• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What Do I Mean By Legalist

Is that how you think of and treat our Redeemer's words in the scripture?

Jesus said, Behold the fowls of the air, and Consider the ravens,
did He not?

One of the easiest of His commandments for us to do.
Assembling one's self is quite a bit harder.
Especially if we don't sober up from talking so lightly about His words at His table.

Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David,
riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem:
and this city shall remain for ever.

Jeremiah 17:25
Jesus wants us to consider God's care for the wild birds and realize that He will care for us even more so that we should not worry.

Jeremiah is referring to the real event at the end of time where we shall all inherit the new Jerusalem.

I am looking forward to it!

Worry about your own salvation, with trembling, and rejoicing, and fear.
Don't tell me you even forgot that one.

Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
Psalm 2:11

Wherefore, My beloved, as ye have always obeyed,
not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:12
I don't worry about my salvation one bit.

for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Tim 1:12

To work out our salvation is to come to a final definite understanding and practice about it. The salvation must be present first in order to do this. If you have no salvation, you can't work it out.

The Kingdom of heaven is here and has been for centuries.

Luke 17:21​

nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

Just what is the kingdom of God?

Romans 14:17​

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Amen. Best thing I heard you say, Grace.

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 4:17

The Old Covenant established the theocracy of the children of Israel. The new covenant established a Kingdom with Christ as the King.
Except, of course, God's kingdom has always been at hand.

Remember the word which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you,
saying,
The Lord your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land.
Joshua 1:13

A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:12

The tabernacle was real construction exactly as God had commanded.

1 Chron 6:32 They ministered with music before the tabernacle, the tent of meeting, until Solomon built the temple of the LORD in Jerusalem. They performed their duties according to the regulations laid down for them.

It pertained to the now obsolete Old Covenant

Heb 9:1-2; 11 Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. A tabernacle was set up... But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation.
Indeed it is.
And the remnant of Israel keep God's covenant still, ( having returned to Him ),
to make all things as the Lord shows them in the mount.
( That their candlestick not be removed out of his place. )

And they shall make an ark of shittim wood:
two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

Exodus 25:10-11

This could have been literal. There was a gate in the wa;;s of Jerusalem that was very small called the eye of the needle. IN order for a cmel to pass through it, it had to be stripped of its load and put on its knees to shuffle through.

But even then. Obvious metaphors and similes are very easy to spot if one has a balanced mind.
Indeed. I spotted that sometimes we are the camel, in God's eyes. 😅

How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim?
see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

Jeremiah 2:23

Strive to enter in at the strait gate:
for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luke 13:24

Simply ask if they are presented as a metaphor or not. A metaphor is always a comparison connected to a real object.

"She was a real bear this morning" She is real and really grumpy.

"There was a bear in my backyard." Stay inside, there is a dangerous animal in the backyard.

If one has a balanced mind, metaphors are quite obvious.
Such as
when God commanded thou shalt not kill,
but then commands animal sacrifices, stoning to death, and warring against nations?

And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

Revelation 2:26-27

The fat in sacrifices represents sin in us. That is why it was removed.
Correct, for the beasts we bring unto Him, for sin offerings and peace offerings.

But the fat of His sacrifice for you is good fat, isn't it, since God has not sin, does He.

Thou shalt eat it within thy gates: the unclean and the clean person shall eat it alike, as the roebuck, and as the hart.
Deuteronomy 15:22

Jesus wants us to consider God's care for the wild birds and realize that He will care for us even more so that we should not worry.

Jeremiah is referring to the real event at the end of time where we shall all inherit the new Jerusalem.

I am looking forward to it!
Jeremiah said if we make the sabbath as Lord commanded and bring no burden into new Jerusalmem on that day.
And Isaiah said, if we keep our foot from doing our own pleasure, and honour Him,
not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words.
Then it shall come to pass, ( and then this city shall remain forever ).

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord;
and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father:
for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Isaiah 58:14

But if ye will not hearken unto Me to hallow the sabbath day,
and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day;
then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof,
and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Jeremiah 17:27

I don't worry about my salvation one bit.

for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 2 Tim 1:12

To work out our salvation is to come to a final definite understanding and practice about it. The salvation must be present first in order to do this. If you have no salvation, you can't work it out.
Thanking you.
You help me immensely, toward keeping me in the fear of the Lord.

