• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

With or without them believing and having faith.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Believes will include repentance and amendment of life.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). Believes will include repentance and amendment of life.
so simple and clear, yet some won't accept it.

John Testifies About Jesus
Of course no man can come to the Word unless the Sender draws them (John 6:44) and no man comes to the Sender but by the Word. (John 14:6) So my answer is that the one that they didn't know was the Sender - whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: (John 14:17) Since you referenced that passage I wondered who others thought John was referring unto. Thanx for the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. What I’m saying is that Jesus death, covered all sins of the world. It’s up to people to seek God or not to. Just like believing in him or not. Then you have also progress in growing by the spirit and having love for God and love for man too right?

Of course no man can come to the Word unless the Sender draws them (John 6:44) and no man comes to the Sender but by the Word. (John 14:6) So my answer is that the one that they didn't know was the Sender - whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: (John 14:17) Since you referenced that passage I wondered who others thought John was referring unto. Thanx for the response.
Sure thing.

As you may know,

This thread is indicative that Sin has been taken care of, does that mean a person is perfect? The answer to this question is no. A person is not perfectly right before God - however their sins were paid for before they were born because of the Lord having died on behalf of the world. Everyone born into this world are similar to a blank slate, they can build up their spiritual side here by seeking out God in faith, and having a relationship with the Living God, through the Lord.

However, our flesh has the proclivity to sin - by our own desires when one is enticed to do something. Say a thought comes to your mind where you believe, you should get back someone who took something you own and put them in their place. This is the flesh decision, coming from the inner decider which is you (with-in your own soul (mind/will/emotion) - which you enact upon by and through your flesh.

The point is, is that since Jesus Christ and the Gospels, and his death, burial, and resurrection.

Sin had been paid for all people. The only thing that had remained was the consummation which is lead in by the Revelation which summarizes everything back to being restored like the Garden of Eden.

Thus this is why I believe that the sins of the world have been taken care of, a person can rest in Jesus, share Jesus with others, and give them the ability to choose to either love God and love others, or not.

Praise be to God, and may all us look towards Him, and the Son of God !
:)

Jesus Our Advocate

1My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2He Himself is the atoning sacrificea for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone keeps His word, the love of God has been truly perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him: 6Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.

As far as from my understand it is God's place to judge people, and I fail in that qualification. The Gospel of Christ, deals with God having sent the Word down from heaven, being born by Mary and Jospeh, given the name Jesus (Matthew 1:21). He lived a perfect sinless life, healing many different people along the way, such as demon-possessed, blind, mute, deaf, sick, those riddle of diseases. He had came to his very own people (God's chosen nation of Israel - he chose to work through to bring forth the Messiah). They had him killed, and given to the Romans who nailed him on the cross, which he was raised up and he had died on. Three days after having been buried, Jesus Christ was risen up again by God. Jesus also talked about his return before his death, and the apostles went forward telling others that Jesus too would also return to them in that age, which was the bride of Christ.

That is the gospel as far I know, that because of Jesus Christ, he has over came everything and taken care of sin, the devil, death, hell/sheol, and the wrath of God was poured out on the nation of Israel for having killed His only be-gotten Son Jesus.

Anyone who desires and wants to become a child of God or a son or daughter, all they have to do is make the choice to seek after Christ, and become part of the Heavenly Kingdom by faith in the Son of God, who came, died, buried, and resurrected, even having returned. Because the Spirit of Christ indwells those who believe if they are believers.

Then you have also progress in growing by the spirit and having love for God and love for man too right?
I believe that spiritual growth is a lifelong progress. Love for God and neighbor are the great two commandments.

The significance of this the fact of Jesus being the Lamb who was slain before the foundations of the world.
So how was Jesus slain before the foundations of the world if the world is eternal?

Back