• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

M

MatthewG

Then why do people sometimes spend so much time on their sins for?

Didn’t Jesus take them away? Resurrecting for justification for you if you choose by faith to believe you can become part of the heavenly kingdom and live by the spiritual means.

Jesus did in fact take away the sins of the world, by his death, which was instated by the people in Jerusalem, and then Jesus was handed over to the Roman’s and crucified. The significance of this the fact of Jesus being the Lamb who was slain before the foundations of the world. The Jewish people would experience a coming day of wrath which they had expected from their Old Testament scripture that they would say is canon. Because of his Death, his blood had to be taken and then He would have to come back to show that he had victory over everything taking his bride which was spotless and blameless at that time in that age in 70Ad, with him coming to take his bride and the wrath of God would be poured out upon the nation of Israel.

It is nice to know that all the sin of the world has been taken care of by the Lord, and that was a once in a lifetime deal. If sin is still the focus and not the saving grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, then the focus is not placed on hope to overcome the challenges people face in day in life. Just believe the scripture for what it does say.

John the Baptist said this:

John 1:29

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Jesus will take away all sins of true followers of God and Jesus.

You ought to know that if you are reading His word.

Anyway,

Why are you asking about those kinds of simple and basic Christianity?

All you have to do is to read His word.

I suggest that just because you don't like His teachings, please do not spread false teaching of Jesus.

The Christian world is so circus because many professed believers do not like Jesus' standard so they twist around the word to fit to their desire.

It seems you are very one of them.

Anyway,

Why are you asking about those kinds of simple and basic Christianity?

All you have to do is to read His word.

I suggest that just because you don't like His teachings, please do not spread false teaching of Jesus.

The Christian world is so circus because many professed believers do not like Jesus' standard so they twist around the word to fit to their desire.

It seems you are very one of them.
This isn't about the Trinity. Aren't you nitpicking again?

Then why do people sometimes spend so much time on their sins for?

Didn’t Jesus take them away? Resurrecting for justification for you if you choose by faith to believe you can become part of the heavenly kingdom and live by the spiritual means.

Jesus did in fact take away the sins of the world, by his death, which was instated by the people in Jerusalem, and then Jesus was handed over to the Roman’s and crucified. The significance of this the fact of Jesus being the Lamb who was slain before the foundations of the world. The Jewish people would experience a coming day of wrath which they had expected from their Old Testament scripture that they would say is canon. Because of his Death, his blood had to be taken and then He would have to come back to show that he had victory over everything taking his bride which was spotless and blameless at that time in that age in 70Ad, with him coming to take his bride and the wrath of God would be poured out upon the nation of Israel.

It is nice to know that all the sin of the world has been taken care of by the Lord, and that was a once in a lifetime deal. If sin is still the focus and not the saving grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, then the focus is not placed on hope to overcome the challenges people face in day in life. Just believe the scripture for what it does say.

The sins of Israel were being carried away.

Thank you for the comments.
I hope you take heed of all of Jesus' teachings and warnings.

that's what it means to "repent".

disregarding and changing it to your desire is not the way.

In fact, it is disgraceful and betraying Jesus because He explained so plainly and clearly.

Do you know the difference between a Priest and and a Levite?

I was just wondering since it is written in John 1:19, "And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?"

Now if not mistaken, John was the one conceived of the barren, whom it was prophesied would be the one called the prophet of the highest;

- that would go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;
- give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,
- give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
And whom it was written in scripture was the child that grew, and waxed strong in spirit, and was in the deserts till the day of his shewing unto Israel.

So in John 1:26, who do you think John was referring unto when he answered them saying, "but there standing one among you, whom ye know not;"?

Thank you for sharing Jasher.

John 1:22-34

New International Version

22 Finally they said, “Who are you? Give us an answer to take back to those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”
23 John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet, “I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’”[a]
24 Now the Pharisees who had been sent 25 questioned him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”
26 “I baptize with[b] water,” John replied, “but among you stands one you do not know. 27 He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”
28 This all happened at Bethany on the other side of the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

John Testifies About Jesus​

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”[c]

Didn’t Jesus take them away?
Those who want to be saved. There is no sin which the Lord cannot forgive except for the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit. A person wanting to be saved must repent and amend their life. However, few will be saved. Meaning there are many who will not desire to be saved. Wanting to live in sin.

Bradley, I believe that Jesus has already saved people from the wrath of God, Satan and his Angels, Sin, Death (even second death), Hell/Hades/Sheol, for all people. With or without them believing and having faith.

Like you said though to be 'saved to' the Kingdom of Heaven, takes a decision from a person who is desirous of such relationship with the Living God in and through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Back