• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What Do I Mean By Legalist

I look at this blob of leaven, and think wow.
Couldn't you have just broke from Jesus' body the appropriate wafer, and offer that to me.
But no you can't, because Jesus said nothing like any of that, the way you put it.
That is the end of the road for me. I offer you answers from the God of the Bible, give you His words, reach out my hand to pull you back from the edge of a cliff, and you turn and call it a blob of leaven which to you is a curse.

You do not want God on His terms but only on your terms. He will be to you as you mold Him to be or He will not be at all. But that is not God, it is the image you make, and carry around in your pocket to take out and kiss on your grand feast days and as you walk upon your sabbaths mumbling, "Thank you God that I am not like those others. I bring you goats and pigs and call them bullocks and rams, and it pleases you when I trample upon the blood of your Son."
From me:
For days I warred against Your enemies.
Wept in sackcloth and ashes to see
Your name taken in vain.
Your Son's sacrifice of love held
In derision. And You and He
Reduced to images and magic
In the mind of a man.
Treated and met with, you names
Upon the lips as though
You were common and not holy.
Doing to you as he pleased.
Remembering your mercy and seeing
One with the appearance of seeking you.
Of presenting as one asking questions,
Of looking earnestly for the way and You,
I tried Lord as best I know how
And sought your face and heard your words
Written in your book and offered them
Again and then some more until
The hissing became being spit upon.
But not me Lord, not me but You.
Have you said, do I hear?
"Wipe the dust off your sandals and move on."

But you could, and somebody did.
And isn't it good that we all can say our minds?
I could? It’s much different than I did. You could murder somebody but you didn’t.
Like when one calls others Legalists.
But then, they also hold the clamps, to say what is legal to post there and what is not,
by determining who is attacking and what constitutes an attack.
Right?
you need to understand the terms. Illegal list as one who depends in whole or in part on keeping the law in order to go to Heaven or stay saved. This is exactly what you espouse how is your not a legalist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hippies have the last laugh, because they were right. :cool:

God's way is not just "Love",
it is "Love Peace and Brown Rice"
If you leave out the unleavened bread (the brown rice) you can love all you like, but you will still never have peace.

And Jesus is Peace, with the capital p.
That's why they killed John, because he sang, Let there be Peace.

I was waking up to the wider world when the Beatles where singing Let it Be and Hey Jude,
on my little 16 transistor radio.
Just caught the end of the hippy era.
So yes, as we tend to classify people, you might call me an aged hippy Christian.

You will probably plat that with a tomato saying, not Christian.
But then, that depends how one defines Christian.
I try to follow Jesus best I can.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you:
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14:27
No, didn’t you read my comment I have no problem with hippies. But I do have a problem with a legalists religious message.

True hippies were always easy to get along with.

But you could, and somebody did.
And isn't it good that we all can say our minds?

Like when one calls others Legalists.
But then, they also hold the clamps, to say what is legal to post there and what is not,
by determining who is attacking and what constitutes an attack.
Right?
There’s nothing with legalism that is Inherently evil. It’s just described your it is both a political and religious philosophy. If you were a Buddhist and I called you a Buddhist would that be offensive?

You’re not understanding the proposition. It is not something that covers this whole forum, it would just be a section that one could either go to a refrain from going to.

That is the $64,000 question that frankly no one on this forum knows.
I thought, I know what you mean, but how can I be sure?
You say "it" and one might presume what you mean by "it" but they might also be wrong,
so better you define "it" for me.
I just wanted to hear it from your mouth, and not presume anything.

Every sacrifice was given to God, they were his. When one presented their sacrifice to him, they were not to mix the blood of the animal being sacrificed with anything containing yeast or a fermenting agent commonly called leaven. The Hebrew word "zebach" from which "my sacrifice" is translated could just as easily be translated as "a sacrifice" and in fact, is thusly translated in several versions of the bible.
Animal?

This should be interesting.

Because leven in this case represented deceptive doctrines and teachings and how just a small bit can grow in a person. There was a person who came to the church in Galatia preaching the law for salvation, much like you are doing. Paul wrote to this church about the situation, this about him. "You (the church) were running so well. Who has obstructed you from obeying the truth? Such persuasion does not come from the One who calls you. A little leaven works through the whole batch of dough. I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is troubling you will bear the judgment, whoever he may be.

Paul opened this letter by writing: I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!
Paul is quoting all Old Testament words from the law there, isn't he.

