• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

John 17

P

Pipiripi

JOHN 17:1-26

1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, (not on earth in the direction of Jerusalem where carnal minded people think on earth), Father, the hour is come; glorify thy SON, that thy  SON also may glorify thee:

2. As  thou (God) hast given Him (Jesus Christ) power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as MANY (not all) as Thou hast given Him (Jesus Christ). Do you see that Jesus are speaking about "He" and "Him" referring to HIMSELF. So this is exactly as the Holy Spirit.

3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee (God) the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent. (Why is yours god holy spirit not in this prayer?).

4. I have glorified thee on the earth: (Trevor, listen carefully) I have FINISHED the work which Thou gavest me to do.

5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine OWN SELF with the glory which I had WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD WAS. (Trinitarians and Unitarians and all that don't believe that Jesus Christ was before Abraham, and others that thinking that Jesus was just a man coming out of Mary. WAKE UP!!)

6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which Thou gavest me OUT OF THE WORLD: thine they they were, and thou gavest them me: and they have kept thy word. (The apostles and the followers. Not plucking verses here and there people).

7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8. For I have given unto them (the apostles and the followers of the Bible teachings) the words which Thou gavest me; and they have received  THEM , (the words of Jesus Christ, not man teachings.) and have known surely that I CAME OUT FROM THEE, and they have BELIEVED that thou didst send me.

9. I pray for them (not for people that believe that Jesus in not the literal Son of God): I pray  Not for the world (carnal minded people), but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine (this is written for spiritual people. Romans 8:4); I am glorified in them.

11. (Trevor! Listen carefully!) And now I am NO MORE IN THE WORLD, but these are in the world, and I COME TO THEE (Trevor does this sounds like the crucifixion of Jesus Christ or a promise to us true Biblical followers?). Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom Thou hast given me (are the all Sunday, and no day, and all day people, and rest in Jesus doing nothing, and plucking verses here and there people, including in this prayer? Absolutely NOT!!), that they may be one, as we are.

12. While I was with them IN THE WORLD (Trevor), I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13. AND NOW COME I TO THEE (Where Trevor? In this world Jerusalem or in heaven?); and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves (it is hard for we true followers of Jesus Christ seeing how Satan his agent in this world, are misleading the poor children who is searching for the truth everywhere in those fallen churches with their new age teachings. Jesus is their Sabbath rest. Making Jesus Christ a day, not Son of God, but a resting day 😴).

14. I have given them thy word (the Bible); and the world hath hated them (us followers of only what is written in the Bible), because they are NOT of the world, Bible interpreted itself here. No doubt at all!), EVEN AS I AM NOT OF THE WORLD (Trevor, does this sound like that Jesus are going ruled in this world by His second coming? Jesus are talking to His Father when He are still in this world before they killed him, like you all are doing now with yours falls interpretation by plucking verses here and there. Do you see how to let the Bible explain itself by following and practicing what is written exactly in the Bible! I hope so!!).

15. I pray NOT that Thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16. They are not of the world (means that we are spiritual), even as I am not of the world (God is searching for people that worship Him in SPIRIT AND TRUE).

17. Sanctify them through thy truth (we that are trusting only what the Bible teach): thy word is truth.

18. As thou hast sent me into the world (not just born like one of us. SEND ME!!), even so have I also sent them (Pipiripi and all the other that are trusting only in the Bible) into the world.

19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20. Neither pray I for these (the apostles) alone, but for  THEM (us, not for plucking verses here and there) also which shall believe on my through their words (the apostles, the Bible. Not new ages teaching. "Jesus is my rest");

21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, ART IN ME, AND I IN THEE (where is the strange god holy spirit!! Isn't it that three bare witnesses!!), that THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US (This is the true Trio. God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and THEIR people on earth.): that the world may believe that THOU HAST SENT ME.

22. And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23. I in them ( how can Jesus Christ be in them? By HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Not another strange god holy spirit.), and thou in me, that they may be MADE PERFECT IN ONE; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.

24. Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given me, BE WITH ME WHERE I AM (Trevor are you between us?); that they may behold my glory, which Thou hast given me: for Thou lovedst me BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

25. O righteous Father, the word hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I IN them (by His Holy Spirit).

Now you all plucking verses, do you have learned how to let the Bible interpreted itself? Do you have learned the difference between spiritual and carnal mind people?

