• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What is the most neglected book of the Bible?

The Egyptians didn’t think Moses was actually Yahweh / God. Neither did the Israelites. That would be absurd.

Theologians who say that Jesus is actually God don’t say that Jesus is Yahweh in the same way that Moses was.

Did God fail to do what He said He was going to do?

So the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Did God fail to do what He said He was going to do?

So the LORD said to Moses, “See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet.

Yahweh did exactly what he said he was going to do.

What you said previously was--

I'm sure that makes sense to you, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

It makes sense to me because of the Jewish law of agency.

“Agent (Heb. Shaliah): The main point of the Jewish law of agency is expressed in the dictum, ‘a person’s agent is regarded as the person himself’ (Ned. 72b; Kidd. 41b). Therefore any act by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principal, who therefore bears full responsibility for it with consequent complete absence of liability on the part if the agent.”

(The Encyclopedia if the Jewish Religion, p. 15)

It makes sense to me because of the Jewish law of agency.

“Agent (Heb. Shaliah): The main point of the Jewish law of agency is expressed in the dictum, ‘a person’s agent is regarded as the person himself’ (Ned. 72b; Kidd. 41b). Therefore any act by a duly appointed agent is regarded as having been committed by the principal, who therefore bears full responsibility for it with consequent complete absence of liability on the part if the agent.”

(The Encyclopedia if the Jewish Religion, p. 15)

Jesus makes clear that he has come as an agent of the Father. Here's the question. Could Yahweh be seen as an agent of the Father? Could Yahweh in fact be the spiritual (elohim) son of the Father that was sent to both Jesus and Moses, David and everyone else -alike?

I'll answer-- Yes. That's how I see it. Yahweh is the Lord in heaven, with his shaliah (agents) on earth. But Yahweh is an elohim / son of God the Father, and not the Father per se.

I lived the Jewish law if agency when I worked for the government. On many occasions, not every occasion, I was a shaliah. On those occasions, when people heard me they didn’t hear me - they heard the one who sent me. The words I spoke were not my own. They were the words of the principal - the one who sent me.

I lived the Jewish law if agency when I worked for the government. On many occasions, not every occasion, I was a shaliah. On those occasions, when people heard me they didn’t hear me - they heard the one who sent me. The words I spoke were not my own. They were the words of the principal - the one who sent me.

Surely you recognize that this is not the same.

A mailman is a shaliah of the Post Office, but no one would ever think that a mailman is the Post Office.

Jesus makes clear that he has come as an agent of the Father.

Yes.

Here's the question. Could Yahweh be seen as an agent of the Father?

No. Yahweh actually is the Father, not an agent of the Father,

Could Yahweh in fact be the spiritual (elohim) son of the Father that was sent to both Jesus and Moses, David and everyone else -alike?

No. Yahweh is the one true God - > the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the God of Moses; the God and Father of Jesus.

I'll answer-- Yes. That's how I see it. Yahweh is the Lord in heaven, with his shaliah (agents) on earth. But Yahweh is an elohim / son of God the Father, and not the Father per se.

Thanks.

Surely you recognize that this is not the same.

A mailman is a shaliah of the Post Office, but no one would ever think that a mailman is the Post Office.

You missed the nuance.

I wasn’t representing myself and wasn’t speaking my own words.

When I spoke to someone as a shaliah - which wasn’t always my role - those who saw and heard me saw and heard the one who sent me in me.

You missed the nuance.

I wasn’t representing myself and wasn’t speaking my own words.

When I spoke to someone as a shaliah - which wasn’t always my role - those who saw and heard me saw and heard the one who sent me in me.

Not the same.

No. Yahweh is the one true God - > the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the God of Moses; the God and Father of Jesus.

What you state as fact, can’t be shown as fact.

At best, you infer. Which is what you rail over when Trinitarians do the same.

The will insist (just as you do) that Yahweh is the Father, that Jesus is Yahweh, that both of these are the same, and refer equally to God, and that Jesus is that same God.

Aren't you comparing a person to an institution while disregarding the institution of agency?

When someone says they got a letter from the IRS, they mean they got a letter from an agent/shaliah of the IRS. Language Usage.

Back