• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

Spiritual growth will not happen if you worship a false god, a triune god.
I know many Trinitarians who are FAR more spiritually mature than a certain non-trin I could mention.

You come out with these statements as though they're axioms. What they are is false.

Spiritual growth will not happen if you worship a false god, a triune god.
So would you characterize 'spiritual growth' as coming to the knowledge of the truth?

You come out with these statements as though they're axioms. What they are is false.
So do you think spiritual growth will happen by worshipping a false god?

So do you think spiritual growth will happen by worshipping a false god?
That's a good question...

The vast majority of Christians are taught from day one that God is a Trinity. The doctrine has been around for centuries. Their church teaches it, their pastor teaches it. In their mind, how could it be wrong? So they believe it... Many Trinitarians dearly love God and do their best to please Him and the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that God looks on a person's heart, and that He works with people according to their understanding.

That said, I do think that people's understanding of God and Jesus Christ suffers because of belief in the Trinity, and I'm convinced that the first thing Trinitarian Christians will learn when Christ returns is that there is no such thing as the Trinity.

@Jasher that question doesn't make any sense.

I quoted this Scripture Revelation 13:8 And bow before it shall all who are dwelling upon the land, whose names have not been written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world;

I know many Trinitarians who are FAR more spiritually mature than a certain non-trin I could mention.

Perhaps you should mention him.

@Jasher that question doesn't make any sense.

I quoted this Scripture Revelation 13:8 And bow before it shall all who are dwelling upon the land, whose names have not been written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world;
The question was in reference to your statement to Jesus being the Lamb who was slain before the foundations of the world. The question was how Jesus was slain from the foundation of the world if the world is eternal.

The basis of the question regards what existed prior to the universe. I think that term 'Lamb' is being used symbolically in scripture, which I think you will agree with. However, I am not sure if we will agree on what the "Lamb" represents. Regardless, in order for the Lamb to have been slain from the foundation of the world, it would by implication infer that the Lamb existed prior to the beginning of the universe. Would you agree?

The vast majority of Christians are taught from day one that God is a Trinity.
Except they had be told of the Trinity then they would never had know of the existence of the Trinity.
Their church teaches it, their pastor teaches it. In their mind, how could it be wrong? So they believe it...
The dogma holds that the "The Trinity is a mystery of faith in the strict sense, one of the "mysteries that are hidden in God, which can never be known unless they are revealed by God".
Many Trinitarians dearly love God and do their best to please Him and the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that God looks on a person's heart, and that He works with people according to their understanding.
Basically the doctrine is set up to where either you accept it as being true or you are not of God. And of those who are not of God go into the fire, so they will profess it as being true whether they believe it is true or not.

Except they had be told of the Trinity then they would never had know of the existence of the Trinity.
Agreed!

The dogma holds that the "The Trinity is a mystery of faith in the strict sense, one of the "mysteries that are hidden in God, which can never be known unless they are revealed by God".
That's the dogma....

Basically the doctrine is set up to where either you accept it as being true or you are not of God.
Many Christians are convinced that if a person does not accept the unknowable mystery of the Trinity that he cannot be saved.

And of those who are not of God go into the fire, so they will profess it as being true whether they believe it is true or not.
Unfortunately, for some that is true. People are blackmailed into agreeing with a lie.

There are Trinitarians who genuinely believe that God is a Trinity. They're fooled. But again, God looks on a person's heart. They are doing the best they can, according to what they have been taught, to please God.

Back