• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"I am saved" doctrine is a false doctrine.

Jesus said there will be a lot of false doctrine. That is why it is so important for a Christian to study the Bible for themselves and not to depend only on their Sunday/Saturday Sermons.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect" (Matthew 24:24)..

Ok, it seems I am riling up with my claims to you.

You are of course entitled to voice your opinions too.

I will continue with "riling up" all false claims and misleading doctrines and practices.

blessings.
And what does Eph 2:8 mean ?

For by GRACE you are HAVING Been Saved through faith and this NOT from yourselves .

SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and a PARTICIPLE .

Better look at the Greek text before answering !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The participle is the word HAVING which ends in ING .

The Greek word word SOZO is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE so check before answering , please !!

The Greek PASSIVE VOICE means that God does the saving .

Here is a good one , the Greek word NOT / OV is a DISUNCTIVE PARTICPLE NEGATIVE , again check before answering and that , means NOT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT EVER .

The Greek perfect tense means you are saved for ever .

So if yu are not saved by GRACE how do you know you are saved , better have a verse ??

dan p

I can't speak for others but when Christ asks, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though he dies. And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” I believe!

When the bible tells me, "because by a single offering He has made perfect for all time those who are being sanctified." I believe!!!

It means that Paul, a man, wrote some words.

They contradict the teachings of Jesus, so those words are simply meaningless.
And in Gal 1:1 reads Paul and apostle , not from men , nor through man

but through Jesus Christ and God the Father , are these JUST from

a man .

Then in 1 Cor 11:1 , you become imitators of me ( Paul ) as

I am of Christ , so what is your beef ??

dan p

Christians will be judged first.

1 Peter 4:17-19 (New International Version)
17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18And,
"If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?"

19So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

Judgment as those elected to salvation .The outcome for those who are not judged as believers end in death never to rise to new spirit life . There corrupted flesh returns to the dust and the temporal spirit given after the letter of the law (death) returns to the father of all spirit life our living God .

So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. the one who works in us to both will and empower the believer to do the pleasurer of His will

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We have his confidence as the power of the Spirit (not of us)

Philippians 1:5-6 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Judgment as those elected to salvation .The outcome for those who are not judged as believers end in death never to rise to new spirit life . There corrupted flesh returns to the dust and the temporal spirit given after the letter of the law (death) returns to the father of all spirit life our living God .

So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good. the one who works in us to both will and empower the believer to do the pleasurer of His will

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

We have his confidence as the power of the Spirit (not of us)

Philippians 1:5-6 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
And Peter is not part of the Body of Christ and where does it say Peter is part of the B O C ?

Lets have a verse !!

dan p

And Peter is not part of the Body of Christ and where does it say Peter is part of the B O C ?

Lets have a verse !!

dan p
Peter was there on the day of Pentecost when the gift of holy spirit was given. He received holy spirit. That makes him a member of the body of Christ.

Peter was there on the day of Pentecost when the gift of holy spirit was given. He received holy spirit. That makes him a member of the body of Christ.
I would offer the gift of the Holy Spirit began with the apostle Abel in Genesis .The first apostle as a prophet and recorded martyr .Peter was also sent by God *(apostle) with the words of God prophecy. Judas went on his own power like the many in Mathew 7.

Christ said of them I never knew you depart from me you workers of iniquity.

I would offer the gift of the Holy Spirit began with the apostle Abel in Genesis .
It didn't. The gift of holy spirit as we have it today was not available before Pentecost. Jesus Christ received it from the Father, and poured it out (Acts 2:33).
The first apostle as a prophet and recorded martyr .Peter was also sent by God *(apostle) with the words of God prophecy. Judas went on his own power like the many in Mathew 7.

Christ said of them I never knew you depart from me you workers of iniquity.
Relevance?

Back