dominion of sin.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Not at all what he is saying in Romans 7.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 8:6-7
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
What it comes down to I now conclude, is that both things are true and do not contradict each other. Your POV and mine. The law condemns and we are freed from that condemnation. The Holy Spirit in us gives us the strength and understanding and wisdom to recognize and resist sin so that it also does not dominate us. It is also true that before we are united to Christ through faith, sin does often dominate us and it always condemns us to pay its eternal penalty. Unless----we come to Christ.
That's good. Our Christian walk can take many turns, can't it? I guess it helps to read the word of God no matter what stage we are in our lives. I've been so blessed by certain truths I've found in the Bible, and then I find something else that builds on what I had learned previously. Going on guilt trips kept me stagnant for quite some time, before I was led (yes, by that still small voice) to another portion of scripture that led me to set my affections on things above. Realizing the guilt was from the enemy. I keep holding onto that verse about the Peace of God passing all understanding, and isn't that the TRUTH.
It is the very evidence that the word is living. I have read the Bible cover to cover several times and in different translations, though that is not the only way I read it. But I never tire of it, it never becomes boring or predictable like anything else we read over and over. I am always seeing things I never saw before and learning new things about God that grow and strengthen me. There is no end to it! It is a gold mine of greater value than anything else! And it is so encouraging and truly delightful to find such as you.

@PJ

So, Ariel has been banned? Who made that stupid decision, PJ?

Oh well that's too bad. I'm thinking there is more to it than that, but it's your forum PJ.

Personally, on the board, I've seen how she put up with more than most and did it with grace.
She said she's leaving and going to another site, that's what triggered me.

Why would that trigger you? Are members here required to swear allegiance to this forum? What is she wants to come back? Too bad for her because she triggered you?
It's more than that and this should not be public anyway. She called me names and threatens to leave multiple times while being a smart ass. You can all leave, I don't care. I'm not going to be manipulated by whining members who send me PMs and insult me and ask for Mr E not to moderate her. I will lift the ban because now we have a warning system. This was me sending her a message, that I will not put up with insults and drama.

To be absent of the body is to be present with the Lord.

Believers have entered the Kingdom of priests the New Jerusalem prepared as his bride the church.. The New Testament order, the restored the order because the time of the 1st century reformation had come.

Those not receiving a newborn again spirit. They will not rise to new life. Their memories are forgotten as in Universal Alzheimer's just as a believer. In the new heavens and Earth, the former things of the earth sun will not be remembered. Neither will they come to mind for evermore.

The example of Lazarus. He was sleeping {dead asleep} for four days. It is the kind of death that God defines. In that way, how the Holy Spirit uses the word corruption must be defined. Lazarus four days Jesus three days.

Lazarus. grave clothes were loosened by the disciples as well as the removing the stone from the tomb. The Fathers weditness of faith loosened the grave clothes of Jesus and rolled away the stone of the tomb.

For three days the father kept the body of Jesus from corrupting to the point of no return.

Psalm 16:10For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

In that way way, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see death never to rise agian

Corruption is dying, not dead. But it is in dying in the end of a matter you will not rise.

For three days and three nights suffering the pangs of hell.. The father kept the body of Jesus from corrupting to the point of no return.

Back