Trevor say that John 14:1-3 is speaking about Jesus Christ crucifixion, does this all sound like Jesus Christ on the cross, or the way of the cross? No my friend. The way to the cross starts here:

John 18!

JOHN 17:1-26

1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up His eyes to heaven, (not on earth in the direction of Jerusalem where carnal minded people think on earth), Father, the hour is come; glorify thy SON, that thy  SON also may glorify thee:

2. As  thou (God) hast given Him (Jesus Christ) power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as MANY (not all) as Thou hast given Him (Jesus Christ). Do you see that Jesus are speaking about "He" and "Him" referring to HIMSELF. So this is exactly as the Holy Spirit.

3. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee (God) the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent. (Why is yours god holy spirit not in this prayer?).

4. I have glorified thee on the earth: (Trevor, listen carefully) I have FINISHED the work which Thou gavest me to do.

5. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine OWN SELF with the glory which I had WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD WAS. (Trinitarians and Unitarians and all that don't believe that Jesus Christ was before Abraham, and others that thinking that Jesus was just a man coming out of Mary. WAKE UP!!)

6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which Thou gavest me OUT OF THE WORLD: thine they they were, and thou gavest them me: and they have kept thy word. (The apostles and the followers. Not plucking verses here and there people).

7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8. For I have given unto them (the apostles and the followers of the Bible teachings) the words which Thou gavest me; and they have received  THEM , (the words of Jesus Christ, not man teachings.) and have known surely that I CAME OUT FROM THEE, and they have BELIEVED that thou didst send me.

9. I pray for them (not for people that believe that Jesus in not the literal Son of God): I pray  Not for the world (carnal minded people), but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine (this is written for spiritual people. Romans 8:4); I am glorified in them.

11. (Trevor! Listen carefully!) And now I am NO MORE IN THE WORLD, but these are in the world, and I COME TO THEE (Trevor does this sounds like the crucifixion of Jesus Christ or a promise to us true Biblical followers?). Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom Thou hast given me (are the all Sunday, and no day, and all day people, and rest in Jesus doing nothing, and plucking verses here and there people, including in this prayer? Absolutely NOT!!), that they may be one, as we are.

12. While I was with them IN THE WORLD (Trevor), I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13. AND NOW COME I TO THEE (Where Trevor? In this world Jerusalem or in heaven?); and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves (it is hard for we true followers of Jesus Christ seeing how Satan his agent in this world, are misleading the poor children who is searching for the truth everywhere in those fallen churches with their new age teachings. Jesus is their Sabbath rest. Making Jesus Christ a day, not Son of God, but a resting day 😴).

14. I have given them thy word (the Bible); and the world hath hated them (us followers of only what is written in the Bible), because they are NOT of the world, Bible interpreted itself here. No doubt at all!), EVEN AS I AM NOT OF THE WORLD (Trevor, does this sound like that Jesus are going ruled in this world by His second coming? Jesus are talking to His Father when He are still in this world before they killed him, like you all are doing now with yours falls interpretation by plucking verses here and there. Do you see how to let the Bible explain itself by following and practicing what is written exactly in the Bible! I hope so!!).

15. I pray NOT that Thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that Thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16. They are not of the world (means that we are spiritual), even as I am not of the world (God is searching for people that worship Him in SPIRIT AND TRUE).

17. Sanctify them through thy truth (we that are trusting only what the Bible teach): thy word is truth.

18. As thou hast sent me into the world (not just born like one of us. SEND ME!!), even so have I also sent them (Pipiripi and all the other that are trusting only in the Bible) into the world.

19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20. Neither pray I for these (the apostles) alone, but for  THEM (us, not for plucking verses here and there) also which shall believe on my through their words (the apostles, the Bible. Not new ages teaching. "Jesus is my rest");

21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, ART IN ME, AND I IN THEE (where is the strange god holy spirit!! Isn't it that three bare witnesses!!), that THEY ALSO MAY BE ONE IN US (This is the true Trio. God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and THEIR people on earth.): that the world may believe that THOU HAST SENT ME.

22. And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23. I in them ( how can Jesus Christ be in them? By HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Not another strange god holy spirit.), and thou in me, that they may be MADE PERFECT IN ONE; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.

24. Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given me, BE WITH ME WHERE I AM (Trevor are you between us?); that they may behold my glory, which Thou hast given me: for Thou lovedst me BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

25. O righteous Father, the word hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I IN them (by His Holy Spirit).

Now you all plucking verses, do you have learned how to let the Bible interpreted itself? Do you have learned the difference between spiritual and carnal mind people?

