• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Threefold Purpose of the Law

I have asked you, where are the unleavened wafers?

And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them,
saying, This is My body which is given for you:
this do
in remembrance of Me.

Luke 22:19
The verse says bread, not unleavened bread.

The verse says bread, not unleavened bread.
Thank you. The verse also says "My body, which is given for you".

Give us this day our daily bread.
Matthew 6:11

I am the living bread which came down from heaven:
if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:
and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:51

I do.
If by "God's law" you mean the law given via. Moses to the tribes of Israel and no other nation.
Yes, not one jot or tittle will be removed before the last day under the Sun.

Gods law is given to al the nations . The first under the law of faith (grace) was the apostle Abel .The first recorded martyr also .

God is no respecter of the flesh.

He can just as easily send and move a Ass as ceremonial unclean animal to represent a unbeliever to perform His good will. He is not served or worship by human hands as a will in any way shape or form.

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

Give us this day our daily bread.
Matthew 6:11

I am the living bread which came down from heaven:
if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:

and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:51
And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. Luke 3:22

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. John 3:13

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Proverbs 30:4

Thank you. The verse also says "My body, which is given for you".
Soylent Green

I have asked you, where are the unleavened wafers?

And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them,
saying, This is My body which is given for you:
this do
in remembrance of Me.

Luke 22:19
I am asking YOU.

I am the questioner, you are the questionee.

I will not take your bait of avoidance.

I am done being gullible.

I have put up with you for many years with your tricks.

You are a genius being a tricker.

Yes, not one jot or tittle will be removed before the last day under the Sun.
Right, and that doesn't change the fact that the law was given via Moses to the tribes of Israel and no Gentile nations.

Gods law is given to al the nations .
Nope.
Scripture tells us plainly that the law was given via Moses to the tribes of Israel and no Gentile nations.
Don't be changing the narrative of scripture.

The OP is great. Also, one of my fav translation corrections is at Gal 5:23
23 gentleness, and[ar] self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Instead of the constrastive meaning of 'kata de' ("Against"), this is topical. It should be improved to "About such things (you don't) make laws." Which is obvious. I don't know why Paul would bother saying you don't make law against patience, etc. It's fruit! It grows naturally. It's not like something you consciously command; he's saying it springs up willingly, spontaneously from the Gospel (from joy about it).

All this is meant to contrast with the mean-ness of the Judaizer who is busy looking at your sabbath-keeping, your diet, your observances and complaining that you are half the Christian you are supposed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Schaeffer's HOW SHOULD WE THEN LIVE? Ep 5, he explains how Rutherford preached the 2nd use of the law during the Reformation concensus years so that governments knew what was expected of them.

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. Luke 3:22

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. John 3:13

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Proverbs 30:4
Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art My Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of Me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psalm 2:6-9

Soylent Green
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:53

Back