• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Lampstand

S

Sissy

lampstand 1.jpg

What did this symbolism in the temple mean to the ancient people?

Made entirely of gold with 7 branches, bowls, knobs, and flowers modeled after an almond tree.
(Ex 25:33-34, Ex 37:19-20, Ex 37:20)

The bowls at the top of each branch were fashioned after the appearance of almonds, and almond tree flowers and buds decorated each branch.

almod tree branch.jpeg

Before the tabernacle/temple was even built, we have another scriptural reference to an almond tree with the staff of Aaron who would be chosen as high priest.
Aaron's staff was used against the magical forces of the Egyptians when YHWH demanded that Pharaoh let His people go.
His staff was used to show whom YHWH chose to be high priest.

Numbers 17:5-8​
(5) And it will happen, the man whom I will choose, his staff will blossom, and so I will rid from upon myself the grumblings of the Israelites, who are grumbling against you."​
(6) Moses spoke to the Israelites, and all their leaders gave him a staff for each leader, one from each of their families, twelve staffs, and the staff of Aaron was in the midst of their tribes.​
(7) And Moses put the staffs before Yahweh in the tent of testimony.​
(8) Then the next day, Moses went into the tent of the testimony, and behold the staff of Aaron for the house of Levi blossomed and put forth a flower and produced blossoms, and it produced almonds.​

Not only was it fashioned after a delightful and fruitful tree, but it also provided light to see/watch by, as oil was poured into the 7 bowls atop each branch.

Why 7 branches with 7 lamps burning?
The ancients believed there were 7 chief holy angels of YHWH, the spirit beings before the throne of YHWH.

Revelation 1:4​
(4) John, to the seven churches in Asia: grace to you and peace from the one who is and the one who was and the one who is coming, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,​
Revelation 4:5​
(5) And from the throne came out lightnings and sounds and thunders, and seven torches of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God.​

The ancients also knew of these 7 spirit angels from other sources of Jewish writers such as Book of Enoch and Book of Tobit.

Angels are also referred to as "watchers". (Jer 4:16, Dan 4:17, and also in Enoch and Tobit).

YHWH would often send forth holy ones (angels) to go to and fro through the earth and report back what they saw happening.
As with the different colored horses of Zechariah.

Zechariah 1:10​
(10) And the man standing between the myrtle shrubs answered and said, "These are those whom Yahweh has sent to patrol the earth."​
(11) And they answered the angel of Yahweh who was standing between the myrtle shrubs, and they said, "We have patrolled the earth, and look, all the earth is dwelling in peace."​

Also, Zechariah 6.​

And also, these 7 spirits are referred to as the eyes of YHWH.

Zechariah 4:10​
(10) For whoever has despised the day of small things will rejoice and will see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel." These seven are the eyes of Yahweh which are ranging throughout the whole earth.​
2 Chronicles 16:9​
(9) For the eyes of Yahweh roam throughout all the earth to strengthen those whose heart is fully devoted to him. You have been foolish in this, for from now on you will have wars."​

All this imagery reminded the people that YHWH watches and knows all that is going on, even during the times of persecution when it seemed YHWH was not present.
A vivid representation that YHWH, who gives life and light, is always with His people through thick and thin.

We see all this imagery used to describe YHWH's message to the 7 churches of Revelation.

The Seven Branch Lamp stand is the symbol for the nation of Israel, established by Yahwah. However, the Jews do not use that anymore, because it represents Christianity. They have made their own, the six point star.
  • Amos 5:26
    You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god— which you made for yourselves.

• Acts 7:43
    You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek and the six point star of your god, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile’ beyond Babylon.

The six-pointed star came to be associated with the idol Molech

The Seven Branch Lamp stand is the symbol for the nation of Israel, established by Yahwah. However, the Jews do not use that anymore, because it represents Christianity. They have made their own, the six point star.
  • Amos 5:26
    You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god— which you made for yourselves.

You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek and the six point star of your god, the idols you made to worship. Therefore I will send you into exile’ beyond Babylon.

The six-pointed star came to be associated with the idol Molech
Very interesting. 7 is also considered the perfect number. The flames are the light of the world and the oil is the power of God through the agency of the Holy Spirit.

The Grafted Branch of Israel.

Yahshua said we are a grafted BRANCH into Israel; that means that Christians are now Israel in the new covenant. The elect have become the seed of Abraham by election and not birth.

Jeremiah 31:31 "The time is coming", declares the Lord, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel." See also: Gen 35:10-11, Ex 20:8-10, Lev 19:34, Isa 9:3, Isa 26:15, Isa 44:5, Isa 46:13, Isa 56:3-6-8, Isa 62:2, Isa 65:15, and the examples go on.

John 1:12- "sons of God"
John 11:52- "gathering together in one the children of God."
Rom 8:14-16- "are the children of God"
2Cr 6:18- "shall be my sons and daughters"
Gal 4:5-7- "heir of God through Christ"
1John 3:2- "we should be called sons of God."
Rom 9:6-7- "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel"
Gal 4:25-30.."are the children of promise"
Gal 3:7.."which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham"
Gal 3:29.."And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."
2Cr 6:16.."I will be their God and they shall be my people."
Eph 2:12-19.."That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, (enmity means hostility) [even / toward] the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of [twain / us] one new man, so making peace;
And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the [cross / stake], having slain the enmity (hostility) thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were far away, and to them that were near. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;"

1Peter 2:9. "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, and holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:
Which in time past (were not) a people, but (are now) the people of God: which hand not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."

John 17:22.."And the glory which you gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one."