Trevor say that John 14:1-3 is speaking about Jesus Christ crucifixion, does this all sound like Jesus Christ on the cross, or the way of the cross? No my friend. The way to the cross starts here:

John 18!
excellent passage, amen.

It is not even hard to read or understand.

It is simple and clear.

excellent passage, amen.

It is not even hard to read or understand.

It is simple and clear.
They know the truth, their problem is if they come to the truth, they will lose all their 10% taken of the salaries of their members. They are stealing God's money and knowing the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 and many more is written for them. This people hate Jesus Christ and God His Father.

Greetings meshak and Pipripi,
excellent passage, amen. It is not even hard to read or understand. It is simple and clear.
Evidently Pipripi has started this thread on John 17 and another thread on John 14 to attempt to answer what we are discussing of the 1000 Year thread. He tried to start a Debate thread but was stopped, and despite what Sissy said , and what I agreed with her, he has started more threads on the same subject. By doing this he is avoiding or ignoring what is discussed on the 1000 Year thread.

Overall if the three threads are considered, he is trying to prove that when Jesus returns that the earth will be burned and the faithful will go to the Temple / House in heaven for the 1000 years. I thought you do not agree with this view, but maybe you will change from sympathy with JW views to some form of SDA views, as long as they are anti-trin, or non-trin. Is this "Nitpicking?".
They know the truth, their problem is if they come to the truth, they will lose all their 10% taken of the salaries of their members. They are stealing God's money and knowing the truth.
I belong to a lay fellowship and we do not have any paid ministers. But my experience of the SDAs is that they demand the Tithe from their members. Are you a paid Minister or Pastor? If not, do you pay a Minister or Pastor 10%?

Kind regards
Trevor

Evidently Pipripi has started this thread on John 17 and another thread on John 14 to attempt to answer what we are discussing of the 1000 Year thread. He tried to start a Debate thread but was stopped, and despite what Sissy said , and what I agreed with her, he has started more threads on the same subject. By doing this he is avoiding or ignoring what is discussed on the 1000 Year thread.
[/QUOTE]

Many of the questions and claims you asked me are in John 17 including Jesus' preexisting. That's why I said it is an excellent passage.
Overall if the three threads are considered, he is trying to prove that when Jesus returns that the earth will be burned and the faithful will go to the Temple / House in heaven for the 1000 years. I thought you do not agree with this view, but maybe you will change from sympathy with JW views to some form of SDA views, as long as they are anti-trin, or non-trin. Is this "Nitpicking?".
[/QUOTE]

I don't know how this world will end. Pip seems to believe it will be burned. And I don't believe it is a significant matter how it will end.
I belong to a lay fellowship and we do not have any paid ministers. But my experience of the SDAs is that they demand the Tithe from their members. Are you a paid Minister or Pastor? If not, do you pay a Minister or Pastor 10%?

Kind regards
Trevor
I don't belong to any organization as I have already told you tons of times. I will donate to world disaster things as far as giving is concerned.

as I have already told you, I am not into diligently advocating any organizational doctrines in particular. I believe it is a personal thing and we will be judged according to how we practice it.

sincerely.

this message is for @Pipiripi too.

Many of the questions and claims you asked me are in John 17 including Jesus' preexisting. That's why I said it is an excellent passage.
Jesus' preexisting as in one of the many names written in the lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world. The six day the father did work.

That kind of preexisting?

Jesus' preexisting as in one of the many names written in the lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world. The six day the father did work.

That kind of preexisting?
I am talking about Jesus' physical preexistence.

Greetings again meshak,
I may eventually respond to what Pipripi has stated within his thread, but I have been too busy, partly with the 1000 Year thread and other responsibilities. I can understand why Pipripi would like to get away from Isaiah 2:1-4 because it does not agree with his theology, nor with the theology of the SDAs, JWs and your own. The mortal nations will be in the Kingdom of God for the 1000 years. Refer also Zechariah 14 and Isaiah 65.