You just flip obeying from obeying the law, to obeying the truth (as defined by you).
Because you are so sure that he was a good teacher of the law, who obstructed the Galations,
that now any teacher or keeper of the law is an obstructor.

Because I believe God's law is the truth, according to scripture.
Isn't it.

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Thy law is the truth.
Psalm 119:142

And the commandments are everlasting life.
Aren't they.

And I know that His commandment is life everlasting:
whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto Me, so I speak.

John 12:50

Maybe David and Jesus were wrong in their belief?
Or maybe you believe they were speaking about another God's law.
The unwritten law.
Written only in the hearts of some.
Those who believe right, and can now tell us we don't keep the right law.

The fat in this case represents sin in our lives, as it was insidiously wrapped around the internal organs of the animal and had to be meticulously removed my the priest. This process represented what happens after on is saved by Christ and the process of being made holy begins.
So don't offer the blood of the animal (Christ) with leavened bread (false doctrine).
So our fat (sin) which we put (impute) upon the animal (Christ) doesn't remain until the morning.
And that is how setting Christ as having died for us saves one?

And are you saying it was the Lord sacrificing animals for them?
Because He is calling it My sacrifice, and saying, the blood of My sacrifice.
Isn't He.

But the Hebrews had to bring the animal to slaughter, didn't they,
so that would be the equivalent of one setting Christ as the slaughter, as their foundational faith.
Then He meticulously remove our fat (sin) from our internal organs.

I am trying to wrap my head around all this.

When he said of sacrifices don't let any of it remain until morning and since the sacrifice represented Christ, It was to be all ate up; a whole Christ is to be received and fed upon by faith. That is we must allow all of Christ in us and not just the parts that don't offend us.
But you said it is "the fat" (man's sin) of the sacrifice that doesn't remain.
Was there much fat in Christ's body, when you ate it all up?

It was offered once for all on the cross. We can now appropriate it by accepting it as our own and receiving a complete remission of sin. (1 Peter 3:18)

We appropriate it by accepting the cleansing power it has released to imputing our sins upon Him as the Hebrews did on their lamb before it was slaughtered.

The blood was spilled on Calvary but its power will emanate through eternal ages.

Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God; being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 1 Peter 3:18
So, for an example,
all your name calling, accusing brethren of being legalists and contentious tomato throwers if they challenge you
or speak not according to your word.
and all your insinuating and calling in question brethren's beliefs, faith, salvation, judgment and even sanity,
and then claiming you did none of that,
you put it on Him.

And you have accepted His cleansing power to impute all your sin on him,
as you believe the Hebrews did with their lamb.

And Jesus' carnal blood He shed back then is still emanating with power.

Because Christ suffered we are now with God, and our flesh bodies are dead and we are living spirits now.

Interesting.

Now answer my question. How much of the bible is literal?
Give me time, please.
I have started to read it from scratch again, putting everything it says into the categories of literal and not literal,
it is going to take me some time to give you an accurate percentage.
I'm still in Genesis chapter 1, and I think my literal meter overloaded.

Quite obviously, all you are saying here is not literal, is it.
Except for the animals, and that Jesus literally did die when He was crucified.

This is so vain comment.

You really believe you are doing a meaningful chat.

You guys can go on this forever without anyone agreeing on anything you say.
Just amazing.

Ok, this is a hyperbole expression.

Becasue I know someone always comes after me by saying "liar" when I use the hyperbole expression.

God says "you worship me with lips but your heart is far from Me."

This kind of thread applies this verse.

@Studyman
You are such a sweetie. 😘 Where would the world be without you?

Good evening Arial.

That is the end of the road for me. I offer you answers from the God of the Bible, give you His words, reach out my hand to pull you back from the edge of a cliff, and you turn and call it a blob of leaven which to you is a curse.
Which we're told to beware of.
I was accused if not understand the feasts of the Lord, and other things in the law,
and I keep being accused of not addressing the topic, for not accepting your offerings.
But did you speak about the things in the law?
You were speaking about New Testament stuff and how you interpret that.

That doesn't clear up the charge that I was incorrect on the feasts. Not that I can see.
And you keep diverting from the topic, which say I was doing.

And they were God's words? It didn't sound like Him to me.
I think you mingled some of His words in, and gave some references

And you started off by telling me Romans is God's plan to redeem His people.
And with that, I could not agree more.
But then you diverted into Jesus' death being the plan, and how somehow His blood shed at His death, does something to the believer,
and you forgot to mention any of the following saying from Paul in Romans God's plan for us.

