• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

proof of God?

can a man prove that the Living God if Israel exists?
The short answer: No. We can only know by faith. All human knowledge is eventually traced back to axioms we have come to accept by faith. Whether it is the God does not exist or whether it is God does exist.

Faith

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

Every morning I remember my last drunk. I awoke in my barracks room at Pearl Harbor Naval Base. My heart was beating very fast and hard. I lay in my bed in a drunken stuper feeling it. I started to drift back to sleep when an inner voice, but not mine told me. "If you fall back to sleep you will not wake up. I took that to mean I would die in my sleep. I got up and got dressed and was pacing back and forth in my room. I was afraid to leave the room. Then that voice came again and told me to "get to a hospital now." I left my room and went to the barracks office. I asked the person on duty there for a ride to the hospital. He called the base police. they came and took me to Tripler Army hospital ER. The dcotor admitted me and put on the mental/detox ward. Thus began my journy to Faith. I believe that inner voice was God.

The short answer: No. We can only know by faith. All human knowledge is eventually traced back to axioms we have come to accept by faith. Whether it is the God does not exist or whether it is God does exist.

It would seem true that man can’t prove there is a God of which I am inclined to believe, but faith isn’t proof that there is a Living God. How many pagans believe in gods that don’t exist? They have faith in their gods, does that prove they exist?

Sure, one can say they are man made therefore they exist but gods like Zeus and the like. Do they exist because people had faith in them?

Pulse a Living God exists no matter what anybody believes or trusts or has faith in Him. The Almighty existed before anything else that exists existed.

Faith

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

Every morning I remember my last drunk. I awoke in my barracks room at Pearl Harbor Naval Base. My heart was beating very fast and hard. I lay in my bed in a drunken stuper feeling it. I started to drift back to sleep when an inner voice, but not mine told me. "If you fall back to sleep you will not wake up. I took that to mean I would die in my sleep. I got up and got dressed and was pacing back and forth in my room. I was afraid to leave the room. Then that voice came again and told me to "get to a hospital now." I left my room and went to the barracks office. I asked the person on duty there for a ride to the hospital. He called the base police. they came and took me to Tripler Army hospital ER. The dcotor admitted me and put on the mental/detox ward. Thus began my journy to Faith. I believe that inner voice was God.
you might believe that inner voice was God or of God, but was it God? and can you prove it? which is the subject at hand.

also, hope is expectation in biblical terms, faith is the substance of things expected, which is true in any case involving belief and trust.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem true that man can’t prove there is a God of which I am inclined to believe, but faith isn’t proof that there is a Living God. How many pagans believe in gods that don’t exist they have faith in their gods, does that prove they exist?

Sure, one can say they are man made therefore they exist but gods like Zeus and the like. Do they exist because people had faith in them?

Pulse a Living God exists no matter what anybody believes or trusts or has faith in Him. The Almighty existed before anything else that exists existed.
Your argument conflates faith with belief. The best illustration of this that approximates the difference is the story of Boldin crossing Niagra Falls on a tightrope while pushing a wheelbarrow. Before he departed to walk the narrow way, he asked the crowd how many believed he could accomplish this feat. Almost every hand shot up. Then He asked who would volunteer to ride in the wheelbarrow; nary a hand insight.

Sure they would believe but did they have faith.

Now back to the main thrust of your case. Faith does not create God. God creates faith and is given to each man according to his measure. As with anything else in the apomorphic sphere out of reality beyond our senses, one must-have experiences that build that faith. Knowledge of God is more than just believe it is a living experience that is both sentient and interactive. But one cannot give that experience to another nor can they prove or disprove it, each person must seek it for themselves with an open mind and an open heart.

you might believe that inner voice was God or of God, but was it God? and can you prove it? which is the subject at hand.

also, hope is expectation in biblical terms, faith is the substance of things expected, which is true in any case involving belief and trust.
Anecdotally it is proven to one's own would, but no, it cannot be proven to another. Just like trying to prove God does not exist. Or trying to prove how existence exists.

Mankind is a very axiomatic creature.

Your argument conflates faith with belief. The best illustration of this that approximates the difference is the story of Boldin crossing Niagra Falls on a tightrope while pushing a wheelbarrow. Before he departed to walk the narrow way, he asked the crowd how many believed he could accomplish this feat. Almost every hand shot up. Then He asked who would volunteer to ride in the wheelbarrow; nary a hand insight.

Sure they would believe but did they have faith.

Now back to the main thrust of your case. Faith does not create God. God creates faith and is given to each man according to his measure. As with anything else in the apomorphic sphere out of reality beyond our senses, one must-have experiences that build that faith. Knowledge of God is more than just believe it is a living experience that is both sentient and interactive. But one cannot give that experience to another nor can they prove or disprove it, each person must seek it for themselves with an open mind and an open heart.

look up faith will ya, faith is belief and trust when its not used as some religious garble.

Anecdotally it is proven to one's own would, but no, it cannot be proven to another. Just like trying to prove God does not exist. Or trying to prove how existence exists.

Mankind is a very axiomatic creature.

I'm sorry was i asking you?

look up faith will ya, faith is belief and trust when its not used as some religious garble.
Even words are axiomatic. Gay use to mean happy but now it really doesn't anymore. Most "human truth" is relative and based on axioms.

I'm sorry was i asking you?
Open forums invite open responses. Try to not be so sensitive. I don't bite. This can be a great discussion or just an angry screed. It is up to you.

Even words are axiomatic. Gay use to mean happy but now it really doesn't anymore. Most "human truth" is relative and based on axioms.
so what you're saying is you will use words to win the argument rather then in context in the interest of the truth, correct?

Back