• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Gospel that Reconciles You, Me and the World unto God

By saying that Babies are born in Sin does not mean they have already sinned...What it means is that they have inherited the sin nature that all men inherit. Actually it is a tradition among the Jewish people that the Children are not of knowing age until 12 or 13.Yet, we already know that there are children in the world that are not in this category..

Blade
Deuteronomy 1:39 And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad—they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it.

Numbers 14:29 In this wilderness your bodies will fall--every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me.

Seems to me that the age of accountability it 19 years old.

Deuteronomy 1:39 And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad—they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it.
You are speaking of the time of the Exodus where they traveled in the wilderness for 38-40 years. I think it interesting the KJV has a different wording that gives us a little different pic. of the events unfolding.

Deu. 1:39(KJV).."Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it."

You need to read the context of this verse. Because the People of Israel did not believe that they could win at Kadesh Barnea and their children would then be killed, God answered them by saying they would be killed and their children would inherit the promise land.

The 'in that day" that is was spoken by the people, the Children were innocent.

Numbers 14:29 In this wilderness your bodies will fall--every one of you twenty years old or more who was counted in the census and who has grumbled against me.

Seems to me that the age of accountability it 19 years old.
No,but this does account for a generation for the 40 years plus those of 20 would bring them to age that GOD has told us Mankind will live in this day and time.

Blade

You are speaking of the time of the Exodus where they traveled in the wilderness for 38-40 years. I think it interesting the KJV has a different wording that gives us a little different pic. of the events unfolding.

Deu. 1:39(KJV).."Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it."

You need to read the context of this verse. Because the People of Israel did not believe that they could win at Kadesh Barnea and their children would then be killed, God answered them by saying they would be killed and their children would inherit the promise land.

The 'in that day" that is was spoken by the people, the Children were innocent.

No,but this does account for a generation for the 40 years plus those of 20 would bring them to age that GOD has told us Mankind will live in this day and time.

Blade
I'm not sure what you are saying.
The Bible says those who were accountable were 20 years and older. Thus no held accountable were 19 years old and under.

The Bible says those who were accountable were 20 years and older. Thus no held accountable were 19 years old and under.
They say that the brain is not fully developed until the age of about 25. This is why young people make so many mistakes, especially in marriage.

They say that the brain is not fully developed until the age of about 25. This is why young people make so many mistakes, especially in marriage.
Yet, we have to go by what the word of God says.
Just think of it though, in the Old Testament times, the man had to be twenty years old to join the military. Here in America, they can be 18 to do everything as an adult, except buy and drink alcohol.

Yet, we have to go by what the word of God says.
Just think of it though, in the Old Testament times, the man had to be twenty years old to join the military. Here in America, they can be 18 to do everything as an adult, except buy and drink alcohol.
They didn't have the technology in the Old Testament era that we have today. Under Jewish law you could marry at the age of 12.

The Bible says those who were accountable were 20 years and older. Thus no held account
One other item....God deals with the People as a nation. Many of those that were 20 years old and up were considered leaders of the nation. (i.e.Joshua)
able were 19 years old and under.
I am pretty sure He did it to bring attention to what a generation was ..
Other wise why would the tradition have it 12-13 years old before the knowing age.

Blade

One other item....God deals with the People as a nation. Many of those that were 20 years old and up were considered leaders of the nation. (i.e.Joshua)

I am pretty sure He did it to bring attention to what a generation was ..
Other wise why would the tradition have it 12-13 years old before the knowing age.

Blade
What are you talking about? Just believe the scriptures.

What are you talking about? Just believe the scriptures.
You are right in a way! God authored the Bible so a child could read and come away with the gospel of Jesus Christ or one can dig deep and find the true meanings of GOD's word...

In Proverbs 25:2..."It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter."

Blade

Back