When I read Romans, Paul is plainly saying
to be doers of the law (to be just before God)
be keepers of the law (that our circumcision from God doesn't become uncircumcision)
he speaks to them that know the law (and the law has dominion over man as long as he lives)
the law is holy (and the commandments holy, just and good)
the law is spiritual (but we are carnal)
the righteousness of the law must be fulfilled in us (who walk after the spirit)
the carnal mind is enmity against God (and is not subject to the law, and can't be indeed)
Moses describes the righteousness of the law (and the man that does it abides by it)
And Paul beseeches us to present our bodies as living sacrifices (which is our reasonable service)
And which is what the law commands (not animal sacrifices).

And I just quickly rattled off a few from memory, with study I would surely find more.
Because God's plan was from the beginning, wasn't it.
God's righteousness (surely includes His plan) already described by Moses in the law.
And the spiritual man abides by it.

That's a more sensible and doable God's plan.
Because believing a thing doesn't make it so.
If one believe Jesus in the Bible, what He says is there is a great work to be done by us.
And again, just as Paul says in Romans, that great work is God law and commandments for us.

And the commandments are not grievous,
but the great work we must do is understanding them, otherwise we can't do it.

There, I addressed, it.
I was lazy, and didn't want to take the time and effort to explain all that.
You offered a meaty cake, which takes an effort to reply to.
And you probably won't take the criticism, or my belief well.
You are quickened in spirit by now, and in your beliefs.
As I am in mine.
And I believe Jesus words are spirit and life, and you believe it is believing in His death that saves.

You do not want God on His terms but only on your terms. He will be to you as you mold Him to be or He will not be at all. But that is not God, it is the image you make, and carry around in your pocket to take out and kiss on your grand feast days and as you walk upon your sabbaths mumbling, "Thank you God that I am not like those others. I bring you goats and pigs and call them bullocks and rams, and it pleases you when I trample upon the blood of your Son."
From me:
For days I warred against Your enemies.
Wept in sackcloth and ashes to see
Your name taken in vain.
Your Son's sacrifice of love held
In derision. And You and He
Reduced to images and magic
In the mind of a man.
Treated and met with, you names
Upon the lips as though
You were common and not holy.
Doing to you as he pleased.
Remembering your mercy and seeing
One with the appearance of seeking you.
Of presenting as one asking questions,
Of looking earnestly for the way and You,
I tried Lord as best I know how
And sought your face and heard your words
Written in your book and offered them
Again and then some more until
The hissing became being spit upon.
But not me Lord, not me but You.
Have you said, do I hear?
"Wipe the dust off your sandals and move on."
God's terms are written.
His law is His terms and conditions.
Aren't they?

Click on the OK button if you agree, else let your peace return to you. 😘 ♥️

But He answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:4

And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it:
but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

Matthew 10:13

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought, I know what you mean, but how can I be sure?
You say "it" and one might presume what you mean by "it" but they might also be wrong,
so better you define "it" for me.
I just wanted to hear it from your mouth, and not presume anything.
Did you forget what you said? Here it is:
Jesus warned me to keep the Father's law, and to beware of leaven.

Animal?

This should be interesting.

Paul is quoting all Old Testament words from the law there, isn't he.
No
You just flip obeying from obeying the law, to obeying the truth (as defined by you).
No. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Because you are so sure that he was a good teacher of the law, who obstructed the Galations,
that now any teacher or keeper of the law is an obstructor.
You wouldn't know because you don't keep the law you pervert the law. There were teachers coming from Jerusalem who were teaching the circumcision must be enforced before one could be saved. But the issue was not just circumcision's as we see later on with the judaizers. Paul goes on to write in his letter to them, O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?

Still quoting from the letter, Does God lavish His Spirit on you and work miracles among you because you practice the law, or because you hear and believe? Next Paul begins hammer home the point. All who rely on works of the law are under a curse.

Paul then makes it so clear that you either have to reject Paul's epistle or change your ways when he writes: Now it is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith. 👏👍🤑✝️
Because I believe God's law is the truth, according to scripture.
Isn't it.
Jesus is The Truth
Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Thy law is the truth.
God's Law is true, your corruption of it is definitely not. The Sabbath occurs once a week from sundown Friday night to Sundown Saturday night and explicit instructions are given on how to keep it. You take three feast days which don't even mention Sabbath and make them the fourth commandment. The truth is, the bible as it is written has no respect from you. You can't possibly believe that Moses was as portrayed in the bible nor could you believe that Abraham is as he was portrayed in the bible.

