• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Lampstand

Gird one's loins is to prepare oneself for something difficult or challenging. It came from men wrapping up their robes so that they would not be in the way during a battle.

View attachment 1870

your lights burning;

When one was keeping watch for the return of their Master, they kept their oil lamps trimmed, fueled up and burning. We are to keep fuled up by the Holy Spirit which will keep the truth burning in our lives.
Interesting but Muslim influence is suspected.

Greetings Grace Accepted,

I consider that the oil represents the process of receiving the Word of God, and meditating upon it so that the mind can produce light in the midst of the darkness of this world. The Word is the product of the Holy Spirit and I do not believe that we have the Holy Spirit within to directly guide our every thought and step in life. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God.

Kind regards
Trevor
This is part of it but my experience is different in the sense that the Holy Spirit strives within me everyday to obey God. He convicts me and teaches me what He will from the scriptures as I read. The difference between me and a lost sinner, is that I know I am in actions a sinner and I hate it but I rejoice in the sacrifice wherein by faith I am made before God as perfect forever.

This is what the gold is for, which we have to buy from the Lord.
It is a work of beaten gold.

And the tongs thereof, and the snuffdishes thereof, shall be of pure gold.
Of a talent of pure gold shall he make it, with all these vessels.
And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount.

Exodus 25:38-40
Gold was the material the lampstands were made of. God does not tarnish over time and remains beautiful and precious much like the truth of God. It also is compared unfavorably to faith in 1 Peter 1:7

This has nothing to do with the lampstands.
It was you who said the lamps need oil.
And I am only agreeing, by showing a verse about receiving the oil.

And I answered again, and said unto him,
What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Zechariah 4:12-14

Gold was the material the lampstands were made of. God does not tarnish over time and remains beautiful and precious much like the truth of God.
I believe it is speaking of the gold in heaven, for our candlestick which is in heaven.
As in, laying up our treasures in heaven.
Also as in, forming a golden calf out of the fire. (Not that I recommend this.)

And this work of the candlestick was of beaten gold,
unto the shaft thereof, unto the flowers thereof, was beaten work:
according unto the pattern which the Lord had shewed Moses, so he made the candlestick.

Numbers 8:4

It also is compared unfavorably to faith in 1 Peter 1:7
Unfavourable to gold that perishes.
(I think he means monetary gain. Or golden calves taken from the fire.)

And a mention of the Lord appearing. ☺️ ♥️

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire,
might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

1 Peter 1:7

And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver:
and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver,
that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

Malachi 3:3

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 6:20-21

Greetings again Grace Accepted,
This is part of it but my experience is different in the sense that the Holy Spirit strives within me everyday to obey God. He convicts me and teaches me what He will from the scriptures as I read.
Yes, it appears that we have different experience, or at least different claims as to how the Word of God interacts with our thoughts and motivations as we read and meditate on what is written. I would be interested how you understand in what sense how for the five virgins, their oil in their lamps runs out or is no longer available when they want to go out to meet the bridegroom. Is the oil here the Holy Spirit?
[color]Matthew 25:7–8 (KJV): 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. [/color]

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Grace Accepted,

Yes, it appears that we have different experience, or at least different claims as to how the Word of God interacts with our thoughts and motivations as we read and meditate on what is written. I would be interested how you understand in what sense how for the five virgins, their oil in their lamps runs out or is no longer available when they want to go out to meet the bridegroom. Is the oil here the Holy Spirit?
[color]Matthew 25:7–8 (KJV): 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. [/color]

Kind regards
Trevor
An interesting parable .

Oil does represent the power of faith the light of the gospel unto the feet of the apostles as messengers sent .

Ten in increments of hundred, a thousand. and ten thousand reveal the whole as a unknown . Five is used to represent the redeemed .

The virgin represent all of the believers male and female. The bride of Christ the church . Not what we are but what we will be .

Like with the case of Timothy espoused by the mother hen Paul(believers the mother of us all) "Galatians 4" Espoused to Christ our husband

Paul suffered in pains of birth holding our the light of the gospel until Christ was formed in the chaste virgin Timothy

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Back