Now I rejoice,
not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:
for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:
but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
For behold this selfsame thing,
that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you,
yea, what clearing of yourselves,
yea, what indignation,
yea, what fear,
yea, what vehement desire,
yea, what zeal,
yea, what revenge!
In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

2 Corinthians 7:11

Except, of course, God's kingdom has always been at hand.

Remember the word which Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you,
saying,
The Lord your God hath given you rest, and hath given you this land.
Joshua 1:13

A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:12
The Kingdom of God is in Your Midst Luke 17:20-21

But you must receive it:

Mark 10:15​

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”

Indeed it is.
And the remnant of Israel keep God's covenant still, ( having returned to Him ),
to make all things as the Lord shows them in the mount.
( That their candlestick not be removed out of his place. )

And they shall make an ark of shittim wood:
two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.

Exodus 25:10-11
The Candlestick represents the Holy Spirit given to the 7 churches. It was not a personal possession. Have you constructed your ark yet? If so, post some pictures of it.

Indeed. I spotted that sometimes we are the camel, in God's eyes. 😅

How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim?
see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

Jeremiah 2:23
Indeed, how can you?
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:
for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Luke 13:24
But you refuse to.

Such as
when God commanded thou shalt not kill,
but then commands animal sacrifices, stoning to death, and warring against nations?
You are having difficulty with the language. שָׁחַט is to slaughter as in slaughter an animal. תִּֿרְצָֽח׃ is to murder as in "Thou shall not murder" it is exclusively applied to humankind.

It is two different words when it was written. The KJV used "kill" for both.
And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

Revelation 2:26-27
So you are doing all of this to receive power over nations?

Correct, for the beasts we bring unto Him, for sin offerings and peace offerings.

But the fat of His sacrifice for you is good fat, isn't it, since God has not sin, does He.

Thou shalt eat it within thy gates: the unclean and the clean person shall eat it alike, as the roebuck, and as the hart.
Deuteronomy 15:22
He became sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Jeremiah said if we make the sabbath as Lord commanded and bring no burden into new Jerusalmem on that day.
And Isaiah said, if we keep our foot from doing our own pleasure, and honour Him,
not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words.
Then it shall come to pass, ( and then this city shall remain forever ).

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord;
and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father:
for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Isaiah 58:14

But if ye will not hearken unto Me to hallow the sabbath day,
and not to bear a burden, even entering in at the gates of Jerusalem on the sabbath day;
then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof,
and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.

Jeremiah 17:27
You don't keep the Sabbath. Maybe you should give it a try rather than rebelling against God's specific commands.

The Kingdom of God is in Your Midst Luke 17:20-21

But you must receive it:

Mark 10:15​

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.”
Amen.

And said, Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in My name receiveth Me.

Matthew 18:3-5

Indeed, how can you?

But you refuse to.
I pray you can, and that you don't refuse to.

You are having difficulty with the language. שָׁחַט is to slaughter as in slaughter an animal. תִּֿרְצָֽח׃ is to murder as in "Thou shall not murder" it is exclusively applied to humankind.

It is two different words when it was written. The KJV used "kill" for both.

I call that splitting hairs for justification.
Murder and killing both cause death to the victim, whether it be a man or a cow.

And what about Canaanites?
Or putting your own brother, or mother, or son or daughter, to death, if any of them tries to convert you away from God?
Are they also the ok kind of killing too, to you?

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul,
entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee,
from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him;
neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
But thou shalt surely kill him;
thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

Deuteronomy 13:6-9

Absolutely.

I now have power over serpents and scorpions, and over Philistines and Canaanites.
Through keeping the works Jesus set for us.

Is there a reason why you would not want the powers Jesus promised us?

He came unto His own, and His own received Him not.
But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on His name:

John 1:11-12

You don't keep the Sabbath. Maybe you should give it a try rather than rebelling against God's specific commands.
Because I take into account a few more of His commandments,
that your Pastors and mentors never taught you.

It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.
Leviticus 16:31

These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations,
which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Leviticus 23:4

Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement:
it shall be an holy convocation unto you;
and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord.

Leviticus 23:29

For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among His people.
Leviticus 23:32

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it:
and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:25

I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of Me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psalm 2:7-9

To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all His saints.
Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 149:9

Paul also taught these things.

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1 Corinthians 6:2-3

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6

Amen.

And said, Verily I say unto you,
Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in My name receiveth Me.

Matthew 18:3-5

Galatians 2:20​

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Back