You disagree with Paul's gospel, disregard John The Baptist, doubt the creation story, etc. Your religion is your own creation and has very little to do with the bible as written. You call Leviticus a lie and deny the record of animal sacrifice, the literal command of God to circumcise all males at 8 days old. The fact is, you are not a big believer in much but what you have come up with yourself. You describe new-age experiences and you have your own Spirit Guide, your Holy Ghost. These things people should know about you and then you can go on in peace with your religion that you now fully embrace.
And the commandments are everlasting life.
Aren't they.

By "his commandment" is not meant the law, that would be "the commandments" or "The Law" "His commandment" refers to what is said in the previous verse. I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.

This is the command that Jesus is referring to.
Maybe David and Jesus were wrong in their belief?
Or maybe you believe they were speaking about another God's law.
The unwritten law.
Written only in the hearts of some.
Those who believe right, and can now tell us we don't keep the right law.
They definitely were not speaking of the law you have created. We are not under the law, but that does not mean it was not true. The Truth though is Jesus and He will never expire of be fulfilled.
So don't offer the blood of the animal (Christ) with leavened bread (false doctrine).
So our fat (sin) which we put (impute) upon the animal (Christ) doesn't remain until the morning.
And that is how setting Christ as having died for us saves one?
Don't try to mix Christ and sin by only half surrendering or distorting God's law. Christ want all or none of you. Don't mis Christs doctrine with your own made up teachings. Let Christ become sin for your That you might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Cor 5:21)

Accept all of Him right away, do not wait until morning(the future) and do not partially accept him as your personal substitute and saviour.
And are you saying it was the Lord sacrificing animals for them?
Because He is calling it My sacrifice, and saying, the blood of My sacrifice.
Isn't He.
The sinner brough the offering, "offering" comes from the root word "offer" it is something offered to another and in this case God. Once God accepted the offering, it became God's.
But the Hebrews had to bring the animal to slaughter, didn't they,
so that would be the equivalent of one setting Christ as the slaughter, as their foundational faith.
Then He meticulously remove our fat (sin) from our internal organs.
He is removing the fat from our hearts. Ps 17:10 They have closed up their fat hearts; With their mouths they speak proudly. He is removing son from our spiritual being . It is the good work He began in us.
I am trying to wrap my head around all this.

But you said it is "the fat" (man's sin) of the sacrifice that doesn't remain.
Was there much fat in Christ's body, when you ate it all up?
I don't know what you are referring to. Give me the quote.
So, for an example,
all your name calling, accusing brethren of being legalists and contentious tomato throwers if they challenge you
or speak not according to your word.
and all your insinuating and calling in question brethren's beliefs, faith, salvation, judgment and even sanity,
and then claiming you did none of that,
you put it on Him.
Those are sins in your eyes. Using proper descriptors of your beliefs is not name calling. You are a legalist, own it. All of us are tomato throwers from time to time, we need to own it. I do not question your belief, I question what you believe in. It is straightforward. If the emperor has no clothes, he is naked. This is true no matter how much the emperor may stomop, shout , pout and claim to be the victim of name calling.

Your whole schtick is calling other people's beliefs into question. You are the one claiming to be an oracle of God who has been given a second tongue and can now understand the mysteries of the bible which none of the poor sots around you can manage. You are the one leveling false accusations. Come now, CF.

I claimed to have a flaming sword appear in my hand while taking a shower, I would not be surprised or upset if people had questions about my mental state. There are other idiomatic forms of speech unique to you that might give people pause. When you tell someone you sacrificed a bullock, they are alarmed, and you do not spend much time explaining to them that you are just kidding and what you mean is giving a bit of advice or teaching.
And you have accepted His cleansing power to impute all your sin on him,
as you believe the Hebrews did with their lamb.
That is what He has said, why would I doubt?
And Jesus' carnal blood He shed back then is still emanating with power.
Yes, in dying, he kiled all the isns of the world.
Because Christ suffered we are now with God, and our flesh bodies are dead and we are living spirits now.
No, because Christ suffered our punishment for all of our sins we are now alive to Him and perfected forever.
Interesting.

Give me time, please.
I have started to read it from scratch again, putting everything it says into the categories of literal and not literal,
it is going to take me some time to give you an accurate percentage.
I'm still in Genesis chapter 1, and I think my literal meter overloaded.

Quite obviously, all you are saying here is not literal, is it.
Except for the animals, and that Jesus literally did die when He was crucified.
When we talk about something being literal it means that the thing really happened but it also includes hyperbole, metaphors pertaining to the event, etc.

