• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What Do I Mean By Legalist

Right.
This is the point where the worker bees spiritualize it into "good intentions" because they know that if they tally up all the unbecoming things they have said, thought, and done in their lifetime they would get clobbered for being a massive failure.
I wouldn't put my fleshly behaviour up against a wooden nickle. Praise God for the gift of His righteousness. Our works righteousness is worse than sneaking one of Rembrandt's paintings out of His studio to take home and fix up for him.

I wouldn't put my fleshly behaviour up against a wooden nickle. Praise God for the gift of His righteousness. Our works righteousness is worse than sneaking one of Rembrandt's paintings out of His studio to take home and fix up for him.
I bet you have noticed over the years you have been on theology forums that it is usually the ones that rely on some "spirit" that has encouraged them to view scripture differently than the apostles taught.
And those "spirits" have convinced them they have enlightened them with the true understanding.
And they all call the "spirit" they listen to "holy".

I bet you have noticed over the years you have been on theology forums that it is usually the ones that rely on some "spirit" that has encouraged them to view scripture differently than the apostles taught.
And those "spirits" have convinced them they have enlightened them with the true understanding.
Nope, they only claim like they take drugs. Tell me how you talk to God every day.

That will be a nasty surprise unless we get some perfect works. How do you plan on getting perfect works. No remember it does not say according to how hard we try. No, it is according to our works. That would be all of the works we have ever done. Are you proud of your life's total works?
I don't agree with many of @Comingfrom's offerings. But Jesus says to make every effort to enter into Kingdom.

So if you make every effort, the HS will wipe away all your imperfect work and it will be acceptable to God.

I have told you this ton of times but you don't understand it.

so sad, Gracie.

Remember, God looks into our hearts.

But of course that land is not yours. So you make up a metaphor for it. It is quite a religion you have there.
The kingdom of heaven is still at hand, for me.

But the land, whither ye go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:11-12

That will be a nasty surprise unless we get some perfect works. How do you plan on getting perfect works. No remember it does not say according to how hard we try. No, it is according to our works. That would be all of the works we have ever done. Are you proud of your life's total works?
My ark is made, and my candlestick is in his place.

And let them make Me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof,
even so shall ye make it.

Exodus 25:8-9

You live in metaphors so I assume you judge in them also.
Right now we are judging one another's beliefs of what is literal and what is metaphor.

And the carnal mind tries to make it all literal,
and the spiritual mind sees God's word as speaking of heavenly things.
Which necessarily does employ metaphors and parables.
But is still a literal spiritual reality.

Is God's kingdom a metaphor?
Is the bread which rains down from heaven a metaphor?
Is the hellfire and devils a metaphor?
Or are these literally real things.

And if they are real, how can we see them?

But that is just what you felt in your bones. Your religion is simply an escape from reality. Ah, well, we can all stand that now and again.
Thanks for the good report.

The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
Proverbs 15:30

I had the feeling from the delivery and context the word is used, and other scripture which confirm for me,
but I couldn't find another one which definitively said the "fat" of "His sacrifice" for you.
I was ready be to be reproved if I was wrong.

Now that I found one, you show us you are not ready to be reproved.

Great material to make some nifty metaphors out of. Talking to birds could be speaking with people who fly away easily. Tables with horse at them that could be about too much horsing around.
Is that how you think of and treat our Redeemer's words in the scripture?

Jesus said, Behold the fowls of the air, and Consider the ravens,
did He not?

One of the easiest of His commandments for us to do.
Assembling one's self is quite a bit harder.
Especially if we don't sober up from talking so lightly about His words at His table.

Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David,
riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem:
and this city shall remain for ever.

Jeremiah 17:25

I guess I do not have to worry too much about you. It would take a person with spiritual vertigo to follow what you teach.

Worry about your own salvation, with trembling, and rejoicing, and fear.
Don't tell me you even forgot that one.

Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2:11

Wherefore, My beloved, as ye have always obeyed,
not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:12

The kingdom of heaven is still at hand, for me.

But the land, whither ye go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:11-12
The Kingdom of heaven is here and has been for centuries.

Luke 17:21​

nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

Just what is the kingdom of God?

Romans 14:17​

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

The Old Covenant established the theocracy of the children of Israel. The new covenant established a Kingdom with Christ as the King.

My ark is made, and my candlestick is in his place.

And let them make Me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof,
even so shall ye make it.

Exodus 25:8-9
The tabernacle was real construction exactly as God had commanded.

1 Chron 6:32 They ministered with music before the tabernacle, the tent of meeting, until Solomon built the temple of the LORD in Jerusalem. They performed their duties according to the regulations laid down for them.

It pertained to the now obsolete Old Covenant

Heb 9:1-2; 11 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. A tabernacle was set up... But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation.

And the carnal mind tries to make it all literal,
and the spiritual mind sees God's word as speaking of heavenly things.
Which necessarily does employ metaphors and parables.
But is still a literal spiritual reality.
This could have been literal. There was a gate in the wa;;s of Jerusalem that was very small called the eye of the needle. IN order for a cmel to pass through it, it had to be stripped of its load and put on its knees to shuffle through.

But even then. Obvious metaphors and similes are very easy to spot if one has a balanced mind.

Is God's kingdom a metaphor?
Is the bread which rains down from heaven a metaphor?
Is the hellfire and devils a metaphor?
Or are these literally real things.

And if they are real, how can we see them?
Simply ask if they are presented as a metaphor or not. A metaphor is always a comparison connected to a real object.

"She was a real bear this morning" She is real and really grumpy.

"There was a bear in my backyard." Stay inside, there is a dangerous animal in the backyard.

If one has a balanced mind, metaphors are quite obvious.

Amen. That is why we are to test the spirits. The thing that God is working in my soul is to focus on the spirits rather than the person. Hard to do when ego gets involved.

Thanks for the good report.

The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
Proverbs 15:30

I had the feeling from the delivery and context the word is used, and other scripture which confirm for me,
but I couldn't find another one which definitively said the "fat" of "His sacrifice" for you.
I was ready be to be reproved if I was wrong.

Now that I found one, you show us you are not ready to be reproved.
The fat in sacrifices represents sin in us. That is why it was removed.

Back