• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Total Depravity, Totally Refuted

I pity you Robert.
Pity yourself. I am a blood bought child of God, have been for over 50 years. My faith is centered in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. John Calivin is a hell bound demonic tyrant.

Pity yourself. I am a blood bought child of God, have been for over 50 years. My faith is centered in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. John Calivin is a hell bound demonic tyrant.

Salvation is by "whose" faith alone? Does God unseen have or need faith?

Luther believed himself in Sola Fide, but there is no such verses to back it up. There is faith which justifies, but it needs works. Faith is also a poor translation of πίστιν Strong's G1402 which means trust from the verb πείθω.

πείθω
  1. persuade
    1. to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe
    2. to make friends of, to win one's favour, gain one's good will, or to seek to win one, strive to please one
    3. to tranquillise
    4. to persuade unto i.e. move or induce one to persuasion to do something
  2. be persuaded
    1. to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing
      1. to believe
      2. to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person
    2. to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with
  3. to trust, have confidence, be confident

Luther believed himself in Sola Fide, but there is no such verses to back it up. There is faith which justifies, but it needs works. Faith is also a poor translation of πίστιν Strong's G1402 which means trust from the verb πείθω.

πείθω
  1. persuade
    1. to persuade, i.e. to induce one by words to believe
    2. to make friends of, to win one's favour, gain one's good will, or to seek to win one, strive to please one
    3. to tranquillise
    4. to persuade unto i.e. move or induce one to persuasion to do something
  2. be persuaded
    1. to be persuaded, to suffer one's self to be persuaded; to be induced to believe: to have faith: in a thing
      1. to believe
      2. to be persuaded of a thing concerning a person
    2. to listen to, obey, yield to, comply with
  3. to trust, have confidence, be confident
Of course we are justified by the work of Christ's faith as a labor of His love. Many tried to prove sola scriptura all things written in the law and prophets the two witnsnesses of God was a heresy but it backed fired show not to trust the oral traditions of the fathers .

To this day men are still trying to make it as it is writen to no effect so they can serve the counterfeit .I heard it through the fathers grapevine.

Acts 24: 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Not God as the fathers (Legion of gods) One Father .

Same as the law and its testimony. (law of faith) The two witnesses God has spoke.

Of course we are justified by the work of Christ's faith as a labor of His love. Many tried to prove sola scriptura all things written in the law and prophets the two witnsnesses of God was a heresy but it backed fired show not to trust the oral traditions of the fathers .
Where does it say we are justified by the work of Christ? We are justified by works of trust, though Christ atoned for the early church.
To this day men are still trying to make it as it is writen to no effect so they can serve the counterfeit .I heard it through the fathers grapevine.

Acts 24: 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Not God as the fathers (Legion of gods) One Father .

Same as the law and its testimony. (law of faith) The two witnesses God has spoke.

Back