Example: I went fishing and caught a huge bass and I am excited about it. I call my wife and say, "Boy, did I have a great day! I caught a bass as big as a whale. This is a literal event but it includes hyperbole with in it.

Your wife was grouchy this morning, you say to your friend over lunch, "Man, Stacy was a bear this morning." This is literal even though it contains a metaphor.

Hi, Grace, and bless.

Did you forget what you said? Here it is:

Comingfrom said:
Jesus warned me to keep the Father's law, and to beware of leaven.
And how is that wrong?

If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love.
John 15:10

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also;
John 14:12

Do you need me to show you? those commandments in the law Paul was speaking about.

Why do you not check in case I am right?
So easy to do with Bible search engines these days.

No. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
And you say, but we are save by grace.
And you say, and we're cleansed by faith in the carnal blood He shed at His death on the cross.

But the Bible also says the law is the truth.
And since Jesus was the word of God come in the flesh, that makes sense to me.

And the Bible also says, both Jesus and the law are the light and the life too.

Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

You wouldn't know because you don't keep the law you pervert the law. There were teachers coming from Jerusalem who were teaching the circumcision must be enforced before one could be saved. But the issue was not just circumcision's as we see later on with the judaizers. Paul goes on to write in his letter to them, O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?

Jesus manifested and granted me the Holy Spirit once I had His commandments laid up in me,
and was attempting to do them the best I could at that time.
Just as Jesus said He would, in the scripture.

He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me:
and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.

John 14:21

And the Lord circumcised my heart, and removed the veil from my heart when I read the Old Testament, at that time.
Just as Paul said would happen, in the scripture.

But their minds were blinded:
for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16

Still quoting from the letter, Does God lavish His Spirit on you and work miracles among you because you practice the law, or because you hear and believe? Next Paul begins hammer home the point. All who rely on works of the law are under a curse.

Paul then makes it so clear that you either have to reject Paul's epistle or change your ways when he writes: Now it is clear that no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.👏👍🤑✝️
We are under the law because we are Christians, supposedly, God's people.
And we become cursed when we won't keep His commandments.
As Paul said, our circumcision is made uncircumcision,

For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law:
but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Romans 2:25

And as Malachi says, by robbing God, in not keeping His law.

Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed Me.
But ye say, Wherein have we robbed Thee?
In tithes and offerings.
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed Me, even this whole nation.

Malachi 3:8-9

Jesus is The Truth
Amen. The words that He speaks are spirit, and are life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death.
John 5:51

God's Law is true, your corruption of it is definitely not. The Sabbath occurs once a week from sundown Friday night to Sundown Saturday night and explicit instructions are given on how to keep it. You take three feast days which don't even mention Sabbath and make them the fourth commandment. The truth is, the bible as it is written has no respect from you. You can't possibly believe that Moses was as portrayed in the bible nor could you believe that Abraham is as he was portrayed in the bible.
Hallow His sabbaths.

And hallow My sabbaths;
and they shall be a sign between Me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

Ezekiel 20:20

You disagree with Paul's gospel, disregard John The Baptist, doubt the creation story, etc. Your religion is your own creation and has very little to do with the bible as written. You call Leviticus a lie and deny the record of animal sacrifice, the literal command of God to circumcise all males at 8 days old. The fact is, you are not a big believer in much but what you have come up with yourself. You describe new-age experiences and you have your own Spirit Guide, your Holy Ghost. These things people should know about you and then you can go on in peace with your religion that you now fully embrace.
I disagree with your interpretations.
And I'll back mine up with scripture.

And in controversy they shall stand in judgment;
and they shall judge it according to My judgments: and they shall keep My laws and My statutes in all Mine assemblies;
and they shall hallow My sabbaths.

Ezekiel 44:24

By "his commandment" is not meant the law, that would be "the commandments" or "The Law" "His commandment" refers to what is said in the previous verse. I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.
Who is the Lord?
And that's why Jesus said the same things when He walked on earth, as when He spoke to Moses in Sinai and in Horeb.

Even you Christians admit, He kept all the law, perfectly.
Why would He do that if they were not His commandments?

This is the command that Jesus is referring to.
He is telling us something there, that is not a commandment.
And He tells us that several times, to make it clear to us, He isn't changing God's word. Isn't He.
John 7:16-17 John 14:24 John 15:15

They definitely were not speaking of the law you have created. We are not under the law, but that does not mean it was not true. The Truth though is Jesus and He will never expire of be fulfilled.
The Lord in the Bible speaks very plainly to me.

