• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Forbidden Chapter: Isaiah 53 in the Hebrew Bible

Jews for Judaism has posted an article rebutting what they call “the forbidden chapter conspiracy”. Offered for consideration and balance.

As a Christian, I don’t agree with their understanding of the chapter but I’m happy they are reading and discussing it.
Isaiah 53 is one of the most beautiful renditions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Bible. Enjoy it...

Blade

Rabbi Tovia Singer responds to a Jew who asks how he (or she) should respond when this issue is raised by Christian missionaries.

From a Christian perspective, I find it very helpful to know / understand how Jews feel about the matter, and how they are being advised to respond to it.

One of the most helpful books I’ve ever procured for my personal library is a book written by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. The title of the book is The Real Messiah? : A Jewish Response to Missionaries. I highly recommend it to all Christians.

I want to speak with Jews about a Jew whom I believe is the Messiah - a Jew whom they don’t believe is the Messiah. Know your audience. Kaplan’s book provides Christians with tremendous - I think invaluable - insight on the audience I want to speak with. “Here’s why we don’t believe Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah.” Great! Those then are the areas where I / we need to focus our attention and address.

Some readers may be familiar with my story about the Jewish bookseller I purchased this particular book from. To this day it still contains the handwritten note the seller wrote on a yellow Post-it to me and placed inside the front cover. (I’m looking at it as a type this message.) The note

”As with all sources that you read and study, I hope you will ‘eat the meat and spit out the bones’ when reading this book. Shalom - “

Was the Jewish bookseller a Jew who believed that Jesus is the Messiah? I don’t know, but it sounds to me like he might have been.

One of the most helpful books I’ve ever procured for my personal library is a book written by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan. The title of the book is The Real Messiah? : A Jewish Response to Missionaries. I highly recommend it to all Christians.

I want to speak with Jews about a Jew whom I believe is the Messiah - a Jew whom they don’t believe is the Messiah. Know your audience. Kaplan’s book provides Christians with tremendous - I think invaluable - insight on the audience I want to speak with. “Here’s why we don’t believe Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah.” Great! Those then are the areas where I / we need to focus our attention and address.

Some readers may be familiar with my story about the Jewish bookseller I purchased this particular book from. To this day it still contains the handwritten note the seller wrote on a yellow Post-it to me and placed inside the front cover. (I’m looking at it as a type this message.) The note

”As with all sources that you read and study, I hope you will ‘eat the meat and spit out the bones’ when reading this book. Shalom - “

Was the Jewish bookseller a Jew who believed that Jesus is the Messiah? I don’t know, but it sounds to me like he might have been.
There are many Messianic Jews that believe in Jesus and are saved and part of His church (his Body) and have became the Bethroved Bride awaiting Rapture.

The Tribulations will lake 2/3 of all Jews from this earth before it ends. Only 1/3 will become and represent Israel as being the Remnant of ALL Israel....There will be no others.

Blade

Interesting article.
We all forget that God has partially blinded Israel including many of the Rabbi's and their opinion using the Oral Talmud. Right now, Israel as a whole does not accept Jesus Christ although there are many who are part of the church (His Body) from the beginning Acts 2.....(some three thousand recieved justification and the Holy Spirit that day.)

Have a great evening

Blade

We all forget that God has partially blinded Israel including many of the Rabbi's and their opinion using the Oral Talmud. Right now, Israel as a whole does not accept Jesus Christ although there are many who are part of the church (His Body) from the beginning Acts 2.....(some three thousand recieved justification and the Holy Spirit that day.)

Have a great evening

Blade

There’s a thread on the forum which is asserting that the ancient rabbis, and Judaism, is trinitarian. (And / or binitarian.)

There’s a thread on the forum which is asserting that the ancient rabbis, and Judaism, is trinitarian. (And / or binitarian.)
Mosaic Judaism did not know about the Trinity even though it was hinted at many times. Also the CHurch was hidden even though it was also hidden and Jesus Christ was not known although the prophecies of a king coming is what got Israel into problems.

Blade

Mosaic Judaism did not know about the Trinity even though it was hinted at many times. Also the CHurch was hidden even though it was also hidden and Jesus Christ was not known although the prophecies of a king coming is what got Israel into problems.

Blade

I agree that “Mosaic Judaism did not know about the Trinity” but that goes against what is being presented in the thread I alluded to. Why don’t you take a look at it? Maybe it will cause you to change your mind. The thread is titled “The Trinity ancient Jews believed in”.

I agree that “Mosaic Judaism did not know about the Trinity” but that goes against what is being presented in the thread I alluded to. Why don’t you take a look at it? Maybe it will cause you to change your mind. The thread is titled “The Trinity ancient Jews believed in”.
No Thanks.

Blade

Back