I usually have a brief time in the morning, and I first look at my emails and process any that are easy, then I look at the various forums that I am active with, and I do this on a tablet which has the six forums that I presently consider. I look at the Alert feature on each of these, and this morning apart from White Horse Forum I have one outstanding Alert on a SDA forum, discussing between two other SDAs on the Trinity. One of these is a Trinitarian, and the other who started the thread is a non-Trinitarian. The latest post by the Trinitarian is not about the Trinity but about EGW's claim in her book The Great Controversy that the real great controversy at the end times will be when the Catholic Church and the Republicans in the USA will proclaim Sunday as the Sabbath, and then the SDAs will be persecuted and Jesus will intervene and rescue all the SDAs and take them to heaven to be with Jesus in God's Temple / House in heaven to fulfil John 14:1-3, while the rest of all the nations will be burnt and the earth will be desolate for 1000 years.

I have now used up my time, and usually unaware of other posts if people start new threads on the same topic, as is Pipripi's habit. I was unaware of the Debate thread and the John 17 and John 14 threads until later. You have posted about Jesus pre-existing, but I disagree but not interested in discussing this again, especially here. Pipripi has not answered my two posts on the 1000 Year thread.

Kind regards
Trevor

I am talking about Jesus' physical preexistence.
I understand what you are talking about. He was not created until his birth . When he was here he declared his flesh profits for nothing .When he left he revealed some did know Christ the holy Spirit of sonship who worked in the Son of man Jesus . But that was the last time any person could view his flesh which again could not profit .What does prophets is the unseen work of God His words are Spirit and life giving.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

God is not an man (creation)

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Kind regards
Trevor
Sure I will do, because their WORK is to preach the gospel. But as long the tithe going in their own pocket I don't give them my money. Adventist Church pastor get paid just as any workers.

I understand what you are talking about. He was not created until his birth . When he was here he declared his flesh profits for nothing .When he left he revealed some did know Christ the holy Spirit of sonship who worked in the Son of man Jesus . But that was the last time any person could view his flesh which again could not profit .What does prophets is the unseen work of God His words are Spirit and life giving.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

God is not an man (creation)

2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
When Jesus resurrected was he a spirit or flesh human body?

The problem of your teaching is completely out of the Bible. Why? Because you don't know what Jehovah God is, and Jesus Christ is, and the Holy Spirit is.

Now is Jesus Christ now flesh and bones or a spirit?

Greetings again meshak,

I may eventually respond to what Pipripi has stated within his thread, but I have been too busy, partly with the 1000 Year thread and other responsibilities. I can understand why Pipripi would like to get away from Isaiah 2:1-4 because it does not agree with his theology, nor with the theology of the SDAs, JWs and your own. The mortal nations will be in the Kingdom of God for the 1000 years. Refer also Zechariah 14 and Isaiah 65.

I usually have a brief time in the morning, and I first look at my emails and process any that are easy, then I look at the various forums that I am active with, and I do this on a tablet which has the six forums that I presently consider. I look at the Alert feature on each of these, and this morning apart from White Horse Forum I have one outstanding Alert on a SDA forum, discussing between two other SDAs on the Trinity. One of these is a Trinitarian, and the other who started the thread is a non-Trinitarian. The latest post by the Trinitarian is not about the Trinity but about EGW's claim in her book The Great Controversy that the real great controversy at the end times will be when the Catholic Church and the Republicans in the USA will proclaim Sunday as the Sabbath, and then the SDAs will be persecuted and Jesus will intervene and rescue all the SDAs and take them to heaven to be with Jesus in God's Temple / House in heaven to fulfil John 14:1-3, while the rest of all the nations will be burnt and the earth will be desolate for 1000 years.

I have now used up my time, and usually unaware of other posts if people start new threads on the same topic, as is Pipripi's habit. I was unaware of the Debate thread and the John 17 and John 14 threads until later. You have posted about Jesus pre-existing, but I disagree but not interested in discussing this again, especially here. Pipripi has not answered my two posts on the 1000 Year thread.

Kind regards
Trevor
I have answered your questions, but you are not agree what the Bible teach. You are seeing everything in the Bible with a carnal eye. You cannot understand the spiritual meaning of nothing written in the Bible. Look to an example between me spiritual and you physical.

You are waiting to Jesus Christ come on earth in this earthly Jerusalem to rules the world now, and in the meantime Satan also rules in the tribulation for 7 years after Jesus coming now. (Carnal mind).
Me! When Jesus Christ come back His second coming is to taking His elect those who has die in Him goes up first, then those that are alive will go up to MEET JESUS IN THE AIR, to go living IN HEAVEN for a thousand years.
And the Bible is clearly that this earth, everything upon it will burns out. (Spirit mind)
John 14:1-3 Jesus has spoken.
1 Corinthians 15:1-58.

I will start a debate about this issue.

Back