Remember ye the law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

Malachi 4:4

Don't try to mix Christ and sin by only half surrendering or distorting God's law. Christ want all or none of you. Don't mis Christs doctrine with your own made up teachings. Let Christ become sin for your That you might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Cor 5:21)

Accept all of Him right away, do not wait until morning(the future) and do not partially accept him as your personal substitute and saviour.
For me to accept Him, I had to understand what He is saying.
And to me, He said He comes.
So I did what He said (and not very good, because I knew nothing yet) but I did what I could until He come.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:18

I will put upon you none other burden.
But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

Revelation 2:24-25

The sinner brough the offering, "offering" comes from the root word "offer" it is something offered to another and in this case God. Once God accepted the offering, it became God's.
I took Paul's advice in Romans for that, to make my offerings to God.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:1

He is removing the fat from our hearts. Ps 17:10 They have closed up their fat hearts; With their mouths they speak proudly. He is removing son from our spiritual being . It is the good work He began in us.

I don't know what you are referring to. Give me the quote.
You're right.

Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in Thy law.
Psalm 119:70

You might have got me.
I could only find this one,
but it is the priests who come before Him offering fat, not receiving it.

But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me,
they shall come near to Me to minister unto Me, and they shall stand before Me to offer unto Me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God:
They shall enter into My sanctuary, and they shall come near to My table, to minister unto Me, and they shall keep My charge.

Ezekiel 44:16

I'm going to take your reproof and reconsider those verses from Exodus.
Thank you for that.

Those are sins in your eyes. Using proper descriptors of your beliefs is not name calling. You are a legalist, own it. All of us are tomato throwers from time to time, we need to own it. I do not question your belief, I question what you believe in. It is straightforward. If the emperor has no clothes, he is naked. This is true no matter how much the emperor may stomop, shout , pout and claim to be the victim of name calling.

Your whole schtick is calling other people's beliefs into question. You are the one claiming to be an oracle of God who has been given a second tongue and can now understand the mysteries of the bible which none of the poor sots around you can manage. You are the one leveling false accusations. Come now, CF.

I claimed to have a flaming sword appear in my hand while taking a shower, I would not be surprised or upset if people had questions about my mental state. There are other idiomatic forms of speech unique to you that might give people pause. When you tell someone you sacrificed a bullock, they are alarmed, and you do not spend much time explaining to them that you are just kidding and what you mean is giving a bit of advice or teaching.
They are, in my eyes.
I'm trying to not call people names (call me out if I do) and stay on His commandments.
Scorning and calling names, and insinuating, are things the Lord hates, in my book.

That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren,
and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left:
to the end that he may prolong his days in His kingdom,
he, and his children,
in the midst of Israel.

Deuteronomy 17:19

That is what He has said, why would I doubt?
Because Paul said the blood of bulls and goats (literally, carnal blood) do not atone one of their sins.
Because literal carnal blood literally perishes.

But the blood which the Son of man gives is literally spiritual blood. Isn't it.
Something one can actually drink.

Yes, in dying, he kiled all the isns of the world.
Yet everyone is still a sinner.

No, because Christ suffered our punishment for all of our sins we are now alive to Him and perfected forever.
Yet everyone is still a sinner.

When we talk about something being literal it means that the thing really happened but it also includes hyperbole, metaphors pertaining to the event, etc.
The Son of man really comes, literally, not metaphorically, not with hyperbole.
It happens. Many Christians have testified to me their born again experience.
And He comes quickly.

Always has, and always will. We can read in the text of the Bible.
Abraham saw His day, and was glad.

For the Lord had said unto Moses,
Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people:
I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee:
therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

Exodus 33:5

Example: I went fishing and caught a huge bass and I am excited about it. I call my wife and say, "Boy, did I have a great day! I caught a bass as big as a whale. This is a literal event but it includes hyperbole with in it.

Your wife was grouchy this morning, you say to your friend over lunch, "Man, Stacy was a bear this morning." This is literal even though it contains a metaphor.
I know.
I am playing Bitcoin in a bear market at the moment, and I'm bullish
but I am not a Bitcoin whale. 😅

And now tell us, what metaphors would you use,
for the herd and flocks of spirits which inhabit the soul of every man?

You are back.

I thought you were stumped with my short, sweet, and precise analysis of your deceptive tactics.

@Comingfrom

Your posts becoming longer and longer.

That's how it goes with a twisted version of Bible reading.
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:2

Back