• Isaiah 4:2
[ The Branch of the LORD ] In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

• Isaiah 11:1

[ The Branch From Jesse ] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

• Jeremiah 23:5

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

• Jeremiah 33:15
“‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

• Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

• Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

• John 15:1
[ The Vine and the Branches ] “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

• John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

• John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

• John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• John 15:6
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

• Romans 11:11
[ Ingrafted Branches ] Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

• Romans 11:16
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

• Romans 11:17
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

• Romans 11:18
do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

• Romans 11:19
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”

• Romans 11:21
For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

• Romans 11:24
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

I know of no manuscript that has "six point" for this verse.
It only says "star" and does not say the shape of it.

I know of no manuscript that has "six point" for this verse.
It only says "star" and does not say the shape of it.
Molek is associated with the six point star. I wrote the ID of that star.

Molek is associated with the six point star. I wrote the ID of that star.
Six pointed (hexagon) star was ancient symbol for the brightest star in the constellation of Leo (Lion) called the King Star.
It wouldn't be an unusual symbol for any god or king to use in the cultures of that time.
Believed to be the symbol on the signet ring that YHWH gave to King Solomon that made demon angels be subject to him.

View attachment 1859

Made entirely of gold with 7 branches, bowls, knobs, and flowers modeled after an almond tree.

The bowls at the top of each branch were fashioned after the appearance of almonds, and almond tree flowers and buds decorated each branch.

View attachment 1860

Before the tabernacle/temple was even built, we have another scriptural reference to an almond tree with the staff of Aaron who would be chosen as high priest.
Aaron's staff was used against the magical forces of the Egyptians when YHWH demanded that Pharaoh let His people go.

(5) And it will happen, the man whom I will choose, his staff will blossom, and so I will rid from upon myself the grumblings of the Israelites, who are grumbling against you."​
(6) Moses spoke to the Israelites, and all their leaders gave him a staff for each leader, one from each of their families, twelve staffs, and the staff of Aaron was in the midst of their tribes.​
(8) Then the next day, Moses went into the tent of the testimony, and behold the staff of Aaron for the house of Levi blossomed and put forth a flower and produced blossoms, and it produced almonds.​

Not only was it fashioned after a delightful and fruitful tree, but it also provided light to see/watch by, as oil was poured into the 7 bowls atop each branch.

The ancients believed there were 7 chief holy angels of YHWH, the spirit beings before the throne of YHWH.

(4) John, to the seven churches in Asia: grace to you and peace from the one who is and the one who was and the one who is coming, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne,​
(5) And from the throne came out lightnings and sounds and thunders, and seven torches of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God.​

The ancients also knew of these 7 spirit angels from other sources of Jewish writers such as Book of Enoch and Book of Tobit.

Angels are also referred to as "watchers". (Jer 4:16, Dan 4:17, and also in Enoch and Tobit).

YHWH would often send forth holy ones (angels) to go to and fro through the earth and report back what they saw happening.

(10) And the man standing between the myrtle shrubs answered and said, "These are those whom Yahweh has sent to patrol the earth."​
(11) And they answered the angel of Yahweh who was standing between the myrtle shrubs, and they said, "We have patrolled the earth, and look, all the earth is dwelling in peace."​

Also, Zechariah 6.​

(10) For whoever has despised the day of small things will rejoice and will see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel." These seven are the eyes of Yahweh which are ranging throughout the whole earth.​
(9) For the eyes of Yahweh roam throughout all the earth to strengthen those whose heart is fully devoted to him. You have been foolish in this, for from now on you will have wars."​

All this imagery reminded the people that YHWH watches and knows all that is going on, even during the times of persecution when it seemed YHWH was not present.
A vivid representation that YHWH, who gives life and light, is always with His people through thick and thin.

We see all this imagery used to describe YHWH's message to the 7 churches of Revelation.
Interesting that those watchers reported to the angel of Yahweh, not Yahweh himself.

Six pointed (hexagon) star was ancient symbol for the brightest star in the constellation of Leo (Lion) called the King Star.
It wouldn't be an unusual symbol for any god or king to use in the cultures of that time.
Believed to be the symbol on the signet ring that YHWH gave to King Solomon that made demon angels be subject to him.
Thanks Sissy, I did not know that.

Yes...but since I believe that YHWH has a perfect knowledge of all of HIS creation, by it being predetermined at this time, I think that rather than reporting back to educate HIM about what was happening, their report was so HE could know and trust they got the situation correctly since they were operating by their free will which HE did not know since a free will cannot be predetermined and still be free.

Yes...but since I believe that YHWH has a perfect knowledge of all of HIS creation, by it being predetermined at this time, I think that rather than reporting back to educate HIM about what was happening, their report was so HE could know and trust they got the situation correctly since they were operating by their free will which HE did not know since a free will cannot be predetermined and still be free.
Oh I don't think they were sent out to report back in order to educate YHWH either.

Scripture confirms that YHWH does have council meetings with the angles.
Even the book of Job has Satan showing up for one of those council meetings.

Job 1:6-7 LEB
(6) And it happened one day that the sons of God came to present themselves before Yahweh, and Satan also came into their midst.
(7) So Yahweh said to Satan, "From where have you come?" Then Satan answered Yahweh and said, "From roaming on the earth and from walking about in it."

View attachment 1859

View attachment 1860

Also, Zechariah 6.​

Thank you for that.

I had already lit up my chakras before I came to Jesus and the Bible.
So I said to the Lord at that time, if I don't find mention of my lamps and pipes in this here book, I shall know it not true.
Of course, the chakras are mentioned throughout.

And thou shalt make a candlestick of pure gold:
of beaten work shall the candlestick be made:
his shaft, and his branches, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, shall be of the same.
And thou shalt make the seven lamps thereof:
and they shall light the lamps thereof, that they may give light over against it.

Exodus 25:31 & 37

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
Luke 12:35

Back